Yes, this is my motto so far. I want to see what to be the best me I can be (and look like a fitness model). And hey why not, I've met my fitness goals for the past two years.

2010- Do not gain winter weight (10-12lb) CHECK! Done by eating healthier vegetarian fare, minimal working out though (boo me). Goal met 120lbs.

2011- Up fitness level and tone up a little, AND do not gain winter weight (again...10-12lbs) CHECK! Done by continuing with vegetarian fare 99% of the time and Zumba with Pilates thrown in here and there. Goal met and 118-119lbs, GO ME! :o) Last 2 weeks of the year transitioned to paleo/GAPS diet like food.

End of 2011 I find Nerd Fitness and I find more motivation. Love the idea of stronger, and lift heavy :o) I thought; 'what can I possibly do to level up my life fitness wise, and other wise?' So I went from vegetarian to paleo/primal namely to improve my physic AND to fix my digestion. And maybe even decrease my meds for my autoimmune system malfunction (RA). Still working on the other leveling up stuff, but Travel to Jamaica is on the list for this year, and so it parasailing when I get there. I've even drafted a friend to come on my adventure :o)

I started with my new training routine with my old personal trainer; she kicked my butt in to shape after my second baby. I can't lift heavy by myself as of yet, but soon, very soon muhahaha! :oP I started officially with the weight training Monday January 8th; at 120 lbs and 20.2% body fat. By Saturday I was 117.8 lbs and 19.5% body fat! WHOOT!

This Saturday, January 21st, 115.8 lbs and 19.2% body fat. I feel super happy about the loss of body fat but honestly a little concerned about the weight. Not sure what to do about that except going to scour nerd fitness for how NOT to lose weight doing paleo and still decrease body fat. I was NOT trying to lose weight; and even if I was, that was really fast :dispirited:

That is my story so far...Hi Everyone :o)

Welcome.

Eat more, lift more, add a metabolic conditioning finisher? 0.7 gm/pound desired weight is a minimum level of protein for lifters trying to maintain muscle mass, a lot of people here would say 1 gm/#.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Met con workout is usually a circuit of three movements or so done with a moderate weight with little or no rest between sets, usually for around 15 minutes. If you do it after you lift its called a finisher, it'll deplete whatever energy you have stored. Kettlebells work really well for this, a classic bodyweight one is squats -> push ups -> pull ups. If you ask your trainer, she'll be happy to put the hurt on you.

This guy is trying to sell you an ebook on kettelbell complexes, but the information is good and I've done some of these workouts Kettlebell met con complexes

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log