BlackTezca's 8th Trial: An Artsy Geeky Amazons Becomes The Ultimate Hero

BlackTezca

GUESS WHO'S BACK!

vI1pmf.gif

Back to the Monks for a brand new year!  W00t!  You awesome Martial Warriors remember me as BlackTezca and you may also remember me as a gif-crazy-make-your-browsers-crash-artistic-nutsy-code-MONKey!  I have started out my journey in Nerdfitness in my introductory post  From Lurker to (Newb) Rebel!, outlined last years daily struggles in BlackTezca's Daily Battle Towards Feline Greatness and had my final, most violent, uber challenge of 2015 known as BlackTezcas' 7th Trial: An Artsy, Geeky Amazon Pumps Up!  

Now this time I am here with a new inspiration!  I want to take on this new challenge, this quicker, fast-paced challenge with the lackadaisical care and ease as the best of the best heroes.  A hero who is heroic as a hobby!  Which mean that things are fun while adding strength, dexterity, stamina, and all that jazz!  I want to ONE PUNCH the crap out of this challenge and begin this brand new year with ultimate power!  Thus the theme of this challenge shall be...

rzfawrv1zxxvkym8gjvz.gif

Watch this show...

Not only do I have a theme that is meant to decimate, I am returning to my Monk folks in order to enhance the foundation I have laid out last year and become the amazon hero I was meant to be.  I have started out kickboxing which helps with my conditioning and technique and now I want to further my knowledge of Muay Thai beyond the bag and into the (light) sparring ring!  I want to work with partners to learn clinching, practice footwork, and (lightly) punch them :D.  Also, Considering it was just the holidays, I want to have my diet strengthened further, as well as get back to enhancing my core and agility.  Not only that, but I also need to get my act back together for my art and even add on my novel planning for that!  This is needed to enhance my mental agility as well!  All this is needed in order to continue my main quest (may change when it comes to tying in Character Creation):

My Main Quest is to be as POWERFUL and BATTLE READY as Wonder Woman

Nicola-Scott-Wonder-Woman.jpg

I have worked out and lined up my quests and though the format is shorter, I am still gonna tackle my challenge format as I have had before!  I really have been working on the challenge format as well through out last year and while the character creation may impact this challenge, it shouldn't impact what I have laid out here.  I'm gonna be interested in how to add this as a 'quest' for the character as well as what kind of background I'll give her.  Also will give me some ideas for art!

Without further delay, here are the first quests of 2016!!

tumblr_nz1uueVtBK1sfyp69o1_540.gif

Bang Silverfang: Muay Thai Sessions for finesse and technique application

Details: I have just started going to Muay Thai classes with Easton to add with my kickboxing classes.  Kickboxing is about learning techniques and conditioning, while Muay Thai is about finesse and working with partners in order to practice techniques learned in kickboxing along with gaining advanced knowledge.  They also include sparring drills, which are ton of fun.  I want to solidify this class as part of my full training and thus I needed to come to Muay Thai at least once a week this challenge.

Contingencies: Weather may prevent me from getting to class.  In this case, I need to consider and acceptable substitute.  Sometimes, the coaches would change up the kickboxing class to be more of a partner/Muy Thai class, so I should be able to count those here as well.

Tracking: I'll be tracking the Muay Thai sessions using MyFitnessPal ( username BlackTezca ) with the workout listed as 'Judo, Kickboxing, Martial Arts' for this thread.  This thread will also be updated with details of the class.

Grading:

A for Muay Thai at least 4 times this challenge - 20 exp ( 2 Dex 2 Sta)

B for Muay Thai at least 3 times this challenge - 15 exp ( 2 Dex 1 Sta )

C for Muay Thai at least 2 times this challenge - 10 exp ( 2 Dex )

F for all else

lxjskti.gif?w=594

Genos: Handstand practice for added core stability and diligence

Details: I need to get back in the saddle for handstand practice since I have yet to actually reach the handstand last time!  Thus time to get back into gear and make this a habit so I can finally each this goal in 2016!

Contingencies: None for here.  I can strengthen my wrists if I need to do that instead and this is a low impact practice.

Tracking: I'll be tracking the handstand practice using MyFitnessPal ( username BlackTezca ) with the workout listed as 'Calisthenics- Light/Moderate' for this thread.  This thread will also be updated with details of the practice.

Grading:

A for Handstand Practice at least 5 to 6 a week - 20 exp ( 1 Dex 2 Str )

for Handstand Practice at least 3 to 4 a week - 15 exp ( 2 Str )

for Handstand Practice at least 2 a week -        10 exp ( 1 Str )

F for all else

giphy.gif

Saitama: 100 gram of protein for an undefeatable hero!

Details: I have been okay with upping my protein and have noticed that for the most part, I can hit 100 g of protein.  So let's make this a challenge!  Let's make sure I consistently hit that protein goal and really fuel my muscles as much as I can.  Since its' still winter, I'm not limiting my carbs just yet, but that will be coming up as an idea for Spring.  For now, let's EAT ALL THE MEAT!!

iStock_000002097262XSmall.jpg

(and eggs...and yogurt...)

