• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

LEVEL 1 SUGGESTED CHALLENGE QUESTS

3 hours ago, Stellakin said:

Hi guys! So not sure whether I ought to make my own thread in the rebel section yet or whether its too early

(already read the FAQ, rules, etc but can anybody give me a real basic step-by-step of what to do now;

Forrr exampleee 

1. on 25th make your own thread,

2. introduce yourself in the newbie thread [if there even is such a thing]? Haha)

So, er, anyone?! So excited for my first challenge, but also a tad nervous! :ph34r:

But anywho, so far, here is my plan in a nutshell (may or may not be subject to change before the 25th!)

LEVEL 1 REBEL CHALLENGE:

• Walk every day (5 minutes) - this could even be in the form of standing up at your desk and walking around the office.
  • Take my medication every day (no, Stella, no more forgetting!)
  • Fuss an animal (5 minutes) every day - I have a cat, two dogs and a bunch of guinea piggles

I know they seem like small goals (please check out my introduction thread or battle log, I promise there's a reason they seem so feeble!) but I hope they'll improve my morale. And, hopefully, in the next challenge, or perhaps the one after, my treatment will kick in and I can begin working my way back to my adventuring, troll-slaying, surfing ways! ;)  

The forums for the next challenge are already up, so it's really up to you if you want to make a thread now, or wait. 

Step by step is something like: 

1. Make your thread whenever you feel comfortable. And be sure to include your name in the title. That makes it a lot easier for people to find you. 

2. There may or may not be a general chat thread for the rebels, but you can always stop by the other guilds and say hi. That can be a good way to get a feel for any that you might be interested in joining later.

3. Support your fellow rebels. Check out various threads. Check out the accountabilibuddy groups, maybe join or start one.

I think that about covers it. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stellakin said:

Hi guys! So not sure whether I ought to make my own thread in the rebel section yet or whether its too early

(already read the FAQ, rules, etc but can anybody give me a real basic step-by-step of what to do now;

Forrr exampleee 

1. on 25th make your own thread,

2. introduce yourself in the newbie thread [if there even is such a thing]? Haha)

So, er, anyone?! So excited for my first challenge, but also a tad nervous! :ph34r:

You can put your thread up before the challenge starts, and it's a good way of getting to know each other and offer your support before the beginning. Some people post as soon as the forum is open (why are you looking at me - I'm not- no), some post halfway through week 0 after they're done fully with the previous challenge (because some people prefer to finish on Sunday). 

And your challenges look really good! Clear times and goals, and I hope you do well!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

The forums for the next challenge are already up, so it's really up to you if you want to make a thread now, or wait. 

Step by step is something like: 

1. Make your thread whenever you feel comfortable. And be sure to include your name in the title. That makes it a lot easier for people to find you. 

2. There may or may not be a general chat thread for the rebels, but you can always stop by the other guilds and say hi. That can be a good way to get a feel for any that you might be interested in joining later.

3. Support your fellow rebels. Check out various threads. Check out the accountabilibuddy groups, maybe join or start one.

I think that about covers it. :)

11 hours ago, PhysicsObeysMe said:

You can put your thread up before the challenge starts, and it's a good way of getting to know each other and offer your support before the beginning. Some people post as soon as the forum is open (why are you looking at me - I'm not- no), some post halfway through week 0 after they're done fully with the previous challenge (because some people prefer to finish on Sunday). 

And your challenges look really good! Clear times and goals, and I hope you do well!

Thank you so much, both of you! I'll definitely work on my thread. :) 

• Like 1

Wait, I've been a lurker of the forums for a long time before actually taking the plunge; do people still assign str, dex, XP, etc...? Has the system changed? Last I saw there were weekly challenges; ie. to follow other peoples' threads. I'm so confused! *hides face in hands*

1 minute ago, Stellakin said:

Wait, I've been a lurker of the forums for a long time before actually taking the plunge; do people still assign str, dex, XP, etc...? Has the system changed? Last I saw there were weekly challenges; ie. to follow other peoples' threads. I'm so confused! *hides face in hands*

They took down the assigned stats around June? However, some people (like myself) have still decided to use them. But its supposed to give you more freedom, and work better with the created NF character you can do on https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/. So your progression is supposed to work on that site. Still, people use the original or different methods of leveling up. It depends on how you want to do it.

For the weekly challenges, those stopped earlier this year due to real life for some of the rebel leaders. So there was no-one available to coordinate rebel minichallenges. Some guilds do their own minichallenges, and I can definitely get those earlier weekly challenges if you want!

