spezzy lifts the things

spezzy

giphy.gif

Hiiiii.

Long term quests - 450 Wilks

Here's my character page: http://nerdfitness.com/character/4

I'm currently healing from a hamstring strain (in November), and using it as a chance to take a huge step back and fix a bunch of form issues, as well as drop a little bodyfat.

One big quest of this challenge is to continue to train smart, and not go heavier than I should - I can't risk re-injury, and need to baby step back up in weight.

However, that's not measurable. So, here are quests that are :)

Diet/Fitness

1) Track what I eat.
I haven't been tracking and I need a baseline to determine what changes to make to lean out a bit.

2) Walk 2 miles per day with Madi. 
Madi is my dog. She loves walks, and walking is good for me. We're doing 1 mile a day now, so, 2 miles per day. That's 2 15 minute walks. I can sprint / walk too if I'm in the mood for sprinting, though in order to do this I'm going to need to convince her to be less squirrley when we run.

3) Meditate daily
Headspace. At least 10 minutes. 

LUYL
4) BE ON TIME for things. 

That's it!

Edit: edited challenge. Got rid of stretching, because I'm going to do that anyway. Moved meditation to fitness because it IS fitness and a lot of what I'm lacking lifting wise is mental and focus. Added be on time for things because that really should have been my level up your life goal all along :)
  • Like 2
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

We're working on leash manners with Mace. He's a pain in my ass when we run- he likes to stop every 5 seconds to mark, but he stops without notice and yanks me around. 

Subbed because I love you!

Hiii <3

I've been trying to figure out how to run with her best, because by my side, she keeps looking around and then not running straight and tripping me.

If I let her run in front of me, she pulls. So we need to baby step I think. She's at least less reactive if we're running.

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

So far so good!

Got a quick workout in - I'm increasing overall frequency (days) while trying to keep total volume the same, so today was my third lifting day in a row, and I need to lift tomorrow, so I kept SUPER light -

Squat 135x3x3, 165x3x3

Hack squats

Back extension

Bike - 20 mins.

I have already gone 2.3 miles with Madi, though they were slow - we walked to the store, got her some treats, made Velouria's vet appointment, and got stuff done.

Also I did meal prep yesterday so we should have a good easy week food wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hii! I've peeked at your challenges before, this one seems lots more positive, is that a correct impression? If so, yay! :) 

Having your dog run in front would be a very bad idea from a training perspective anyway, right? I'm still figuring out how to run with mine, it goes pretty well and she has stopped running into my legs... but she still suddenly stops and she's heavy enough to stop me in my tracks too x) oh well, patience! 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

looks good, i'm in!

Byebye.gif

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

It seems I'm not the only one inspired by Chairohkey's silliness. It's so hard to keep the volume down! I imagine I won't be saying that by week's end.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Hii! I've peeked at your challenges before, this one seems lots more positive, is that a correct impression? If so, yay! :)

Having your dog run in front would be a very bad idea from a training perspective anyway, right? I'm still figuring out how to run with mine, it goes pretty well and she has stopped running into my legs... but she still suddenly stops and she's heavy enough to stop me in my tracks too x) oh well, patience! 

I've needed to take a break from challenges for a few challenges now - but didn't because I didn't want to break my streak. Instead I've just failed.

SO this time I oversimplified it and decided to not beat myself up over things I can't control. I put a lot of pressure on myself to perform well, and I realized that beating myself up because of injury or not placing like I wanted to at a meet is was the opposite of what I should be doing, for both myself and everyone else around me. I've learned a lot lately getting my head on straight, training consistently, fixing my form, and am actually enjoying training and eating again.  

For Madi - yeah, if it was off leash, she could run anywhere, but it's on leash. I'd like to get her to run on my side, but we're still getting her to WALK on my side, sooooo... :)

• Like 3