Contingencies: None.  I should be able to stuff my face with yogurt and protein bars if I need to and while I don't want to go over my calories too much, I'm NOT cutting.  Thus the daily amount should not scare me.  I need the protein, I need that fuel!

Tracking: I'll be tracking the stretching sessions using MyFitnessPal ( username BlackTezca ) with extra accountability done here.

Grading:

A for 100 g of protein 6 to 7 times a week - 25 exp ( 2 Con 1 Wis)

B for 100 g of protein 4 to 5 times a week - 20 exp ( 2 Con )

C for 100 g of protein 2 to 3 times a week - 15 exp ( 1 Con )

F for all else

tumblr_nyy9ycuGLz1qet0cro1_500.gif

Tastumaki aka Terrible Tornado:  An Esper uses her mind for power...Empower my mind

Details: So as I have planned and mentioned last challenge, I want to start a novel for next year! Though I aim for writing it during NaNoWriMo, I do want to start planning it out using the snow flake method (planning on getting to step 5 here depending).  I also have character portraits to draw and will use this novel for inspiration!  Here are my character portraits to do:

• Theresa (done but have a chibi fun image being worked on)
  • Connor (second protagonist)
  • Human 'cattle' escapee who like an older brother figure to the macguffin
  • The magcuffin character.  May hold cure for 'vampirism'
  • Extra Credit: character portraits for Starpuck and Mrs Feanor peeps.

Let's hope I get far...without stressing out! 

Contingencies: I won't be able to keep track of this too much when I'm on ski trips.  But while I'm not drawing those trips, I can brainstorm my novel and send ideas to myself through email, or save it on a google doc.  Thus still adhering to this quest!

Tracking:  I have an art Tumblr and I also have a DeviantArt (WATCH ME FOR ACCOUNTABILITY).  I shall use those and this thread to keep track.  I shall also post up WIPs of my work on this thread and I will also count ideas and brainstorming I come up with during my daily status.  So ya'll will be here to listen to my ramblings!

Grading:

A for at least 30 minutes 4 to 5 days a week - 25 exp ( 2 Wis 2 Cha )

B for at least 30 minutes 2 to 3 days a week - 15 exp ( 1 Wis 1 Cha )

F for all else

tumblr_nwwljxuKpf1tgx5s7o4_500.gif

Bonus Quest- Speed O Sonic: FASTER FASTER DOWN THE MOUNTAIN!!!

Details: It's ski season!! W00t!  Time to work on my speed, making cleaner turns, stopping more quickly, and just getting braver on the slopes!  This is a seasonal quest and I want to track and reward my efforts for these excursions!  Also, gives me a fun fifth quest too!

Contingencies: I have rented the places, booked hotels, but sickness is always a possibility.  Thus why this is a bonus!  I rather be healthy enough to make it down the blue (or even black) runs, then sick and hurt myself.

Tracking: I'll be tracking the skiing funtimes using MyFitnessPal ( username BlackTezca ) with the workout listed as 'Downhill Skiing' for this thread.  I'll also, of course, be updating this thread with details of my adventures!

Grading:

A for Skiing this challenge! - 10 exp ( 1 Sta)

F for all else

This may look like a lot for the first challenge of the year but at the same time, considering all my quests are in chunks (except for the skiing one which is mostly for funsies) this shouldn't be too bad!  Maybe not one punchable, but surely worthy of an S-class hero such as myself!  Here are some starting fitness measurements:

2016 Fitness Start

Starting Measurements:   

Date: 01/04/2015 @ 6:20 am

Weight: 129

***Body Fat***: 21%
Waist: 23
Waist @ Navel: 23.5
Hips: 34.5

Neck: 12
Chest: 32
Left Bicep: 10.5
Right Thigh: 16
Wrist: 5.5
Forearm: 8.5

I'm really looking forward to a new year with my Nerdfitness peeps and to check out all the changes that have added to the rebellion!  This may look tough, however, challenges are suppose to be tough in order to be fun and make sure we keep pushing out limits.  Not everything can be so easy!  Let's go my fellow Monk folks and KICK SOME ASS!!!  Let's become...

ULTIMATE HEROES!!! (That hopefully won't get bored by being ultimate heroes...)

• Like 8

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

OHAI. Look who's back...back again~...

9d8660d825fa37deddd885586b730b6f.370x277

Back with the Monks :-)   We missed you.

Happy to be back with my monk folk!  Completed the set up of my challenge too, finally!

• Like 2

Spoiler

---

---

---

Looking good!  Liking the grading boundaries and I am gonna pinch the weekly summary part on the second post, cheers :P

• Like 1

Race: Furyan - Class: Assassin

Level 0 | STR 0 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - CON 0 - WIS 0 - CHA 0

Squat: N/A - Deadlift: N/A - Bench Press: N/A - Overhead Press: N/A

Character - 01.17

Quote: "Dum vita est spes est."  "While there is life, there is hope."

