Megan's Monthly Mayhem

Oh gosh I did a bunch of that last challenge.  Singing while I ran despite the pain it may have caused people I encountered.  Running in places I always wanted to but was too afraid.  

I know I will dance randomly at the bus stop.  Should help keep people away.   ;)  Making me nervous just thinking about it.

This makes me fully believe awesomesue is the correct name for you!

Loved that video and it is just what I needed.  Such a great pick me up.  Going to do it tonight.  Last night leaving work I was not feeling very dancy due to being down at some sad news about a coworker.  Yeah I dance about as good as that guy at the bus stop!  LOL  This should prove interesting and I will let you know how it went.  :o

• Like 2

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Today is:

National Kiss a Ginger Day

kiss-a-ginger-day-403.jpg

Disclaimer: Please do not kiss random gingers

In honor of gingers everywhere, take a moment today to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. We sometimes get so busy in our own quests that we forget the impact of those around us in our health and happiness.

bb06623651ac23d5f4d824c2bd8a2143.jpg

• Like 1

LOL

Last night, I tried a new treadmill hill workout and yoga. I'm such a rebel!

The treadmill workout kicked my butt... literally! It's so sore today.

Yoga is...meh for me. I know people who love it, but I just can't get into it. Doing it all this week, so maybe I will find a new love for it.

Great job on trying 2 new things!  Treadmills = torture What was the treadmill workout?

First let me apologize to anyone at the downtown bus stop I was at.  Freezing cold, windy, about 15 people waiting for buses some of which standing and some sitting, and then there was me.

Time:  approx. 3:45pm

Music:  ABBA & Talking Heads

Song: Mama Mia & And She Was (a favorite!)

I started to bounce a little and gradually danced more and more until the bus came.  Strange looks happened.  I felt odd but I realized one important thing.  Those poor saps sitting there and just standing there were colder then I was since I was moving I was getting warmer.  Plus being intimidated by this whole thing kept my mind occupied that I quit thinking about how cruddy the wind and blowing snow felt.  :)  Helped so much that when I got off the bus and started the trudge home I started belting out some Boston.  Totally surprised some construction workers that were not enjoying the wind and cold either.

Unfortunately I do not know any gingers that I could get away with kissing.  Instead I took great pleasure in doing a few extra nice things for the family.  ;)

• Like 1

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

I got no kisses despite it being Kiss A Ginger Day. Disappointed. :tongue:

Did you let people know that was today? You need a t-shirt. 

LOL

Great job on trying 2 new things!  Treadmills = torture What was the treadmill workout?

First let me apologize to anyone at the downtown bus stop I was at.  Freezing cold, windy, about 15 people waiting for buses some of which standing and some sitting, and then there was me.

Time:  approx. 3:45pm

Music:  ABBA & Talking Heads

Song: Mama Mia & And She Was (a favorite!)

I started to bounce a little and gradually danced more and more until the bus came.  Strange looks happened.  I felt odd but I realized one important thing.  Those poor saps sitting there and just standing there were colder then I was since I was moving I was getting warmer.  Plus being intimidated by this whole thing kept my mind occupied that I quit thinking about how cruddy the wind and blowing snow felt.   :)  Helped so much that when I got off the bus and started the trudge home I started belting out some Boston.  Totally surprised some construction workers that were not enjoying the wind and cold either.

Unfortunately I do not know any gingers that I could get away with kissing.  Instead I took great pleasure in doing a few extra nice things for the family.   ;)

I would just like to say how awesome this is. Like seriously, I love it!

I also have a story, I'm dedicating it to Flea:

I usually eat dinner in my room while either working on work, homework, or the forums. But tonight, I didn't have anything pressing, so I decided to go down and eat in the hotel lounge. ..... Well, I'm sitting there for like 15 minutes and who walks in, but this random guy who tries to get me to hook up with him every time he's in the hotel. Even though he knows I'm married. He kept talking while I was trying to eat (my very healthy cobb salad) and kept trying me to get a drink other than my water. I seriously had to have a coworker send me an "urgent" e-mail to get out of that. He wanted to follow me to my room. So Flea, just for the record, it's not just the men on OKC, it is also men at hotels!

• Like 2

I thought I commented last week, but I must have not sent it.  I'd like to tag along with you guys!  I'm planning to go to a local Meetup for the first time Thursday for my out of comfort zone challenge.  Will let you know how it goes!

Very cool!  I look forward to hearing how that goes.  You can do it.

Next year I will be sure to announce it to the world :tongue:

I haven't done much of the Mayhem challenges - unfortunately I appear to have picked up a bug :(

Ouch.  Hope you feel better.  Next year you should wear a t-shirt announcing it.  ;)  I am sure 2017 shirts will be made available in a few months.

jNaL0BbS.png

I also have a story, I'm dedicating it to Flea:

I usually eat dinner in my room while either working on work, homework, or the forums. But tonight, I didn't have anything pressing, so I decided to go down and eat in the hotel lounge. ..... Well, I'm sitting there for like 15 minutes and who walks in, but this random guy who tries to get me to hook up with him every time he's in the hotel. Even though he knows I'm married. He kept talking while I was trying to eat (my very healthy cobb salad) and kept trying me to get a drink other than my water. I seriously had to have a coworker send me an "urgent" e-mail to get out of that. He wanted to follow me to my room. So Flea, just for the record, it's not just the men on OKC, it is also men at hotels!

Wow...just wow!

Still curious about the treadmill workout or is that on your challenge?  Anything to help make them not so tedious.  

Still curious about the treadmill workout or is that on your challenge?  Anything to help make them not so tedious.  

That's right! I'm slacking!

It's really easy, 3 minutes at each of the following inclines -> 3%, 6%, 9%, 12%, 15% - keep your pace steady. I walked at a 3.5 mph pace and by the time I hit 15%, I was sweating like a pig. I then repeated to get in a 30 minute walk.

• Like 1

I've been so bad this week about being on the ball with posting anything - ah for real life!

Today is:

Organize Your Home Day

1344537922270_4133161.png

Please don't do this

Before everyone gets all up in arms, I do not actually expect everyone to be able to organize their home in one day. I'm not that crazy. But let's take a minute today to think about how to get ourselves organized. What small changes can you make to get yourself organized? What can you do to make your life easier? Are you holding on to clutter for unhealthy reasons?

• Like 2

Wow, I've been meaning to clean out my dresser so my clothes fit in it for weeks now. What a good excuse to do it today. It'll be a beacon of clean amongst a sea of clutter. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Perpugiliam- Gnome Ranger.  

Insert witty quote here

80%
80%

Weight loss 173 to 148  current 153

75%
75%

Benchpress 100 lbs

HHhhmmmm...I have been working on a few things in this regards.  The biggest issue is staying consistent.  When we get out of habit for a day or two it cascades to other things and turns into multiple things.  I know one thing for me is maybe finally writing that schedule for my daughter to go by.  She forgets what day she needs to do what chores (she may have ADD like her dad), homework, math practice, and is so easily distracted.  It gets in my way because I have a list or routine of things I need to get done to help keep things going smoothly for us all.  She likes schedules and routine but if it is not written then she looses track and gets distracted with games.  Perhaps tonight while I cook the two of us will work on a schedule.  Of course she has input but I expect her to stick to it too.  If it makes her happy I will write out my basic schedule as well.

• Like 2

I ended up so distracted last night I forgot about the schedule because I forgot to put in on a list for me to do.  LOL  Will work on it this weekend if not tonight.  

• Like 1

I've been on a decluttering spree lately, but it has also resulted in piles of things in my apartment that need to be sorted or dealt with. What I really need to do is declutter the stuff I'm decluttering instead of just leaving it out. I also read Marie Kondo's new book this month, so I'm considering actually trying to apply some of her principles and do a proper decluttering from start to finish. 

I'm staying at my boyfriend's apartment this weekend, and it is an amazing disaster. I'm not a clean freak by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't know how he can live like this! I tidied his kitchen so at least the table is visible, and made a list of suggested items that might help him manage it better (like a dish rack). 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I'm loving this thread! I'm not sure if I will fully participate yet, but I definitely want to follow along. A daily challenge sounds like a little too much to handle at the moment, but I love the additional motivation from this group!

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Aug 2016 ~ My Epic Quest

Walk to Mordor: Hobbiton to Rivendell (458/458, arrived 27 April 2016)

Rivendell to Lothlorien (351.11/462)

I'm loving this thread! I'm not sure if I will fully participate yet, but I definitely want to follow along. A daily challenge sounds like a little too much to handle at the moment, but I love the additional motivation from this group!

Welcome!

I try not to do daily challenges (okay - maybe something little), because I completely understand!  Do what you can and we are glad to have you.

Ok. I wouldnt call this one my favorite, but there is a fitness related story behind it. I work at a grocery store and i always keep an eye on the clearance cart. One day i found some vegan unflavored protein powder. I tried it in a berry smoothie and it was awful, undrinkable. So it sat unused on my counter for a couple weeks.

Then a wild pizza craving hit. I have a simple pizza crust recipie i found for my son to make, nothing special, but i thought the grainy taste of the powder would be ok in it. Its pretty good, crisp on bottom and suprisingly tender. I split the recipe in half usually, but not always. Sometimes i want a thick crust.

Protein pizza crust

1/2 c warm water

1/2 tsp sugar or 1/4 tsp or so of honey

1/2 Tbl yeast

1 Tbl olive oil

2 scoops (44g) applied nutrition organic vegan unflavored protein powder

1/2 tsp salt

3.5-4 oz flour (enough to make a good dough)

Combine sugar and water. Sprinkle on yeast.

Wait 5 mins

Add oil, salt, and protein.

Add flour until it is a cohesive, not too sticky dough.

Knead

Turn dough into a ball and let sit for a couple minutes to rest.

cut in half if desired and use as crust.

I bake mine at 400 F for 10 mins.

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Perpugiliam- Gnome Ranger.  

Insert witty quote here

80%
80%

Weight loss 173 to 148  current 153

75%
75%

Benchpress 100 lbs

The madras chicken salad over at nomnompaleo is really delicious! Whole30 compliant too. I don't know how to link properly from tapatalk, so here is a link: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/108235360133/whole30-day-16-madras-chicken-salad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.