9 minutes ago, Stellakin said:

This is the best post of the original mini-challenges

On 9/19/2016 at 2:49 PM, Stellakin said:

Meh, thats up to you. I used to give myself points rewards for fulfilling different goals, but it stressed me out so I stopped. The challenges are there to help you, so whatever makes sense in your head, and is helpful for you is the way to go! Best thing about challenges is that there's always another coming up, so if you're not crazy about how one went down, you can switch it up next go around! 

2 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Meh, thats up to you. I used to give myself points rewards for fulfilling different goals, but it stressed me out so I stopped. The challenges are there to help you, so whatever makes sense in your head, and is helpful for you is the way to go! Best thing about challenges is that there's always another coming up, so if you're not crazy about how one went down, you can switch it up next go around! 

Ah, thank you! I do sometimes have a habit of giving myself an exact routine/regime and then sticking to it ruthlessly, even if it doesn't really work well for me. Need to remember that the challenges are here to help me, not restrict me; so I'll give it a go and see what works out best. :) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stellakin said:

Ah, thank you! I do sometimes have a habit of giving myself an exact routine/regime and then sticking to it ruthlessly, even if it doesn't really work well for me. Need to remember that the challenges are here to help me, not restrict me; so I'll give it a go and see what works out best. :) 

LOL that's me too! It helps me to think of it as an ongoing experiment, if something doesn't feel right, I adjust and reevaluate :D 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

LOL that's me too! It helps me to think of it as an ongoing experiment, if something doesn't feel right, I adjust and reevaluate :D 

Sounds like I ought to try and do that periodically too! Haha :D 

I think I can do this. Here goes!

Diet

• Eat a vegetable with one meal every day
  • Reduce fast food consumption by 50%

Fitness 

• Complete the NF bodyweight workout at least 1x a week

Level Up Your Life 

• 5 minutes meditation daily

Newbie here with my first Challenges:

Diet:

• One veggie with each meal
  • No more than one serving of grains per day

Fitness

• Two 30-min heavy lifting sessions per week

Level Up My Life

• Track expenses and live within budget using YNAB app

On 9/29/2016 at 2:31 PM, IAmInfinite said:

@Chells @Disnutt Those look like some great habits to start building on! Have you created a challenge thread in the Rebels forum? If you post there, you can get support and advice from other rebels at the same point in the journey, or further along. Welcome to the Rebellion!

I haven't created a challenge thread. I'll look to do that today or tomorrow. Looking at these challenges, I've already fallen short on some of them, but I replaced them with others. Is that alright?

3 hours ago, Chells said:

I haven't created a challenge thread. I'll look to do that today or tomorrow. Looking at these challenges, I've already fallen short on some of them, but I replaced them with others. Is that alright?

That's absolutely fine. This is your challenge to help you improve, and you know best how to do that. Being adaptable is a huge skill!

On 10/25/2016 at 5:00 PM, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Hmm, I never did a challenge with the rebels.  I went straight to the Monks and Druids.  Maybe I should do a rebel challenge at some point.

When I first joined, rebels (they were called recruits at the time) had mini-challenges that were designed to help you get a feel for the challenges. Things like, comment on 3 challenges. Check if your goals are SMART. Join or make an accountabilibuddy group. Halfway through the challenge checking in with your goals, too easy, too hard? From what I've seen of them now, the rebels are more to make it easier for new people (or those respawning) to find and support each other. Or if you have no clue what guild you want to join. But there isn't the same level of formal support that there used to be. So if you already know your guild, I don't see a problem with skipping the rebels and having your first with whichever guild.

When I first joined, rebels (they were called recruits at the time) had mini-challenges that were designed to help you get a feel for the challenges. Things like, comment on 3 challenges. Check if your goals are SMART. Join or make an accountabilibuddy group. Halfway through the challenge checking in with your goals, too easy, too hard? From what I've seen of them now, the rebels are more to make it easier for new people (or those respawning) to find and support each other. Or if you have no clue what guild you want to join. But there isn't the same level of formal support that there used to be. So if you already know your guild, I don't see a problem with skipping the rebels and having your first with whichever guild.

That's pretty much exactly what I did with my guilds.

Sent from the dragon's lair

I consider myself a noob to the whole quest endeavor. I'm a personal trainer and have established goals for clients but seem to have chilled out on my goals recently. So I'm on a quest to become the next American Ninja Warrior. I'm definitely a noob in this journey so I'll start out with the above Level 1 challenges

Diet quest- 

Eat less cheat meals. I love to eat so that's going to be difficult. I'll start with taking one cheat meal a week/5/7.

Fitness-

Work on gymnastic skill and grip strength for this month every other day.

Life goal-

I want to be able to still do handstand pushups and planching when I'm 80+ y/o

Here's what I'm currently working on to improve my ninja stuff. Not glamorous but it's still fun ;P

• Like 3