Greetings from down under

Hi guys

I've been folowing nerd fitness for a while but I needed more motivation, so I decided to join the forums to get that motivation.

I currently weigh 93kg, and am applying for a position in the Australian Defence Force as an engineering officer in the Army. Cutting to the chase, I need to be much fitter than I am now. Could somone please direct me onto some workouts for upper body strength as well as some workouts to get better at shuttle runs/beep tests.

Otherthings wise I'm still stuck in highschool, about to start year 12 before (Hopefully) going off to ADFA for engineering.

I'm a glider pilot as well, which is also a reason to loose weight, because I'm reaching the maximum weight for a pilot when flying in the two seater gliders.

I thouroughly enjoy hiking, but the hot summer weather is a bit of a restrictor for that, as well as needing some new gear.

I look forward to meeting many of you in the future

-Australian Sloth

Hey to another Aussie.

You are in the right place for support and motivation.

Good Luck with your goals and getting into the ADFA.

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level

American sloth vs Australian sloth down at the range. 12pm 24th Jan EDT

I loathe beep tests mate. Check out the runners guild for that information. They talk about a program called "Couch to 5k" which might help. From memory, even getting to a 20 on the beep test is only 2ish kilometres?

ADFA is a blast man, i've had friends go through there and have loved just about everything about it.

This summer has been ridiculous if you ask me. rains for 2 weeks, then steaming hot for a couple of days... repeat.

We can just blame it on Julia.. or Tony

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger