• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

LEVEL 1 SUGGESTED CHALLENGE QUESTS

I don't see why not. I wasn't new to Fitness when I joined and one of my 1st challenge quests was attending Crossfit 4x/week + start muay thai.

I think you are overthinking this. Pick two diet quest and one fitness related and create your thread. You will learn more about this community and the challenges as you go.

perhaps I am. I've never encountered a forum with such a rigid structure before, it's totally throwing me off. I just came here to get information and support around learning to lift and now I have to follow all these rules and post specific things in specific places and it's bizarre to me. lol

perhaps I am. I've never encountered a forum with such a rigid structure before, it's totally throwing me off. I just came here to get information and support around learning to lift and now I have to follow all these rules and post specific things in specific places and it's bizarre to me. lol

I think you are over thinking it.  Lots of people are in guilds that don't 100% fit them.  Gymnasts are going warrior challenges, powerlifters are hanging with the druids to do yoga, distance runners learning to lift with rangers, etc etc.  

If you want to do a lifting challenge, then come hang out with us warriors.  Or you can do it with rebels.  Its up to you and no one will judge you.  Every guild is very accepting and no one will give you hard time for changing guilds as your interests or focus changes.

Also, the suggested quests are just that.  The intent for them are to be habit forming, if they aren't the habits you want to form, then make up different ones.  Mine are: 1. don't get injured again, 2. track all foods. 3, schedule rest days or I won't take a day off and 4. take the free classes my work offers.  

Bottom line, if you challenge anywhere, you will find support with any quests you decide you want to do.

• Like 2

I think you are over thinking it.  Lots of people are in guilds that don't 100% fit them.  Gymnasts are going warrior challenges, powerlifters are hanging with the druids to do yoga, distance runners learning to lift with rangers, etc etc.  

If you want to do a lifting challenge, then come hang out with us warriors.  Or you can do it with rebels.  Its up to you and no one will judge you.  Every guild is very accepting and no one will give you hard time for changing guilds as your interests or focus changes.

Also, the suggested quests are just that.  The intent for them are to be habit forming, if they aren't the habits you want to form, then make up different ones.  Mine are: 1. don't get injured again, 2. track all foods. 3, schedule rest days or I won't take a day off and 4. take the free classes my work offers.  

Bottom line, if you challenge anywhere, you will find support with any quests you decide you want to do.

well this is by far the best response I've received here. thank you. good to know I won't be metaphorically stoned to death if I allow myself the freedom to just post what I want where I want.

well this is by far the best response I've received here. thank you. good to know I won't be metaphorically stoned to death if I allow myself the freedom to just post what I want where I want.

Thanks, I rewrote your challenge thread for you too.  Check it out!!

And there will be no stoning, unless you join the warriors and then leave us for the rangers!!   :playful:

• Like 2

Hello everyone, 

My name is Jay and I'm a newbie.  I registered on the forums a while back, but kind of fell off before I ever really got on.  Hopefully this time it sticks a little better.  Anyway....

For my first quest, I have chosen:

Diet

Eat a vegetable with at least one meal each day.  

Drink 1 less soda a week.

Fitness

Complete the NF body weight workout at least once a week.

Level Up My Life

Floss for 10-15 seconds a day.  

I think for me, the biggest challenge might be eating a vegetable at each meal.  Sometimes I just feel like having oatmeal, but I guess I could swap that out with an omelet with spinach or something. I already floss most days, some days I just get lazy.  

I'm going to Vegas tomorrow and coming back on Tuesday.  This will probably be half-assed until Wednesday to be completely honest.  I'll still start today, but I won't count anything until Wednesday. 

Time to browse around the forum again.

-Jay

Hello. New to the forum. Excited to start. Here are my first quest goals....

Diet

Eat a vegetable with at least one meal each day.

Eat a healthy snack like fruit or nuts once a day

Fitness:

10 minute walk each day (good for me and my dogs)

Bodyweight circuit 3x per week

Level Up My Life:

5 minutes of meditation daily

Thanks so much

Hi! I'm new... so I hope I'm doing this right. Here we go:

Diet 

• Reduce fast food consumption by 50%
  • Take one processed snack you have each day and replace it with a healthy protein, fruit, or vegetable

Fitness 

• Walk every day (5 minutes) - this could even be in the form of standing up at your desk and walking around the office.

Level Up Your Life 

• Have a 5 minute dance party each day

Hi, new here and this seemed like a good place to start

Diet:

• Swap out one soda per day with water

Fitness:

• Complete the NF bodyweight workout at least 1x a week ( I walk my dog everyday about a mile or two, so we need something new)

Level up my life

• Put $1 in a jar (or savings) every day

Hi everyone! I am new ! I'm not sure what I should do. I am real excited that for the first time in my life I'm going to get healthy. Sucks it took me to age 34 to do it lol. I'm 5'7" and 155pounds. I'm hoping to tone up and lose these love handles he he he! I would appreciate any help anyone can give me as far as what I need to be doing .

After I accept the challenge and successfully complete it then what should I do. I'm new here so sorry if my question sounds crazy lol. Any guidance giving is much appreciated

Hi everyone! I am new ! I'm not sure what I should do. I am real excited that for the first time in my life I'm going to get healthy. Sucks it took me to age 34 to do it lol. I'm 5'7" and 155pounds. I'm hoping to tone up and lose these love handles he he he! I would appreciate any help anyone can give me as far as what I need to be doing .

Welcome.

After I accept the challenge and successfully complete it then what should I do. I'm new here so sorry if my question sounds crazy lol. Any guidance giving is much appreciated

You can go to the join the next 4 week challenge (starting next week I think.)  If you know what type of rebel you are, then just go to the guild you want to.  If not, just create one with the rebels.

As a newly awakened warrior, I accept this quest of the following:

Diet:

•Swap out one soda per day with water
ʉۢEat a vegetable with one meal every day
ʉۢReduce fast food consumption by 50%
ʉۢTake one processed snack you have each day and replace it with a healthy protein, fruit, or vegetable
ʉۢSubstitute one sugary coffee drink per day for black coffee or tea.

Fitness:

•Walk every day (5 minutes) - this could even be in the form of standing up at your desk and walking around the office

Lifestyle:
•Say one positive thing to yourself each morning when you look in the mirror.

May you all reach your goals and prosper in your future quests.

Alright, here we go:

Diet (pick two)

• Stop soda consumption entirely.
  • Stop drinking coffee with any cream or sugar, black all the way baby!

Fitness (pick one)

• Walk every day (10 minutes).
  • I plan to participate in the C25K program - Couch to 5K in preparation for my 5K in June.

Level Up Your Life (Pick One)

• Brush teeth at least once a day - I have always had an issue with dental hygiene, my challenge is to brush and floss once a day.

Am I resurrected?  I need to have a clean slate and start over.

Feel free to copy and paste and use for your own challenge (make sure to follow the 'pick 1' or 'pick 2' directions! don't do all of them!)  Use as much or as little from this as you'd like.

Diet

• Drop the iced coffee for more water.
  • Eat a vegetable with one meal every day, even if it's only canned.  Canned is better than nothing.

Fitness

• Walk every day (5 minutes), even if just marching in place.
  • Take Rowdy to the dog park, and throw the ball around for him, once a week.

Level Up Your Life

• Reach out to a friend every day, even if it is only via text.  If that friend doesn't respond, try someone else.  Find someone to connect with for just a short conversation.  Don't isolate!

Ok, My friend started doing this and was telling me about it so I got excited and (because I am behind a desk all day) I really want to do some goal setting for myself. I also want to get pregnant in a year or two and I have always told myself I would try to be more healthy before and during the pregnacy... It's a nice pipe dream, I know it's silly, but I have to start somewhere :)

So I feel pretty average. I'm not fat, but I'm not thin, chubby but very curvy and possibly the most average height, lol! So I think I'm just going to go with Human, and I'd like to eat better and I like the idea of yoga and tai-chi so I'm thinking Druid :)

Ok, so my first two small quests are going to be:

-Making sure I eat at least ONE veggie EVERYDAY, at least once a day.

-instead of guzzling down non-stop sugar-rich coffee, I will drink one of those cups as just black

For my fitness challenge I have asked the friend who is already into the nerd fitness to do a weekly "Thing" with me, even if it's just to take a hike up one of the local mountains

And for my Leveling up goal... Ok, this is kind silly, and kinda personal, so be understanding. I have been fighting an almost crippling depression for almost 2 years now and something I would really like to work on, one day at a time is to take back my oral health and force myself to brush my teeth AT LEAST once per day.

Again I know that sounds really small, but there are days when going to work and putting on that daily mask is all I can bare. And when I get home all I can do is curl up in bed. So if I can get this one thing back in my life I'd really like to.

Is that allowed? Now I have doubts. If that's really to out of the guidelines of this then I can pick something else. It's just the first thing that came to mind.

Okay! Off I go to drink my one black coffee! So, erm... what's next?

• Like 3

Time to start my challenge (i'm posting here because I am very unsure as to where I post this.

Diet (pick two)

• Swap out one soda per day with water
  • Take one processed snack you have each day and replace it with a healthy protein, fruit, or vegetable

Fitness (pick one)

• Walk every day (5 minutes) - this could even be in the form of standing up at your desk and walking around the office.

• 5 minutes meditation daily

Hopefully this is the right place? I couldn't find where to do this. :)

Base here --- My Challenge to Myself:

Diet:

• Reduce fastfood consumption by 50% --> Go to fastfood only 1x a month
  • Substitute one sugar coffee drink per day for black coffee or tea

Fitness:

• Complete NF bodyweight workout at least 1x a week ---> My current target is to do it at least 3x a week

Level Up Your Life

• Make small talk with at least one person each week (or day!) you wouldn't normally (could be on your commute, at work, in line at the grocery store)
  • Go to bed 10 minutes earlier each week ---> much needed as I lack sleep because I always sleep late.
  • Like 1

I'm looking to respawn :angel:

Diet

• Substitute one sugary coffee drink per day for black coffee or tea

Fitness

• Walk every day (5 minutes) - this could even be in the form of standing up at your desk and walking around the office

Level up 

• 5 minutes of meditation every day

Edited by moork310
Didn't type the correct goal.
  • Like 1

Hi, I'm Chloe and I just joined about 2 minutes ago! I'm trying to get really fit so I can make varsity for Cross Country! 

Anyways, my goals are:

DIET:

- Reduce fast food consumption by 50%

- Replace one processed snack with a fruit or vegetable per day

FITNESS:

- Participate in an active, social game once per week

LIFE:

- Say one nice thing about my body in the mirror every day

I'm excited to start, since this seems doable :)

• Like 1

OK Here I am:

First week - from June 20 - June 27.

I am going to stick to my tried and true food plan. It is:

Breakfast: 4 oz protein, 1 fruit or 6 oz vegetable

Lunch: 4 oz protein, 6 oz vegetable, 8 oz salad, 1 tsp oil

Dinner: 8 oz salad, 1 tbsp. dressing, 6 oz cooked vegie 4 oz prtein

I will mediate for at least 5 minutes a day.

I will do the Body weight work out at least once this week and also I will do interval running 3 times this coming week.

I am 5'5", 135 lbs. I want to lose 15 pounds and stay there.

I am 59 years old.

MagDoll

sweet :beguiled:

-----newbie rebel------

excited && ready to get back into a fitness lifestyle ^_^

Diet (pick two)

• Eat a vegetable with one meal every day

Fitness (pick one).

• Complete the NF bodyweight workout at least 1x a week

• Say one positive thing to yourself each morning when you look in the mirror
  • Like 1

I'm a bit new, and I know people are pretty relaxed here, but I want to do things right.

Do I put my challenge here as a response to this thread, or start my own thread in the 4 week challenge forum?

5 hours ago, SuperSloth said:

I'm a bit new, and I know people are pretty relaxed here, but I want to do things right.

Do I put my challenge here as a response to this thread, or start my own thread in the 4 week challenge forum?

Start your own thread in the 4 week challenge forum :D Feel free to drop a line if you need any help putting one together!

Hi guys! So not sure whether I ought to make my own thread in the rebel section yet or whether its too early

(already read the FAQ, rules, etc but can anybody give me a real basic step-by-step of what to do now;

Forrr exampleee 

1. on 25th make your own thread,

2. introduce yourself in the newbie thread [if there even is such a thing]? Haha)

So, er, anyone?! So excited for my first challenge, but also a tad nervous! :ph34r:

But anywho, so far, here is my plan in a nutshell (may or may not be subject to change before the 25th!)

LEVEL 1 REBEL CHALLENGE:

• Take my medication every day (no, Stella, no more forgetting!)
  • Fuss an animal (5 minutes) every day - I have a cat, two dogs and a bunch of guinea piggles

I know they seem like small goals (please check out my introduction thread or battle log, I promise there's a reason they seem so feeble!) but I hope they'll improve my morale. And, hopefully, in the next challenge, or perhaps the one after, my treatment will kick in and I can begin working my way back to my adventuring, troll-slaying, surfing ways! ;)  

• Like 1