RANGER, DANGER (Hans is going to get fit!)

Hansjay

Hello, people! I am Haniya (pronounced Hun-nee-yah) and I have entered as a ranger to challenge myself. Hopefully, my experiment will help me build my habits and my body.

To be honest, I still can't quite figure out my class but, for now, rangers sit close to me and my objectives of strength and stamina. So, here I am and here I go!

WE all know how our health is the important thing in the world and especially when you've been obese half your childhood. Its hard to get back on the health horse. Really recovering my good healthy self back has been a massive struggle, no less a bumpy roller coaster ride of high and lows. Well, I've been at it for quite a while with the NERDS--actually listening and enjoying the company of the people--thus, naturally, I come running to health, happiness and fittitude!

Well, anyways! I live in Pakistan (south east asia) where carbohydrate is as important and as common as air and I am not joking! OUR DIET AND CUISINE IS JUST FULL OF IT AND EVEN IF YOU TRIED YOU JUST CANT SHAKE IT OFF AND IGNORE IT! BUT. I. WANT. TO. CHANGE. MYSELF. I DON'T WANT TO BE ADDICTED ANYMORE AND THAT'S MY MAIN MISSION HERE!

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY! I will go slow this time and not overwhelm myself as much as I am prone to so I'll just go over the basics of my mission. Cus. I. Can. And. I. Love. To. Sound. Very. Official. So.

OH, SHALL WE MOVE TOWARDS MY BASE OF OPERATIONS?! *drumroll*

OP:1 Take control of the wheel, agent!

As the new agent of SHIELD, it is your duty to physically take care of what you put in your body. Filling in the shoes of Natasha Romanoff is going to be a hard job, recruit, so I suggest you take those shoes seriously and work hard!

*There we go, guys. Big shoes to fill* So, clean eating and portion control is the key. Refined sugar and fried stuff is your ENEMY. IT'S YOUR HYDRA! You must defeat the bad side!

*telegram* Recruit! We are not that cruel, you know, so we are allowing you a two day cheat treat. Aren't we cool?! Of-course, we are, we are SHIELD!

Operation 2: Find the lost Tomb of Rorustan

You want to be the next Lara Croft? You want to go on adventures and move mountains like her, yes? Change the course of time and history like her? Then, you got to train like her! Her strong and Charismatic body took years and years of hard work and perseverance! Can you keep up?

*CanI?*

Journey to the lost tombs, human and bring forth power! 

My objective is to run and do body weight exercises (darebee and skipping rope) 3-4 times in a week with two days rest period.

Walk for 20-30 mins daily.

CAN YOU HEAR THE SPIRITS TALKING? YES! I DO! I CAN HEAR LARA CROFT! MASTER, I CAN HEAR HER WHISPERS FROM THE INSIDE, SPEAKING OUT TO ME (awksslipawaytoyonder)

Operation 3: Bend it like Korra!

Before she was the avatar, Korra knew nothing of her powers and how to control them but with the help of her teachers and peers, she blossomed into the strongest being we know today!

Want to Bend it like Korra? *Heck Yeah*

You have to dedicate some time to your education. Learn and grow like the avatar.

Daily one hour or half an hour max (pomodoro)

Meditate to calm your souls. A clear and tension free mind is a happy mind!

TAI CHI PRACTICE! Watch David Dorian Ross videos and practice along. New videos everyday to build your 103 long form practice. 

Operation, "Be as flexible as Kamala Khan"  

SUPERHERO BY DAY, REGULAR GAMER CHILD BY NIGHT! Balancing your hero and human life takes a lot of work but you have to do this in order for the world to make sense plus, fun time is fun time! So, here are my humanly duties towards a good future

Journal writing, record your day on nerd fitness and support your pals!

*POWER RANGERS, METAMORPHOSIS! Oh, wrong fandom*

Read more books and drink more water!

And, lastly

NEVER GIVE UP!

Speaking of giving up, we all need some kind of push on our behinds, right?

That's why we all need role models, yo?

Driving forces behind our everyday lives. Someone to help us along and pick us up when we are down?

Someone who we want to be?

Inspirations?

I have so many inspirations! Women who have proved to be gigantic and so bad arse--who don't need to be reminded of their worth! Women, both real and fictional, who are amazing enough to inspire a generation of girls to follow their dreams no matter the pressure and cost.

So, so talented, so powerful and so stupendous.

I want to be them and I am honoured to call them my idols.

Lara Croft, Black Widow, Korra, Ellie Goulding, Aveline De Grandpre, Katniss Everdeen, Supergirl.

Black-Widow-the-avengers-30880642-1000-5

1608078.jpg

landscape_nrm_1425481135-ellieniketraini

aveline_de_grandpre_by_avelinegrandpre-d

The-Legend-Of-Korra-Trainer.jpg

hunger-games-mockingjay-2-image-143040.j

c1a7115cbcd7c9f44769b0e86ccf320e.jpg

This forum shall also feature my daily proceeding CUS I AM SO INTERESTING HUEHUEHUEHUESUCHTOOTS,MUCHHORNS,VERYPROUD,NO CHILL.

