Is everyone here taking Accounting?!?!

Nooooope. Intercultural Communication for me. Very few numbers happening here.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I just realized I never introduced myself

come to think of it... neither did I.

Lady Hawk flying in from the North. I've spent the last 10+ years in administration and though I enjoy it, feeling the need to branch out a bit more. Have been involved in a lot of Project Management in varying degrees and completed all the preliminary requirements. Now just need to study for the immense test and complete the application to take the test. That's where you all come in! 

Is everyone here taking Accounting?!?!

Not for me... Project Management Professional (PMP) studying in this corner

• Like 4

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

come to think of it... neither did I.

Nor I really. I'm Jess and I'm from the UK. I study Japanese and Creative writing and this will be my first challenge. I look forward to us hanging out and getting fitter together.

I had my first day back after the Christmas period today. Wasn't too bad but I've got Japanese class this afternoon and I'm dreading it.

How is everyone else coping with going back to reality after the holidays? 

• Like 2

Battle log: Alias Investigations

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

I didn't introduce myself either! Gah!

Fayrn, 23, Vet. Tech Graduate now aspiring business owner. I study at home, by myself, out of textbooks or (soon) mooching off of my husbands classes. Due to money constraints and my current goals and my current job, I'm unable to learn from a traditional classroom setting, where I would normally excel. So I'm hoping this group will help me stay on track. I have a 2-day Japanese learning streak so that's great.

• Like 3

Fayrn

Mermaid Assassin Lv 7

| STR 9.75 | DEX 10.5 | STA 13.5 | CON 15 | WIS 11.75 | CHA 14.25 |

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: {1st}{2nd}{3rd}{4th}{5th}{6th}

Character Profile

Books Read

20.94%

20.94%

Money Saved

25%

25%

Oh! Introductions. Oops, 

I am Syren, 28, Marine Biologist and Laboratory Instructor. I use Duolingo to help me do my Spanish Learning and a couple of grammar books (when I lose patience with the internet). For R, I use DataCamp which also started a Python tutorial that may come in handy later. I can usually learn in any medium, I am just insanely lazy or busy feeling and do not prioritize studying like I should. I occasionally need a kick or extra motivation to get certain things done.

• Like 3

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

I need to make a study plan... actually sit down and write out what it is I'm going to do so that I can hold myself to some sort of a timeline. This loose "getting there" answer is not working out. By stating that here means I actually have to produce something now! 

post-30966-Jim-Carrey-furiously-typing-o

• Like 3

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

That image is me! :P

And yep, introductions. I'm Panda, currently doing my Alevels, of Maths, F Maths, Physics, Dt, and RS. Bit of an eclectic mix, but I'm struggling with the maths the most, right now. However, its the basics, the Core stuff which I'm finding the most difficult. Strange.

• Like 2

Panda  

Hobbit | Drifter | Level 3

STR 6 | DEX 5 | STA 2 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 2

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Training | Challenge 1 2 3 4 | Epic Quest

I need to make a study plan... actually sit down and write out what it is I'm going to do so that I can hold myself to some sort of a timeline. This loose "getting there" answer is not working out. By stating that here means I actually have to produce something now! 

post-30966-Jim-Carrey-furiously-typing-o

This is going to be me this week while I play catch up. Argh. 

Duolingo is my favorite thing evar! Except I've been slacking. I currently have it yelling at me about Norwegian, French, Irish, Turkish, Spanish, and German. And I just added Russian but haven't started it. If they ever add Arabic for English speakers (or maybe French, but unlikely) you'll never see me again. (eta: I just signed up to be notified when they finish Hebrew, Greek, and Welsh. I'm sure they'll take forever, but still.)

For everyone learning languages, there's a thread for Duolingo buddies and one for language exchanges. (Add me on Duo! I'm fleaball there too.)

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hey fellow academic slackers! 

There's a theme of procrastination on this thread that I identify with strongly. I'm in my last term of my MS in Environmental Engineering and all I have to do is write my thesis, defend it, and take one more class. That's all. And yet self-doubt casts a pall over what should be a delightfully scholarly, celebratory month. Well, self-doubt and my advisor telling me a.) I don't have enough data to defend and b.) I need to get a draft done in 2 weeks. These tasks may seem mutually exclusive to mere mortals, but I apparently have academic superpowers and don't require sleep.

But thank god there is finally a place where I can talk openly about R scripting.

Wait, what am I doing here? I should be writing...

• Like 4

Level 2 Gnome Ranger

STR 1.25 | DEX 0.5 | STA 2 | CON 2.75 | WIS 2.5 | CHA 2

Challenge #1

"Those dark cliffs looming ahead – that is the height of your achievement." - Bruce Sterling

So for my Stats paper I need a 67 and for the paper I'm trying to get done by Sunday I need a 63 to get Bs in those classes. What the hell is taking me so long?! D: (Also how does math even work because I need a 63 for a B and a 91 for an A in the second class?) I'll probably get an A in Stats regardless, but as one of the second years in my program told me: Bs get degrees!

As for my other two papers, we got an email that that prof was having a "personal emergency" a week after the semester ended. He's ancient, was kinda sick all semester, and was hospitalized with pneumonia the week of Thanksgiving. I hope he's okay. But I can't help but wonder what happens if he can't come back to school this semester. (Or worse.) Like, do I get graded based on the two exams I took? Or will someone else read and grade my papers, at which point I run the risk of doing badly just because they'd be looking for something different/have a different style? @_@

Shut up, anxiety. I have things to do.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

hermione-granger-hand-raise-gif-2.gif

Hey!!  I'm late to the game, but I want to join in again this go around.  

I'm studying accounting currently but I'm thinking of switching to a computer course.  Either way, my next semester begins Monday.  So, I guess I better decide quickly.

• Like 4

Hey!!  I'm late to the game, but I want to join in again this go around.  

I'm studying accounting currently but I'm thinking of switching to a computer course.  Either way, my next semester begins Monday.  So, I guess I better decide quickly.

Accounting? One of us...

• Like 3

Tink the Friendly Ogre

Ogre | Level 0

| STR 0 | DEX | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

MAIN QUEST - Weigh below 300 lbs by June 1st (1.6 lbs per week)

GOAL 1 - Track all calories in MyFitnessPal|GOAL 2 - In bed by 11PM, out of bed by 7 AM|GOAL 3 - No more Soda!!

SIDE QUEST - Put an extra $100 towards debt.

Keep me Accountable! Add me on Facebook|MyFitnessPal Send me a PM first though!

My NF CharacterEpic Quest | Challenge 1

Would like to join also :)

Hi I'm Schaengel, 25 from Germany and after finishing my event management education now in my 4th Semester (I don't know how to "translate" that) in Business Administration.

And I have 5 exams starting next monday :nightmare: so of course I hang around this forum for ours and started the 5ths season of Community while feeling bad because I could do some more preparation for my Procurement and Marketing courses XD.

• Like 4

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

Would like to join also :)

Hi I'm Schaengel, 25 from Germany and after finishing my event management education now in my 4th Semester (I don't know how to "translate" that) in Business Administration.

And I have 5 exams starting next monday :nightmare: so of course I hang around this forum for ours and started the 5ths season of Community while feeling bad because I could do some more preparation for my Procurement and Marketing courses XD.

You sound just like me! You'll fit in fine around here. ;) 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I made a spreadsheet mostly because I was in the process of finding everyone's challenge thread and thought, while I'm following everyone, might as well make a spreadsheet, because organization is my thing. Can use it for due dates if you want :)

• Like 3

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

So for my Stats paper I need a 67 and for the paper I'm trying to get done by Sunday I need a 63 to get Bs in those classes. What the hell is taking me so long?! D: (Also how does math even work because I need a 63 for a B and a 91 for an A in the second class?) I'll probably get an A in Stats regardless, but as one of the second years in my program told me: Bs get degrees!

As for my other two papers, we got an email that that prof was having a "personal emergency" a week after the semester ended. He's ancient, was kinda sick all semester, and was hospitalized with pneumonia the week of Thanksgiving. I hope he's okay. But I can't help but wonder what happens if he can't come back to school this semester. (Or worse.) Like, do I get graded based on the two exams I took? Or will someone else read and grade my papers, at which point I run the risk of doing badly just because they'd be looking for something different/have a different style? @_@

Shut up, anxiety. I have things to do.

Percentages -- Your papers are probably not worth so much to the overall accounting of your grade. If you start out mediocre, the harder it is to excel. The worse you start out, the better you have a chance to do better. If you generally excel at the beginning, you will usually stay at excellent. It takes intro bio students a while to figure that out, but we all hate math too, thus the "I'm going to go play with critters" initial mentality until crushed by the fact that yes, we have to take calculus.

Sorry, I am channeling the angst of students and memories.

If your prof is unable to grade your papers him/herself, generally that duty falls to the TA. If they do not have a TA, it could go to a colleague, but I cannot imagine anyone in academia actually taking the time to do something for another person. (I'm a little jaded). In which case, your paper(s) may remain in ungraded limbo until you graduate and the registrar's office insists that you haven't taken the class. (Again, I'm a little jaded).

• Like 1

I made a spreadsheet mostly because I was in the process of finding everyone's challenge thread and thought, while I'm following everyone, might as well make a spreadsheet, because organization is my thing. Can use it for due dates if you want :)

Syren this is great thank you! My study things are not on my challenge thread, but are goals on my Epic Quest page. So this will really help!

Fayrn

Mermaid Assassin Lv 7

Current Challenge

Character Profile

Books Read

20.94%

20.94%

Money Saved

25%

25%

I made a spreadsheet mostly because I was in the process of finding everyone's challenge thread and thought, while I'm following everyone, might as well make a spreadsheet, because organization is my thing. Can use it for due dates if you want :)

Syren this is great thank you! My study things are not on my challenge thread, but are goals on my Epic Quest page. So this will really help!

Fayrn

Mermaid Assassin Lv 7

Current Challenge

Character Profile

Books Read

20.94%

20.94%

Money Saved

25%

25%

My first class of the spring semester starts tomorrow! Yay for Biology on Saturdays! I just spent $200 on a lab manual for this class because my school decided they needed their own branded book and lab manual that you couldn't buy for cheap online...ugh.

So this is my last semester at community college and I'll be getting an Associates Degree. I will be starting university for my Bachelors this fall. Would it be tacky if I went to the graduation ceremony for my Associates?

• Like 3

Tink the Friendly Ogre

Ogre | Level 0

| STR 0 | DEX | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

MAIN QUEST - Weigh below 300 lbs by June 1st (1.6 lbs per week)

GOAL 1 - Track all calories in MyFitnessPal|GOAL 2 - In bed by 11PM, out of bed by 7 AM|GOAL 3 - No more Soda!!

SIDE QUEST - Put an extra $100 towards debt.

Keep me Accountable! Add me on Facebook|MyFitnessPal Send me a PM first though!

My NF CharacterEpic Quest | Challenge 1

Percentages -- Your papers are probably not worth so much to the overall accounting of your grade. If you start out mediocre, the harder it is to excel. The worse you start out, the better you have a chance to do better. If you generally excel at the beginning, you will usually stay at excellent. It takes intro bio students a while to figure that out, but we all hate math too, thus the "I'm going to go play with critters" initial mentality until crushed by the fact that yes, we have to take calculus.

Sorry, I am channeling the angst of students and memories.

If your prof is unable to grade your papers him/herself, generally that duty falls to the TA. If they do not have a TA, it could go to a colleague, but I cannot imagine anyone in academia actually taking the time to do something for another person. (I'm a little jaded). In which case, your paper(s) may remain in ungraded limbo until you graduate and the registrar's office insists that you haven't taken the class. (Again, I'm a little jaded).

That makes sense, but math is still evil. When I switched my major from forensic chemistry to French, it took me 0.2 seconds to drop Calc 2. It was immensely satisfying. It just seems so weird that anything between 63-90 gets me a B in this one class. @_@ 

It looks like my prof is probably back now. I think. So I should probably start those papers. But I'm sorry it sounds like your school screwed you over!

My first class of the spring semester starts tomorrow! Yay for Biology on Saturdays! I just spent $200 on a lab manual for this class because my school decided they needed their own branded book and lab manual that you couldn't buy for cheap online...ugh.

So this is my last semester at community college and I'll be getting an Associates Degree. I will be starting university for my Bachelors this fall. Would it be tacky if I went to the graduation ceremony for my Associates?

A) Gross, expensive books and Saturday classes! B.) Dude, no. If you want to go to the ceremony you go. You earned it.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

It looks like my prof is probably back now. I think. So I should probably start those papers. But I'm sorry it sounds like your school screwed you over!

Happened to a friend of mine, unfortunately. The paperwork was a nightmare. I got screwed in other ways.