Megan's Monthly Mayhem

Argh...kiddo offered me some candy yesterday after dinner.  It was one of those little pieces.  I ended up eating one.  She offered more of those little wrapped temptations.  I ate the first without thinking but resisted the offer later that night.  I was not thinking at all on that first one and said sure out of habit.

Don't feel bad, you did awesome!! You could have had more but you resisted it. That. Is. EPIC!!

The candy is a lie, remember that...

129156784544299756.gif

For people quitting soda: stay strong! You will get to a point where soda just makes you feel icky - promise!

I've successfully not fallen into the cookies in the executive lounge trap every night so far. Sticking to my favorite chocolate to beat the nightly sugar temptation (it's about 100 calories for the portion I eat, so it's not like the 600 calorie cookies they keep in the lounge).

I've also started tracking again on Fitbit. As long as I stick to my "normal" meals, I'm fine - I just need to make sure I stick to what I know works. 

Sometimes, I think employees leave cookies out deliberately just so others will eat them and get fat. Making the saboteur the best looking at the summer get together.

But you resisted!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAH!!!!

Good work on resisting the rest! It's scary what we end up doing on autopilot sometimes.

I resisted the choccies in the bowl at work yesterday. Then someone handed me a half glass of soda which I accepted without thinking. Luckily I remembered before I drank any and just tipped it down the sink.

I also didn't have any trifle at home yesterday :o

you-are-awesome.jpg

I ate more today, and they were healthy meals. Drank lots of water!! Did drink some soda unfortunately to settle some indigestion :(. But I resisted the dark chocolate coconut macaroons :D It's the little things

• Like 1

I'm totally in!

My fruitcake moment was this christmas, my mom usually gets me pajamas, and usually size is not an issue, she hits it dead on. But this year she was off, in both directions for different articles of clothing. I hadn't really noticed how much my size had changed over the last year, but trying on those christmas clothes really stuck with me. :(

Also I'd like to focus on my water intake this week, its been pretty bad for months now. I have an auto immune disorder which causes dry mouth, so that only exacerbates the issue. I've been waking up feeling dehydrated lately and my mouth feels dry as a bone. So time to be serious about my water intake!

So excited for this challenge!

• Like 2

Level 3 Rebel

STR: 1 / DEX: 2 / STA: 1 / CON: 12 / WIS: 1 / CHA: 3

Current Challenge

Challenge Goal Tracking SpreadSheet

Challenges: First, 2, 3

I'm totally in!

My fruitcake moment was this christmas, my mom usually gets me pajamas, and usually size is not an issue, she hits it dead on. But this year she was off, in both directions for different articles of clothing. I hadn't really noticed how much my size had changed over the last year, but trying on those christmas clothes really stuck with me. :(

Also I'd like to focus on my water intake this week, its been pretty bad for months now. I have an auto immune disorder which causes dry mouth, so that only exacerbates the issue. I've been waking up feeling dehydrated lately and my mouth feels dry as a bone. So time to be serious about my water intake!

So excited for this challenge!

You what?  Me too with the autoimmune dry mouth/membrane.  :)  Keep drinking!  Winter here makes it even worse.

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

You what?  Me too with the autoimmune dry mouth/membrane.   :)  Keep drinking!  Winter here makes it even worse.

Oh man, its so excited to find someone else with issues like mine! I recently went to my in laws in west Texas, which is just a giant desert. My mouth was so dry the whole time, it didn't seem to matter how much water I drank.

• Like 1

Level 3 Rebel

STR: 1 / DEX: 2 / STA: 1 / CON: 12 / WIS: 1 / CHA: 3

Current Challenge

Challenge Goal Tracking SpreadSheet

Challenges: First, 2, 3

Oh, my mom is the same way with clothes. This year she did ask my size, and the higher than usual number was a bit embarrassing. But to her defense, mom didn't make any sort of deal out of it. She gained and lost weight a few times that I can remember and, I think, knows the feeling.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Perpugiliam- Gnome Ranger.  

Insert witty quote here

80%
80%

Weight loss 173 to 148  current 153

75%
75%

Benchpress 100 lbs

Uhhh is that for today or just sometime this week?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Sounds good on all accounts!

