Bravestarr: Tanktimus Travels to New Texas in the New Year.

After some blahs over the extended break this is the most excited I’ve been about a new challenge ever. I also have a theme, although that’s not what has me so excited. This is going to look familiar, I’ve basically just thrown a new pillowcase on my steady goals and fluffed them a bit. The inspiration for this theme comes from Bravestarr, a cartoon I really liked around kindergarten and first grade (woo hoo child of the 80’s), about a Ranger who goes to the Planet of New Texas as it’s Marshall. Here is the intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaMo4k7iG7s

Bravestarr has four main powers that are going to represent my four standard goals.

Strength of the Bear: 10 lift days during this challenge. This has worked well for me, allows both for some wiggle room and for some bonus points. I have of course dropped the number down to allow for the fact that this is a 4 week challenge instead of 6.

Speed of the Puma: 10 run days during this challenge. Again goals based on consistency work really well for me, so I’m going to stick with it. During the break I ran 5k without stopping for the first time. I thought about focusing on improving my 5k time, but the running app I use requires a subscription for that program. It has a free running for fat loss program that I began using in zero week. That will go well with my goal of getting my waistline down.

Eyes of the Hawk: Cook Paleo with no more than three variances per week. I chose this power for food because I’ll be watching what I eat. The first two weeks of the challenge I will be on a ketogenic diet, with no variances. I want to kick-start my metabolism and the first two weeks of the first challenge of the year is a great time to up the intensity. In the interests of setting myself up to win I will make each successful (as in no variances) keto week worth an extra 2% points each. If Keto proves to be too difficult, I can drop to normal paleo but will not allow myself any variances those first two weeks.  This time around I will be awarding myself bonus points for unused variances in the second two weeks; one percentage point per unused variance. I will not, however, allow myself to use unused variances on later weeks, as that would defeat the purpose. On day one of the challenge I will measure my waist at the navel, and do so again on the Monday after the challenge ends to track progress.

Ears of the Wolf: By process of elimination, this power goes with Domestic Rangering. For Wolfie’s sake I wish I could make the association more epic, but there you go. To get full credit for a week of domestic Rangering I will: Wash fold and put away laundry, clean my bathroom and my kitchen, vacuum the carpet and mop the kitchen floor. The mopping is an addition over what I did last challenge.

30/30: This is BraveStarr’s cyborg horse who can go become bipedal at will. Since 30/30 is flexible with how many limbs he can use to walk  I’m using this for my new mobility goal of foam rolling 2 days/week. I will eventually build on that, and I’m starting small to ensure success. Of course I can do foam rolling more than twice a week, any extra will count as .25% bonus. Like with unused variances, extra sessions from one week may not be used as substitutes in later weeks.

Since this is the first challenge of the year I’ll use this post as a place to list some of my goals for 2016. My 4WC goals will be built with these in mind. For them I will focus on consistency with methods that will get me to my goals.

2016:

• Get board certified by the Association of Professional Chaplains

• Get certified by the International Conference of Police Chaplains

• Get my Waistline down below 36†(as measured at the navel with an actual tape, no vanity sizing).

• Move the combined total of my big three lifts to 700 (Currently at 620)

• Touch my toes in a forward fold

• Like 25

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Whoo hoo! Awesome challenge and right out of the gate! Go Tank!

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Good looking challenge, Tank. I'm excited for 2016 and excited to see you succeed.

Oh, and excited to kick your butt in a face off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Whoo hoo! Awesome challenge and right out of the gate! Go Tank!

Thanks!

Tank, you would be first. 

Love it! Look forward to watching you put the beginning of 2016 in its place. :)

Actually, DJtrippyT was first, barely. I look forward to destroying 2016 as well.

Good looking challenge, Tank. I'm excited for 2016 and excited to see you succeed.

Oh, and excited to kick your butt in a face off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I promise you great satisfaction with the former and bitter, bitter disappointment with the latter.  

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Yes!! You went ahead and did Bravestarr, I love it!

As always, subbed and ready to rock and roll with you Tank!

And no worries about doing "the wolf" goal justice. Domestic Rangering is a necessity my friend and I'm honored for just that much :)

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 5

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Love the theme! Can't wait to see you slay 2016!!

I can't wait till December 31st, when the carcass of 2016 lies broken at my feet, the victim of smite evil channeled through my blade of JUSTICE!

Good goals and I wish you all the luck with your Chaplain certifications. :)

Thank you very much. They're not difficult; the APC one is just a whole lot of work, the ICPC one isn't much work.

If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know.

These are awesome goals, Tank! And way to go on the 5k. That's not small feat! Let's make 2016 freaking awesome.

Thanks! I'm expecting the running for fat loss program will help me on 5k time.

Yes!! You went ahead and did Bravestarr, I love it!

As always, subbed and ready to rock and roll with you Tank!

And no worries about doing "the wolf" goal justice. Domestic Rangering is a necessity my friend and I'm honored for just that much :)

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

How could I do something called "Ears of the Wolf" and not think of you my friend?

Great goals, great theme, and kicking butt with a 5k!

• Like 6

Current Challenge

What a coincidence ! Yesterday i just watched this intro on youtube. Also an 80's child here (from '80 actually). So i just love this theme. The speed of the puma is gonna help you so much with your running, as i kid i was certain this helped me! Only thing i found missing from the opening post was the love for "Sarah Jane" as a means to an end:

bravestarr3030.jpg

Have a great challenge Tank!

• Like 6

... a little odd in the head ...

There's a theme here?  I'm so confused...

I'll just leave this here then.

PaladinsLawfulGoodNotLawfulNice.jpg

• Like 7

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Oh yes, Bravestar! Awesome theme. I loved his horse, he was so badass!!

Love how your goals fit in with the character traits. Great job as always.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

woot! can't wait to see those progress bars shoot off the page again!

• Like 1
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Subbing :) your motivation is always inspiring!

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Whoa... A theme?!  I'm always impressed by how you keep your goals simple and consistent, and then you proceed to destroy them.  Go forth and fill those progress bars!

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Tank.

I think you're the first across the boards to be on page 2 already.

PAGE TWO.

Shocked-animated-Rowan_Atkison-a-shocked

Yes excellent very good!!!

I'm seeing a LOT of domestic-related quests from a lot of people this go-around... me too, haha.  New year = cleaning and purging time?

Looking forward to seeing you level up and eventually become UltraMEgaEpicMechaPaladinCleric!

• Like 6

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

I'm looking forward to this, you've got some great goals & planning!

Thanks, experience is a good teacher.

Those goals look great, you're gonna kick some serious butt! c:

I plan on it.

What a coincidence ! Yesterday i just watched this intro on youtube. Also an 80's child here (from '80 actually). So i just love this theme. The speed of the puma is gonna help you so much with your running, as i kid i was certain this helped me! Only thing i found missing from the opening post was the love for "Sarah Jane" as a means to an end:

bravestarr3030.jpg

Have a great challenge Tank!

I hadn't thought about it, but Sarah Jane may yet make an appearance.

Wow, a themed Tank challenge! You know it's all uphill from her, you're going to be writing novellas and designing complex formulaic boss fights before long ! [emoji12]

"I knew he was bluffing"

Maybe, but that's Future Tank's problem ;)

There's a theme here?  I'm so confused...

I'll just leave this here then.

PaladinsLawfulGoodNotLawfulNice.jpg

Oorah! Themes are nice every once in a while, its nice to have a new way to write about the same goals.

Bravestarr! Woot! Woot! That brought back good memories. Subbing to watch and learn. :loyal:

I'm glad others remember this cartoon.

• Like 5

Current Challenge