tumblr_n0dxune0Ya1tp1x55o1_500.gif

Hey!  You are already kicking ass over here.  I hope the headaches are gone!  And I can't wait to keep hearing about your new adventures in whole 30 and capoeira!

Headaches seem to have gone, for the moment. However, cravings are slowly creeping up in their place...

9dd042e84b167d60aac328b1e9216029.gif

Hope you don't mind me following along, I'm doing a W30 this challenge as well!  I loveLOVElove your theme - so much Toothless!!!  Squeeeee!!

g2R6OCJ_zpsghlihkhq.gif

Glad to have you aboard! WHOLE30 SUPPORT TEAM EN ROUTE TO YOUR CHALLENGE THREAD. :D

• Like 2

I don't have a sugar dragon so much as a white bread/carb dragon. I'd rather have crackers and bread over sugar. 

I've tried to kill mine by subbing in healthier options. For example, I don't like wheat bread except for this one recipe that I have to make myself. So I bake bread once a week! It works most of the time since that's all that's in my house. Tortillas for tacos or quesadillas are a bit of a struggle though. One day I might try whole30 just to see how I react.

Congrats on everything going so well! I'm excited to see how your challenge goes :)

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge: Jedi Becomes a Hero Vol. 2 - Jedi Gets Some Tutoring

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

You can doo eet! Just keep sticking to the plan, Ranger your way through the adversity, and arise victorious making rude hand gestures at your enemies.

tumblr_n4ue2axLpC1qcga5ro1_500_zps6uusak

I don't have a sugar dragon so much as a white bread/carb dragon. I'd rather have crackers and bread over sugar. 

I've tried to kill mine by subbing in healthier options. For example, I don't like wheat bread except for this one recipe that I have to make myself. So I bake bread once a week! It works most of the time since that's all that's in my house. Tortillas for tacos or quesadillas are a bit of a struggle though. One day I might try whole30 just to see how I react.

Congrats on everything going so well! I'm excited to see how your challenge goes :)

Tortillas. Pasta. Donuts. Cake. French toast. Cookies. My Sugar Dragon craves everything carb-based and only gets worse after one bite. It's awesome that making your own helps limit your consumption though. 

Also, I believe I spoke too soon about them headaches...

tumblr_mxf14pt7hf1sfs7lqo1_400_zpsqouset

...though, that might be from a poor night's sleep too.

• Like 1

tumblr_n4ue2axLpC1qcga5ro1_500_zps6uusak

Tortillas. Pasta. Donuts. Cake. French toast. Cookies. My Sugar Dragon craves everything carb-based and only gets worse after one bite. It's awesome that making your own helps limit your consumption though. 

Also, I believe I spoke too soon about them headaches...

tumblr_mxf14pt7hf1sfs7lqo1_400_zpsqouset

...though, that might be from a poor night's sleep too.

The sugar dragon struggle is real. I'm still working on how to help mine. So far I'm trying moderation and healthier options and it does usually help, I'm still trying to figure things out though.

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge: Jedi Becomes a Hero Vol. 2 - Jedi Gets Some Tutoring

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

The sugar dragon struggle is real. I'm still working on how to help mine. So far I'm trying moderation and healthier options and it does usually help, I'm still trying to figure things out though.

Sounds like they're working pretty well for you. I'm only doing this approach because moderation and a small changes over time don't work well for me. Figuring it out is a work in progress! :)

• Like 1

gah, the headaches, and cravings, and general nastiness... they go away after a week or two. In the meantime, yuck. Ãœber-kudos to you for facing the sugar dragon head-on! Subb'd!

Toothless-and-fish-how-to-train-your-dra

I actually had a dream last night that involved a family gathering and me stressing about eating tons of sugar. I was watching plates of cookies come in and dreading having to say no. It was more of a nightmare, really. I guess that's what I get for cleaning the cookie platters Saturday afternoon. They came back to haunt me! 

• Like 2

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Hope you're feeling better soon.  Detox sucks.  The headaches, ugh.

200_zpsgspg2pku.gif

Should be over soon.

gah, the headaches, and cravings, and general nastiness... they go away after a week or two. In the meantime, yuck. Ãœber-kudos to you for facing the sugar dragon head-on! Subb'd!

Toothless-and-fish-how-to-train-your-dra

I actually had a dream last night that involved a family gathering and me stressing about eating tons of sugar. I was watching plates of cookies come in and dreading having to say no. It was more of a nightmare, really. I guess that's what I get for cleaning the cookie platters Saturday afternoon. They came back to haunt me! 

That sounds terrifying. I have yet to have my nightmare of eating contraband; I hate those, since I always wake up feeling like I failed horribly, then have to remember that it didn't actually happen. >.<

Challenge Update 1.2

Whole30 Day 5 - COMPLETE
Meal 1 - COMPLIANT
Meal 2 - COMPLIANT
Meal 3 - COMPLIANT
Extra Meal - COMPLIANT (emergency stash)
No Dessert - CHECK
Followed Plan - CHECK

I very much had a stressed brain today. Didn’t sleep well due to being wired from class on top of a possible muscle strain pain. Breakfast was quick and simple; glad I pre-made food for these occasions. Lunch was easy; a warm bowl of stew is super comforting, especially now that it’s finally COLD where I live. However, since breakfast wasn’t as big as I needed, I ended up having the beef & veggie bar out of my emergency kit a few hours before lunch. Muscle pain stayed with me most of the day, and the exhaustion got worse.

To say I was tired and cranky when I got home is an understatement. While not part of the official plan (until now), I’ve developed a habit of making dinner super special when I arrive home in such a state. Steak came with two sides and topped with mushrooms and onions (for me, anyway). Really helped ease the stress, as I like cooking, but the headache was back in full swing, and all I wanted to do was go to bed after dinner at 7pm. If we hadn’t needed to get anti-freeze for my car, I would have.

But I got through and opted to adjust my alarm setting for the next morning so I could get more restful sleep.

tumblr_miabw9fwC71qep75mo2_r1_500_zpsvl6

• Like 7

That sounds terrifying. I have yet to have my nightmare of eating contraband; I hate those, since I always wake up feeling like I failed horribly, then have to remember that it didn't actually happen. >.<

I had tons of those dreams during my first Whole30 - they're so stressful!  Haven't had any yet this round, but it's only day 4 so I'm sure they're coming...

Nice job getting through the headaches and detox yesterday.  Your dinner sounds incredibly delicious.  I love the idea of rewarding yourself by taking extra time and care to prepare something that tastes and feels good.  Hope the extra sleep helps today!

• Like 1

Level 13 Ravenclaw Rebel

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 12 | 13 | 13.5

2022 CHALLENGES: 14 | 15

Ugh, I hope that stops soon for you.  Sounds like you're doing good though!  Just have to survive the detox portion.

It's getting progressively better. Almost out of the detox...

I had tons of those dreams during my first Whole30 - they're so stressful!  Haven't had any yet this round, but it's only day 4 so I'm sure they're coming...

Nice job getting through the headaches and detox yesterday.  Your dinner sounds incredibly delicious.  I love the idea of rewarding yourself by taking extra time and care to prepare something that tastes and feels good.  Hope the extra sleep helps today!

That habit appeared out of nowhere. One day on a previous Whole30, I found myself at home exhausted, severely irritated, with a headache, nothing to eat or cook, and the husband kept answering with the "I don't know/I don't care" which added to the irritation. I left the house in frustration, but instead of at a fast food joint, I found myself at the grocery store, wandering the produce and protein section, trying to come up with a simple but special spread. Since then, I've kept that tendency, and it's really helped out in those awfully tough situations.

Steak is turning into a comfort food. >.<

Look at you, having a stressful, difficult day and you were compliant and complete on all your goals. Just imagine what you'll be capable of once you ranger through the detox.

