Rinna--

Rinna

My goals:

1. Limit sugar intake (Lord help me, I'm a junkie) to once/twice weekly

2. Eat more veggies

3. Exercise daily

4. Read my devotional daily

I am joining my daughter here in hopes that it will help me be accountable for my health/diet/exercise. She is a big fan of this site and feels that it helps her, and Lord knows I need help.

• Like 6

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

Thanks! I just wish my fitbit would get here in time. Maybe I need a shock collar so someone can zap me into moving. To quote the Stones : What a drag it is getting old.

Edited to fix typo.

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

Welcome to the party! We're all here to help :)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Great that you have an accountability partner built in!  :)

Thanks! I just wish my fitbit would get here in time. Maybe I need a shock collar so someone can zap me into moving. To quote the Stones : What a drag it is getting old.

Edited to fix typo.

I swear I read somewhere of a smartwatch or fitbit-esque device that does this. I mean it's not a big zap, but I bet it would get me moving!

MyFitnessPal

Great that you have an accountability partner built in!  :)

I swear I read somewhere of a smartwatch or fitbit-esque device that does this. I mean it's not a big zap, but I bet it would get me moving!

I know with my fitbit you can set alarms and it vibrates, scares the crap out of me every time. I hope your fitbit gets to you fast.

Good luck with your challenge Rinna! 
  • Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Hey Rinna, did you get your Fitbit yet? There are plenty of Rebels using them if you're looking for friends to keep you accountable! (My profile link is in my signature, feel free to add me.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Same here =) I am always looking for new friends on there.

Add me as well when you get your fitbit. :)

Spoiler

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Hey Fleaball, Jonesy, and lilbichy. Yes I got it last night and have been playing with it ever since. I would love to be fitbit friends, but don't know how to add y'all......(Trying to figure out how to put my Fitbit in my signature. It put the whole huge link in there.). So far I am happy with it, and managed to meet my steps for the first whole day. Woot!

• Like 4

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

if you click on our links it will take you to our profiles and there's a button near our photos that says "add friend." I just added you. :) To make a link prettier, type whatever you want it to say (e.g. "My Fitbit"), highlight that text, and then click the button that looks like a chain link (if you squint) with the green circle in it, next to the 123 bullet list. copy & paste your link in the box that pops up, and voila!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Oh my. There was the friends button the whole time. â˜ºï¸ Never did find the chain link thingy. Luckily my Honey knows stuff, and helped me out once he realized what the heck I was asking. Then daughter showed me how, that whole toolbar is nonexistant on the ipad. So, anyway, Welcome Friends!

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

So glad to be fitbit friends. How are the other things going on your challenge so far?

It's been a struggle. My depression dragon has been riding me hard, and I am a feelings eater. But, I have gotten my steps in both full days ( Tuesday didn't count, i got the fitbit in the late afternoon), which amazes me. I discovered that I walk 4 1/4 miles in my average day. Wow. I have stayed close to my calorie limit, under a bit one day, over a bit another. But, baby steps, right?

• Like 3

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

It's been a struggle. My depression dragon has been riding me hard, and I am a feelings eater. But, I have gotten my steps in both full days ( Tuesday didn't count, i got the fitbit in the late afternoon), which amazes me. I discovered that I walk 4 1/4 miles in my average day. Wow. I have stayed close to my calorie limit, under a bit one day, over a bit another. But, baby steps, right?

Grats on getting your step goals and staying close to your calorie limit!

Baby steps are the best ones =)  It is refreshing to see how much walking you do in a day. 

I second baby steps being the best! I found it interesting how little I walk. I know I have an extremely sedentary job but wow was it an eye opener. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

Grats on getting your step goals and staying close to your calorie limit!

I second baby steps being the best! I found it interesting how little I walk. I know I have an extremely sedentary job but wow was it an eye opener.

I am lucky I guess. I work in food sevice at our local high school, and am on my feet almost the entire 5 1/2 hours. I knew I walked a lot, but not that much. Now once I find the energy to get on the eliptical, I'll be kicking booty.

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

Just checking in and wondering how you are doing?

Are you still wearing your fitbit? My Mom loves hers and is always tracking how far she walked.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Just checking in and wondering how you are doing?

Are you still wearing your fitbit? My Mom loves hers and is always tracking how far she walked.

Still wearing it, and loving it so far. Otherwise, it's been a struggle. Trying to nail down how many calories I need to function and lose weight is hard. And avoiding sweets is not going as well as I's like. Especially since that's my go to when I'm feeling blue. But, tomorrow is another day, and I'll keep trying.

• Like 3

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

Trying to nail down how many calories I need to function and lose weight is hard. And avoiding sweets is not going as well as I's like. Especially since that's my go to when I'm feeling blue. But, tomorrow is another day, and I'll keep trying.

I use the free app www.loseit.com as a calorie counter. When you set up your account and input your height, weight, goals etc... it will tell you how many calories to shoot for, and even shows your fat/protein/carb breakdown for the day.

I love it, but I'm a Type "A" personality.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)