Just do what you are able to, when you are able to. I am really not trying to kill anyone with a workout - promise!

I will say, think about where you were when you started your health journey, or where you want to be if you've just started. It's amazing how much we are capable of when we get determined and do it!

• Like 2

I will tackle that later this week then. Probably some day before I shower.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I will definitely add a round (some modified) when I do my dumbbell workout.  I have 2 more this week so perhaps I will do it with each one of at least one round.

• Like 1

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

I may just do 2 rounds of it instead of 10. Time is a thing I'm lacking at the moment.

It's interesting that our moms seem to be our biggest motivators/non-motivators.

Hate when I quote something and forget! There are actually correlation studies between women and daughters on how they look at weight, exercise, and diet. As a mom, it's kind of interesting to think that me being healthy can impact my daughters positively or negatively, depending on the style.

Happy Friday! Everyone staying strong on their challenges?

I think I'm following all of you, but if you notice my name isn't listed, let me know! I may have gone overboard with following people this challenge (I'm at like 25+)!

I know this first week, everyone is going strong - unless you are one of the many infected with the crud - then I understand.

But, today is:

National Bubble Bath Day!

Think of all the things you have accomplished already this week that you wouldn't have done normally. Those are all wins! (I've also had too much coffee!)

Take some time today to pamper yourself. Whether it's a bubble bath, a cup of tea, a new pair of shoes, or whatever you like, do something to take care of yourself.

• Like 3

Sam gave me a gift certificate to a spa for our anniversary. Looks like its time for a mani pedi. Ill call and see if they have room for an appointment tomorrow.

So far so good on the goals. Its more fun to do this with a group.😺

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Insert witty quote here

80%
80%

75%
75%

Benchpress 100 lbs

Sam gave me a gift certificate to a spa for our anniversary. Looks like its time for a mani pedi. Ill call and see if they have room for an appointment tomorrow.

So far so good on the goals. Its more fun to do this with a group.

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

Glad to help you use a present! (I know this challenge is going to be really hard for everyone).

Glad you are enjoying the group! I thought it would be fun (haven't done this before) - so if it goes over well, I'll keep them going. Any thoughts / comments / or suggestions, just let me know!

The spa was a really relaxing, fun experience. I got a smoky purple polish on my feet and just had my fingernails buffed. Hope everyone else treated themselves!

With everything I need to do today, I'm behind on water consumption, I'll just have to drink a bunch when I get home.

Insert witty quote here

80%
80%

75%
75%

Benchpress 100 lbs

The spa was a really relaxing, fun experience. I got a smoky purple polish on my feet and just had my fingernails buffed. Hope everyone else treated themselves!

With everything I need to do today, I'm behind on water consumption, I'll just have to drink a bunch when I get home.

I've never actually been to a spa. Sounds fun! 

I hope everyone is drinking lots of water and accomplishing their goals today. 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Hope everyone had an exciting weekend! Mine was crazy, but I was able to spend part of Sunday snuggled up, doing puzzles on my tablet (it's my favorite hobby because I can take them with me). 

This week is:

Cuckoo Dancing Week!

I swear I am not making these up!

I don't expect everyone to dance like a crazy person this week. Promise! But, this week make an effort to do at least something out of your comfort zone. It can be trying a new food, running a new path, attempting a new workout - doesn't matter - just be stronger than your fears.

inspiring-stories-vidya-sury-stronger.jp

• Like 4

I was going to joke about classes starting today = I have to meet new people and talk about myself = I'm totally cheating this week. But now I'm just nervous about having to talk to people. Ack.

That's not going to be my thing for the week, I swear. I'll be back with something interesting. 

Congrats on surviving week 1 everyone!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Oh gosh I did a bunch of that last challenge.  Singing while I ran despite the pain it may have caused people I encountered.  Running in places I always wanted to but was too afraid.  

I know I will dance randomly at the bus stop.  Should help keep people away.  ;)  Making me nervous just thinking about it.

• Like 1

Dancing at the bus stop reminds me of this video. Appropriate!

edit: okay seriously why is it not working though got it, but I still don't know what I did wrong.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi