Cannonfury's Lifestyle Change

Cannonfury

My main goal is to have a more healthy & productive lifestyle. I have failed challenges in the past, mostly because I am so "entrenched/addicted" to the internet....that I never get anything done.  and of course my body is not going to feel like doing anything if I have spent so long being sedentary. 

1. Limit time spent on the computer(during the week...weekends are free days)

For a long time I have spent way too much time on the computer; computer/internet use has become the center of my life, for too long

Keep track of time used online using chrome app. One thing the app changed that I like is you can now see when you last reset the timer. I will post the top 5 sites each night. 

Will also keep track of/limit tv time(& any online gaming like lotro). It will not mean anything if I simply switch out the internet time with tv/gaming. 

Daily grade for computer use

A. 3 hours or less

B. 4 hours

C. 5 hours

D. 6 hours

F. 7 or more hours

2. Exercise. I need to be more active, so walking every day and/or workout

A. 1 hour or more

B. 30 minutes

C. 20 minutes

D. 15 minutes

F. none

3. Food log; will post food each night

4. Cpap use; wear cpap each night

• Like 3

Great goals!  I'm trying to cut down "screen time" too.

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Great goals!! Subbing!! :)

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

You know, dude; I use an internet blocker so I don't get stuck.  I have a 'ban' on youtube from 4am (in case I wake up early) to about 5pm.  I use firefox and the thing I downloaded was called 'leechblock'.  All you do is click the site and then check off the days and time. Takes like 30 seconds.  It's helped me not piss away a bunch of time. Conversely, if you 'unlocked' here at the same time that everything else is banned; it might build a habit of posting regularly.  Like if everything EXCEPT nf is banned from 3pm-4pm, then you mine as well use that as your update time.  Just suggestions because it's helped me out.

• Like 3

I did wear the cpap last night, though I did not go to sleep as early as I wanted..

Today was not good on exercise, so F :/

I had for lunch; 1 serving of 3 fried chicken fingers with rice o roni. I also had the same thing for dinner. I had 32 oz of water and 12 oz of sweet tea.

My internet time says 1 hour, though I did play lotro for 3 hours & ps3 for 1. Will probably be on till 10 or 10:30.

There are definitely blockers that work that way, too. You can set times for overall internet usage or specific websites (like... only 30min on facebook or something) and it'll warn you a few minutes before kicking you out ;)

What happened with the eating or exercise? Is there something specific that's holding you back from achieving your goals here, something you can change?

• Like 1

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I did really good with the internet time for the day. ..2 hours & 9 minutes. 1 hour of that was before 11:00 this morning. 

I had a grilled chicken sandwhich with fries for dinner.

lunch was general toast chicken, okra, & mashed potatoes & gravy.

16 oz of water, and 16 oz of sweet tea. I plan on limiting my tea this next week. 

I did walk 20 minutes.

The only thing, I did not wear the cpap last night. 

I need to have more self discipline is what it is....although I do have a lack of energy, which I have been tested for hypothyroidism(nothing conclusive). Both sides of my family have it, both parents,all uncles/aunts..

There are definitely blockers that work that way, too. You can set times for overall internet usage or specific websites (like... only 30min on facebook or something) and it'll warn you a few minutes before kicking you out ;)

What happened with the eating or exercise? Is there something specific that's holding you back from achieving your goals here, something you can change?

Do you not eat breakfast at all? and no snacking whatsoever? Or are you like me and sort of forget mindless eating moments during the day?

Also; I find if the chair at your desk where you use your computer is terribly uncomfortable you're less likely to sit there for very long derping around online :)

I hardly ever eat breakfast. I have breakfast maybe 5-6 times a year. 

Do you not eat breakfast at all? and no snacking whatsoever? Or are you like me and sort of forget mindless eating moments during the day?

Also; I find if the chair at your desk where you use your computer is terribly uncomfortable you're less likely to sit there for very long derping around online :)