• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

LEVEL 1 SUGGESTED CHALLENGE QUESTS

Hi All -->

Just starting out or looking to respawn and need help putting together your challenge? The NerdFitness team met and put together your challenge for you.

This is what we suggest you do for your challenge based off what we have seen work for other rebels in the past. A lot of these may seem like small quests, but they're not! The goal here is to start creating habits and build momentum.

Feel free to copy and paste and use for your own challenge (make sure to follow the 'pick 1' or 'pick 2' directions! don't do all of them!)  Use as much or as little from this as you'd like.

SAMPLE LEVEL 1 REBEL CHALLENGE:

Diet (pick two)

• Swap out one soda per day with water
  • Eat a vegetable with one meal every day
  • Reduce fast food consumption by 50%
  • Take one processed snack you have each day and replace it with a healthy protein, fruit, or vegetable
  • Substitute one sugary coffee drink per day for black coffee or tea.

Fitness (pick one)

• Walk every day (5 minutes) - this could even be in the form of standing up at your desk and walking around the office.
  • Complete the NF bodyweight workout at least 1x a week
  • Participate an active social game, like frisbee or kickball, at least once a week (preferably with your family or friends who are also trying to get started!)

Level Up Your Life (Pick One)

• Put $1 in a jar (or savings) every day
  • Notorious for being late? Start with making Mondays special - on Mondays you are never late for anything.
  • 5 minutes meditation daily
  • Say one positive thing to yourself each morning when you look in the mirror
  • Have troubles keeping the kitchen clean? Clean for 2 minutes each night before bed or first thing in the morning (when you're waiting for your coffee to brew, maybe?). Focus on one small area and keeping that one clean, and then once you're good at that one, start to expand it.
  • Floss at least 15 seconds each day
  • Reduce caffeine consumption by 50%
  • Make small talk with at least one person each week (or day!) you wouldn't normally (could be on your commute, at work, in line at the grocery store)
  • Have a 5 minute dance party each day
  • Go to bed 10 minutes earlier each week
  • Like 41

I'm a newbie.

For my first quest I have chosen:

Diet

Eat a vegetable with at least one meal each day.

Eat a fresh fruit at least once a day

Fitness:

5 Minute walk each day in addition to walking the dog

Level Up My Life:

10 minutes of meditation daily

Starting today...wish me luck.

Stephen

• Like 3

I'm a newbie.

For my first quest I have chosen:

Diet

Eat a vegetable with at least one meal each day.

Eat a fresh fruit at least once a day

Fitness:

5 Minute walk each day in addition to walking the dog

Level Up My Life:

10 minutes of meditation daily

Starting today...wish me luck.

Stephen

Welcome to the Rebellion, Stephen! These look like awesome goals for a first challenge. More freggies are always a good choice ;) Why don't you head over to the Rebels' sub-forum and post your challenge there, more people will see it and support you that way :)

Okay, another newbie here, but one who has been regularly reading your blogs!

So, I am going to give this my best shot!

On my diet - I don't drink sodas, I only have one (rarely finish it) cup of coffee on a work day, I already eat a banana every morning, and I don't eat fast food - UGH!! However, I think I might try giving up bread..... which is very difficult!

For my fitness - I think I can definitely do five minutes a day.... and I have a brand new fitbit!

For leveling up my life, I kind of already started on Jan 1 - by making my bed every day before I leave for work.

I think that ought to do it for now.

This is definitely a challenge for me as I have become Sooooooo lazy! But you've encouraged me with your "no resolution" blog today!!

Cheers!

Susan

Okay, I thought I posted this and didn't see it, so if you see it twice, that's because I am a newbie.

I am choosing to:

1) Swap out one cup of black coffee for two pints of water each day.  I drink about 5-6 cups of black coffee a day and not enough water.

2) Walk five minutes a day. (More if possible because I joined the Hogwarts Running Club!)

3) Try to do some activity with my son, who is only 14 and joining me in the challenges.

Good luck everyone!  I am cheering for you!

Okay, another newbie here, but one who has been regularly reading your blogs!

Okay, I thought I posted this and didn't see it, so if you see it twice, that's because I am a newbie.

Welcome to both of you, too! Glad you made it over to the rebellion to start 2016 off with a bang :D

You'll get best results if you create a whole new thread for your challenge only in the Rebels' forum though. That way, people can follow you and everything is nice and tidy :)

Feel free to copy and paste and use for your own challenge (make sure to follow the 'pick 1' or 'pick 2' directions! don't do all of them!)  Use as much or as little from this as you'd like.

Hey spezzy (happy new year!), can you add a link up there to the Rebels' place? Looks like some people get confused with where their challenge is supposed to go :) Thanks!

Oh thank you! This is exactly what I need to get the fire started while I ponder my bigger goals. Now can I get someone to remind me about this every morning? LOL

Diet

• Limit take-out meals to one per week.
  • Drink at least 6 cups of water a day.

Fitness

• Use my stand-up desk at work for at least 3 hours a day.
  • Complete the NF bodyweight workout 3x a week

Level Up My Life

• Stop wasting time -- limit time on Facebook and social media to no more than 20 minutes per day.
  • Call my best friend at least once a week. See her at least once a month.
  • Like 1

Hi! A little late to the party here but I have been working on a bunch of goals. For this challenge: 

1- At least three portions of fruit and veg a day (with at least two being veg)

2- At least one, preferably two sessions of gym work per week 

3- Clean ALL of my dirty dishes before bed each night (Stop relying on the dishwasher!) 

Wish me luck! 
:joyous:

• Like 1

Diet: No fake sugars (natural sugars like fresh fruit are okay, right?).

Reduce carb intake by 50%.

More water intake.

Fitness: Dumbbell curls (15lbs 15x4 3 times a week)

Ten minute run 2 times a week (when I can't run I'll jog. But I'll stick to it and get up to twn minutes of non stop running).

LUL: Brush, floss and wash face. At LEAST once a day. When I make it havit bump it up to twice! I know I'm gross right :/ But I'm changing!

• Like 1

Respawing and taking up the level 1 challenge

So here it goes

Diet remove processed snacks from meals and replace with fruit

Fitness NF bodyweight workout once a week gym time at least once a week

Level up Life put £1 into savings everyday and focus on keeping 1 area clean and tidy (bedroom)

• Like 1

Level 1 Rebel Challenge:

Diet

Swap Out 1 Soda/Day with Water

-  I've managed to reduce soda consumption to 1/day and drink lots of water, but also 1 electrolyte substitute so I don't overdo the water!

Eat a Veggy w/One Meal Every Day

-  Managed to up this to 1 salad with NO CRUTONS (le gasp) every day!

Fitness

Complete the NF bodyweight workout at least 1x/week

-  Gotta search and do this!

Level Up Your Life

Put $1 in a jar/savings every day

- Opened up a bank account and am having 150.00 deducted out of every paycheck (get paid weekly) for my "Vacation Account!"

SEE YA AT CAMP!

• Like 2

Hi,

I've just joined, so here is my quest starting point. Wish me luck!!

Diet

I generally eat well (no fizzy drinks, lots of fruit n veg, etc), but I eat too much, so my goal is to eat one snack less per day

Fitness

- do 10 minutes of yoga 3 times a week (in addition to the two daily dog walks)

Level Up Your Life

- do 10 minutes meditation each day

Karen

Hi,

I've just joined, so here is my quest starting point. Wish me luck!!

Diet

I generally eat well (no fizzy drinks, lots of fruit n veg, etc), but I eat too much, so my goal is to eat one snack less per day

Fitness

- do 10 minutes of yoga 3 times a week (in addition to the two daily dog walks)

Level Up Your Life

- do 10 minutes meditation each day

Karen

Welcome, Karen! You might want to head over to the Rebel's place and create your own thread there, so other people will see it and be able to cheer you on. This post is just for ideas, not for our actual challenge. Have fun!

so.... if all the diet and fitness things listed here are things I've already incorporated into my life at some point in the past, does that mean I shouldn't even start out as a rebel? if so, when picking which thing to be, do I go with what I've done the most of in my life, or what I'd like to do in the future? I find it all very confusing. I'm new to this site which suggests rebel, I like long walks and hikes which suggests adventurer, I do a lot of bodyweight stuff currently which suggests assassin, I like yoga and nature which suggests druid, but I want to start to get into heavy lifting which I think maybe suggests warrior? what am I?! 

so.... if all the diet and fitness things listed here are things I've already incorporated into my life at some point in the past, does that mean I shouldn't even start out as a rebel? if so, when picking which thing to be, do I go with what I've done the most of in my life, or what I'd like to do in the future? I find it all very confusing. I'm new to this site which suggests rebel, I like long walks and hikes which suggests adventurer, I do a lot of bodyweight stuff currently which suggests assassin, I like yoga and nature which suggests druid, but I want to start to get into heavy lifting which I think maybe suggests warrior? what am I?!

When you haven't participated in the challenges yet, you post your first challenge into the Rebels.

During your first challenge you can check peak at the guilds. Post into their chat threads and find out, where you would like to go. Or you chose guilds depending on your focus. So if you want to focus on yoga for your second challenge, you would join the Druids. And don't worry to much about this decision. You can always join another guild for the following challenge.

I hope you have fun during your first challenge. ;)

When you haven't participated in the challenges yet, you post your first challenge into the Rebels.

During your first challenge you can check peak at the guilds. Post into their chat threads and find out, where you would like to go. Or you chose guilds depending on your focus. So if you want to focus on yoga for your second challenge, you would join the Druids. And don't worry to much about this decision. You can always join another guild for the following challenge.

I hope you have fun during your first challenge. ;)

so.... should I just post in the rebels area saying I've already done everything on the list of suggestions for the rebel challenge? what's the point? I don't get it :(

Hello! I’m definitely a newbie here (I think I might have posted my challenges in the wrong spot earlier, so I hope this is where I need to be!) but I think I’m finally learning the layout of this site. My first set of challenges for this quest are as follows; 

Diet

Switch out one processed snack for something healthy and clean

Eat a vegetable with every meal

Fitness

Complete an NF bodyweight workout once a week.

Life goal

Meditate for five minutes  everyday

The stuff on that list are just examples. If have done them all already, you should come up with new ones that suit your goals.

well the thing is, I want to start doing heavy lifting next, which I don't think exactly puts me in the rebel camp.

well the thing is, I want to start doing heavy lifting next, which I don't think exactly puts me in the rebel camp.

I don't see why not. I wasn't new to Fitness when I joined and one of my 1st challenge quests was attending Crossfit 4x/week + start muay thai.

I think you are overthinking this. Pick two diet quest and one fitness related and create your thread. You will learn more about this community and the challenges as you go.

The Rebel guild is for people who are completing their first challenge (not necessarily new to fitness, just new to Nerd Fitness challenges) or who haven't picked a guild or don't feel like they fit into any of the other guilds. While there are fitness newbies in there, it is not a newbie-only guild. If you're worried about connecting with people with similar goals, be sure to make use of tags, either occupation/class tags or goal-related tags. For example, you might want to include "lifting" or "powerlifting" tags on your challenge post so that others with lifting goals kind find your thread more easily, and you can also search those tags for people whose challenges you might want to follow.

• Like 4