Rinna--

Rinna

Sounds like your Fitbit is working well for you! I have a Polar Loop and it has really helped me increase my activity level. Have you gotten the alarm to work on it yet?

Cutting back on sugar is hard. I have the same tendency to use food as an anti-depressant. Have you tried using Stevia? I used to it to help me get off drinking sugary sodas, which is what really helped me to start losing weight. 

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Sounds like your Fitbit is working well for you! I have a Polar Loop and it has really helped me increase my activity level. Have you gotten the alarm to work on it yet?

Cutting back on sugar is hard. I have the same tendency to use food as an anti-depressant. Have you tried using Stevia? I used to it to help me get off drinking sugary sodas, which is what really helped me to start losing weight.

I tried stevia once upon a time, and found it....nasty. The aftertaste. I used splenda in my coffee most days, but yeah, sodas are my downfall. And lemonheads. I love those suckers. I also need to go back to gluten free. But, bread! Also a downfall. 😙

Got the alarm to work, use it weekday mornings. Only scared the crap out of myself once. (My face was laying on it.) And it's less startling than the real alarm.

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

Glad to see the fitbit is working out for you =) I love mine.  Can you think of anything else that may help with the blues?  I am the same way, food seems to conquer feelings.  Also instead of cutting all the crap at once, have you tried to set a goal to limit then eventually cut out?  Like right now, I have cut 3 things out of my food groups.  Next month I hope to add something else.  Start simple and small.  Soda is freaking hard.  I am 18 days soda free and still battle it daily.

• Like 1

Glad to see the fitbit is working out for you =) I love mine.  Can you think of anything else that may help with the blues?  I am the same way, food seems to conquer feelings.  Also instead of cutting all the crap at once, have you tried to set a goal to limit then eventually cut out?  Like right now, I have cut 3 things out of my food groups.  Next month I hope to add something else.  Start simple and small.  Soda is freaking hard.  I am 18 days soda free and still battle it daily.

I have meds for the depression, starting to think I need to up the dosage, even though I don't want to. My belief is that it's hormone related, as I am approching that age. But Docs all say I'm still too young for it. But am I really? Plus, I don't handle stress well, at all. Come by that honest, as my grandma would say. Runs in my family.

I like to think I know better than to go cold turkey. That's why I let myself have sugar in my weekend coffee. But, then I get overtired (or sick, thank you lovely family) or depressed and reach for the candy. Or soda. I believe that sugar is an addiction. And I'm a junkie. I try to say "one soda a week" and then I don't sleep, and need (or want) the caffine, and wham! it's daily again. One cup of joe is all I can handle, more and I get wiggy. Granted my one is a 10oz cup. So, still taking those baby steps, and wishing it wasn't already 2 weeks into this challenge, which I am failing miserably.

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

I have the same problem!  I think sugar is a huge addiction.  So is caffeine.  I used to tell myself ok one diet soda a day is ok, but then it would turn to two then three etc.  I had to tell myself none.  I still have energy drink addiction, but that is usually on weekends. 

Can you think of any motivation or way to stick with cutting them out completely?  Have you tried the 21 day sugar detox?  It may be brutal, I have tried and given up a couple times, but I still want to try again.

Darn right, sugar is an addiction

Everyone has poor challenges. I know I've had my fair share. The point is to keep trying! :) That's what I love about NF - it's the only thing that's kept me from giving up altogether.

1429646626-tumblr-n0bg3idagm1r5k9koo2-r1

Interesting choice of gif thingy.  We just watched that a couple days ago!  And today, A Small Victory.  I resisted  both the cookies and the sodas!  And I'm hoping shoveling snow counts as a workout, because after being sick for 4 days I got nothing left. 

• Like 3

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

Interesting choice of gif thingy.  We just watched that a couple days ago!  And today, A Small Victory.  I resisted  both the cookies and the sodas!  And I'm hoping shoveling snow counts as a workout, because after being sick for 4 days I got nothing left. 

I feel like it is totally a workout!  Awesome job on the resisting cookies and sodas!!!!!

So. All my lives are used up, and I am at the respawn point. I will keep my same goals, and hope that stress/depression and more importantly, illness don't interfere so damnned much.

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

spoiler]

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit