Hello there.

Just joined in my everlasting quest for fitness and happy health. I came across the site on stumbleupon as a recommendation and after reading nearly everything on the main site I'm very excited to join such a community. I've been a geek all my life, just ask my parents, socially awkward and it hasn't changed in my twenty four years and it probably never will.

I've been a rampant tabletop rpg player for a bit more than three years now, and have been a big gamer long before that. I'm into reading a lot, mostly science fiction/fantasy, love comic books, computers, movies, pirates, and Disney, biiiig fan of Disney.

I started on my first serious quest for weight loss about 3 months ago when a friend of mine got cosmetic surgery to get rid of his excess weight, using it as a spring board to a new healthy lifestyle for himself. To be honest, I have always been an avidly opposed to surgery like that and so I set off on a mission to prove that just because you've been overweight all your life doesn't mean you have to go to drastic measures immediately. That's the motivation that began my efforts, three months later and twenty pounds lighter, now I'm in it for my health and (let's be honest) to look better in a bathing suit.

I live in Florida, have all my life, I've been to the beach/pool maybe three times in my life, I HATE bathing suits now's my chance to get back at them, so to speak. I still hate the sun, and won't swim anymore than I have to, but damn it I want to enjoy the water parks while I can.

Anyway, that's my basic story...Kinda sad when I read it back but it's truth. I'm glad to find a place where I can be a geek and not be looked at as a freak when I speak of Star Wars, D&D or any of the other many things I love far to much to be healthy. xP

Thanks for having me.

Books: There are days when I think drugs would be cheaper.

I live in Florida, have all my life, I've been to the beach/pool maybe three times in my life.

This did make me sad.

Welcome and congratulations on the good start you've made. I'm curious, what's your nutrition/fitness program?

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

This did make me sad.

Welcome and congratulations on the good start you've made. I'm curious, what's your nutrition/fitness program?

Well right now it's low calorie, cutting out most processed foods and just eating my fruits and veggies. As for fitness I walk a lot and jog a bit, trying to get more into it but it's tough around my neighborhood since footing isn't the most stable. I love going to my local park on my days off and walking a few miles so that's what I do most of the time.

I'm glad you found something that works for you. I've always thought walking every day was the best thing you could do for your health, that and eating your fruits and veggies.

BTW I like your sig. Before I had kids I tried to do a budget and found that my biggest discretionary spending was at the bookstore.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I'm glad you found something that works for you. I've always thought walking every day was the best thing you could do for your health, that and eating your fruits and veggies.

BTW I like your sig. Before I had kids I tried to do a budget and found that my biggest discretionary spending was at the bookstore.

Walking is the only exercise I've ever been relatively fond of, and I luckily enjoy fruits and veggies. xP

And yes...The bookstore is my heroin, there are days when it's real bad. xP

Welcome to the Rebellion! I'm also glad that you've found that the incremental training works for you. Also, if you're interested in working out indoors, body weight routines can come in handy for fitness training as well, like the Beginner's Body Weight Guide.

Good luck, and glad you're here! :)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)