Instagram - Twitter - myfitnesspal

Daily Battle Log - Challenge 1 - Challenge 2 Challenge 3 - Challenge 4

Squat: N/A - Deadlift: N/A - Bench Press: N/A - Overhead Press: N/A

AWWWW YEAAAAAH

tumblr_lykiz6CZuV1qbs05mo1_500.gif

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Oh hai thar! :D Here for the craziness and the GIFs, of course :D

ALL THE GIFS!!!  TELL 'EM MR WILES!!

madness.gif

Knock knock!!!

200.gif

I know GIF-madness!!!

That's why i'm here!!!

tumblr_napav1BwiS1tukuhzo1_500.gif

It's BOTH!!!

fun-otter-relaxing-yawn.gif

Getting comfy for this wild ride!

ALL THE GIFS!!!!

Rock_5f8ba6_473926.gif

Looking good!  Liking the grading boundaries and I am gonna pinch the weekly summary part on the second post, cheers :tongue:

Hehe thanks!  And that second post I had pinched from various other peeps too!  Steal away!

AWWWW YEAAAAAH

tumblr_lykiz6CZuV1qbs05mo1_500.gif

*Woot woot*

tumblr_static_like_a_boss_reaction_small

Wooo Muay Thai!  Good luck!

Thanks!  I really love the classes so far and I actually enjoyed learning the clinch!  That was a lot of fun and I hope to keep going to classes more and more regularly :D.

So!  Just to get the year started, here is an Art Summary from last year:

2015_summary_of_art_by_artisticallystran

The one for December is...STILL being worked on but I liked the shading and the improvement overall on that particular face I enjoy drawing.  Hopefully I can finish it this weekend!  We'll see.  I got surprised by my brother, sister-in-law, and new baby niece coming up from California!  So maybe busy for a bit :D.

Spoiler

---

---

---

hello fellow one punch man challenge former! I love that show. like, a lot. a huge lot. in!

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

hello fellow one punch man challenge former! I love that show. like, a lot. a huge lot. in!

It's a fantastic and hilarious show!  And so many gifs to choose from too!!!  HURRAY!!!

f8d.gif

My browser froze seven times getting here to the end where I might be able to post something to say hello.

tumblr_inline_mjw8zw5DzA1qz4rgp.gif

I MISSED YOU SO MUCH NEVER LEAVE AGAIN

My thread does not begin UNTIL I make someone browser freeze.  That is my one eternal goal!

Awww Kishi!  Missed ya too!  And Don't Worry..

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

So my brother got me a new fitbit charge!  Which is pretty cool!  I'm actually interested in seeing how it checks my sleep pattern since perhaps for next challenge I'll do a sleep quest depending on the results.  Tomorrow will be the first day so expect me to post my measurements for the new year and soon a 2016 beginning photo!

I definitely think the last month has impacted me a little bit due to it just being the holidays, so let's get this year going right!

Spoiler

---

---

---

So my brother got me a new fitbit charge!  Which is pretty cool!  I'm actually interested in seeing how it checks my sleep pattern since perhaps for next challenge I'll do a sleep quest depending on the results.  Tomorrow will be the first day so expect me to post my measurements for the new year and soon a 2016 beginning photo!

I definitely think the last month has impacted me a little bit due to it just being the holidays, so let's get this year going right!

I'm really curious to see what practical use you can get out of one of those. So please keep us updated!

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

I'm really curious to see what practical use you can get out of one of those. So please keep us updated!

This. I've been looking askance at Fitbit for a while now. After last night, I once again wonder how much sleep I actually managed to get....

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

I would like that one device to rule them all! You know, monitor yourself, sleep, walking, running, swimming, EVERYTHING!

I'd just be happy to have one that tells me precisely how many calories I burn when I lift...then and the day after...

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

congrats on the fitbit! is it a charge, or the charge hr?

I would like that one device to rule them all! You know, monitor yourself, sleep, walking, running, swimming, EVERYTHING!

I'd just be happy to have one that tells me precisely how many calories I burn when I lift...then and the day after...

so, fitbit doesn't work in the water - no swimming. but everything else it pretty much does, and honestly, when I started to use a HR monitor I discovered that I am 1/2 to 2/3 the number of calories that the arbitrary empirical formulas said I did.... so urgan, it's worth picking up just a HR monitor, if nothing else. I mean, the HR monitors still calculate your calories with empirical formulas, but they're a little more accurate, I think.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I think they call those HAL 9000 :P

so, fitbit doesn't work in the water - no swimming. but everything else it pretty much does, and honestly, when I started to use a HR monitor I discovered that I am 1/2 to 2/3 the number of calories that the arbitrary empirical formulas said I did.... so urgan, it's worth picking up just a HR monitor, if nothing else. I mean, the HR monitors still calculate your calories with empirical formulas, but they're a little more accurate, I think.

I love HR monitors! I got a really cheap one (Polar F4) that incorporates the chest bands that I strap on during exercise. It works remarkably well. Also, it told me I burn more calories than what MFP was guesstimating :D I love having exact numbers ^_^

• Like 1

I would probably kill a man to have such a device be really real.

Brick-Tamland-Throws-Trident-Anchorman.g

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

The latest Jawbone (if it's been released) does swimming and HR, and they have amazing sleep analysis.  Whoever did their data analysis is very good at it.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23