I shall summon the power of the Alpha!

tumblr_n7bodxA0rw1r0n08ho2_500_zps9u7gas

Here, have some dragons (and feel better!  

happytoothless.gif

tumblr_inline_nsn10pljRi1sqrz8c_500.gif

689b2cd5648f4bdc75b6fa28e9161178.jpg

YAY!!! :)

• Like 4

Challenge Update 1.3

Whole30 Day 6 - COMPLETE
Meal 1 - COMPLIANT
Meal 2 - COMPLIANT
Meal 3 - COMPLIANT
Extra Meal - Not Needed
No Dessert - CHECK
Followed Plan - Not Needed

Breakfast was a bit of a struggle at first, but that was mainly due to the lazies (not wanting to get up to cook and eat). Got it done, either way. Still getting the exhaustion and brain fog in the afternoons though, but no headache for the most part. Dinner was yet another salad attempt. Added some roasted pumpkin seeds for a salty crunchy addition, which helped.

Cravings are still being quite manageable. Making sure I eat as soon as I get hungry or have something to snack on if I can’t get food in time has made a huge difference in the appearance of cravings, me thinks. Letting myself get too hungry is usually what sets me up for unhealthy decisions.

Must remember how this feels, as Day 10/11 approaches...

• Like 6

Way to go Ski! Just keep hacking away at the Whole30. I'm glad there was no headache for the most part.. Maybe you need more good fats in our diet to help with the brain fog ordeal? Pumpkin seeds are great, but also try avocado, coconut oil, olives, olive oil (salad), and other types on nuts like cashews, Brazil nuts and pistachios. You might be able to play around with bulletproof tea/coffee as well.

And I agree- too much time in between getting hungry is not a good place to be... You got this, Ski!! The first week is always the hardest :)

Wolf

"Let the Broomstick do the talking."

• Like 3

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Way to go Ski! Just keep hacking away at the Whole30. I'm glad there was no headache for the most part.. Maybe you need more good fats in our diet to help with the brain fog ordeal? Pumpkin seeds are great, but also try avocado, coconut oil, olives, olive oil (salad), and other types on nuts like cashews, Brazil nuts and pistachios. You might be able to play around with bulletproof tea/coffee as well.

And I agree- too much time in between getting hungry is not a good place to be... You got this, Ski!! The first week is always the hardest :)

Wolf

"Let the Broomstick do the talking."

Thanks for that advice, Wolf! Now that you mention it, lunch is actually the meal I've been lacking in fat, which is where the brain fog hits. Breakfast and dinner are easy enough for me to add more fat to (which I've been doing), but lunch is definitely missing some added fat (not much to be found in my beef stew). I brought some coconut chips and more pumpkin seeds with me to work today. Hoping it helps! :)

• Like 4

Thanks for that advice, Wolf! Now that you mention it, lunch is actually the meal I've been lacking in fat, which is where the brain fog hits. Breakfast and dinner are easy enough for me to add more fat to (which I've been doing), but lunch is definitely missing some added fat (not much to be found in my beef stew). I brought some coconut chips and more pumpkin seeds with me to work today. Hoping it helps! :)

Yep - I tend to hit heavy with healthy fats first thing in the morning because it staves off the brain fog that I typically get in the morning.  Hope that adding it in at lunch helps for you!

Also I totally approve of steak as comfort food!  

• Like 3

Level 13 Ravenclaw Rebel

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 12 | 13 | 13.5

2022 CHALLENGES: 14 | 15

Yep - I tend to hit heavy with healthy fats first thing in the morning because it staves off the brain fog that I typically get in the morning.  Hope that adding it in at lunch helps for you!

Also I totally approve of steak as comfort food!  

I don't think I added enough; it's not as bad as it usually is, but it's still there. Need to step up my fat game at lunch. 

Steak becoming a comfort food was kind of an accident. The husband and I tried our hardest to figure out how to make it tasty without sauce or marinades or anything. Turns out Mel Joulwan in her Well Fed 2 book had the solution: starch and salt. We rub the steaks with arrowroot starch, salt, and whatever seasonings, let them sit out for at least ten minutes, then cook them. They've been heavenly ever since, but it's something so tasty, satisfying, satiating, and simple that it's kind of a go-to.

• Like 6