BUT, SERIOUSLY! THANK you for YOUR precious time! And I might need you guys to help me with this challenge because my focus on them has been very rocky but I am ready to CHANGE MYSELF FOR THE BETTER! I SWEAR ON MY PRETTY LITTLE HANDS THAT I SHALL TRY MY HARDEST!

*CUE RICK ROLL SONG*

• Like 2

Class and Profession: Rangers
Background: 25 year old Nerdling. Here to kick some health......butt?? I need to work on that.

Current Challenge: Hani Gets Back On The Health Choo-Choo

ec5f6da07e9d17371184701120dfe009.jpg

3a9f24969f8d7546902e450f6f00a8d2.jpg

b23eb55f9f861b3934a9b472a509fa6e.jpg

35d9827ea98835d848f696672ec49d64.jpg

f2787e06831c7f733f671b4f7777b9d3.jpg

To type or not type that is the thing my fingers will have to do... Get on with your magic, typing fingers!

Background: 25 year old Nerdling. Here to kick some health......butt?? I need to work on that.

Welcome to the Ranger corps!

Glaaaaad to be here! Any advice?

To type or not type that is the thing my fingers will have to do... Get on with your magic, typing fingers!

Howdy, Hansjay! Your goals look good, and your enthusiasm is crazy contagious! Welcome to the Rangers!

As for advice, I dunno how Ranger-specific this is, but maybe it'll be useful anyway:

• Update your thread regularly. Not only will talking about your progress help you (accountability, yaaay) but we like to hear how you're doing too!
  • Don't beat yourself up if you don't succeed - everyone fails sometimes. Take it as a learning experience, file that information away under your "What Not To Do" file and try a new strategy.
  • Give it your best shot, have fun, and never give up!

:panda:

(Also, I really like those drawings you posted! Nice job :) )

Howdy, Hansjay! Your goals look good, and your enthusiasm is crazy contagious! Welcome to the Rangers!

As for advice, I dunno how Ranger-specific this is, but maybe it'll be useful anyway:

• Update your thread regularly. Not only will talking about your progress help you (accountability, yaaay) but we like to hear how you're doing too!
  • Don't beat yourself up if you don't succeed - everyone fails sometimes. Take it as a learning experience, file that information away under your "What Not To Do" file and try a new strategy.
  • Give it your best shot, have fun, and never give up!
[emoji14]anda:

(Also, I really like those drawings you posted! Nice job :) )

Yeah, well! Excitement is a good thing because I am actually looking forward to this challenge!

Those are some good advices, yes! Especially the not beating yourself over unachievable goals bit! I should definitely remember that.

NAAT AS ASSUM AS THOSE DRAGONS YOU DREW! Skyrim is as proud as the khaleesi, grasshopper.

Shadri gave you some good advice, I'll just add check some other people's threads as well. And explain how you got your awesome title.

Yeah, checking other people out helps a lot! Motivation plus friendly chat equals a full nerd experience!

My member title? Yeah, lieutenant runsworth-- so proud of it too B) I enjoy running actually like really, really! So, it's kind of from there that I got that fancy shmancy name

• Like 1

Has it started yet because I don't know? :0

Yep! The challenge starts today. :)

ERMUHGURD! (Okay but the time zones have me slightly confused)

Question! Can I quit aerobics and switch to strength training at the gym (2 to 3 times in a week?) I have a treadmill at home and some 2 kilo weights plus nike training club?

You know, I don't want to waste my parents money on this because following the class after college is wicked hard. But. It. Did. Help. A. Lot. So. I should man up? Or can I just..... meh

• Like 1

Question! Can I quit aerobics and switch to strength training at the gym (2 to 3 times in a week?) I have a treadmill at home and some 2 kilo weights plus nike training club?

You know, I don't want to waste my parents money on this because following the class after college is wicked hard. But. It. Did. Help. A. Lot. So. I should man up? Or can I just..... meh

Do whatever makes you happy and will help you meet your goals.  Above and beyond that, little else matters!

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Do whatever makes you happy and will help you meet your goals. Above and beyond that, little else matters!

I creyz cus vary emoshuns!

Seriously though, I am fairly new to this whole (like not new-new because I've been at it for 3 years. Just stuck on a plateau or rather have put on 2 kilos beyond it. I would like to think it's muscle but meh) exercise and diet thing so I do that know what's exactly good for me and my dream of having a korra like body (atleast a Melissa Benoist or lara croft)

Character customisation? Where art thou?

So, end of a fruitful Monday! So, let's count our blessings, yes?

Had my reigns under control in Breakfast but fried and a boil egg doesn't really count as such, right? Tea--Of-course, I can't live without. (Brown sugar)

I pretty much stayed away from crisps and all that junk in college except two pieces of offerings, yes. Also, the highlight of the day was the very odd ball game me and my friend, who initially invited me over for a game of ping-pong, ended up playing--it was a very stupid variation of badminton and table tennis. Idk.

A banana and three oranges or so as my fruit intake for the day (if the third orange counts as such because I am eating it now and well over midnight)

And, other highlight was my food; my beautiful plate and bowl of one of my favourite dishes, yakhni pulao with raita yoghurt at lunch but my dinner time constituted of a bowl of sick people food like khichdi (lentils and rice?? I say google the sick liquidy non rice version) with sweet arse coffee! Yum! My mum makes the best coffee, okay. It is because I have tonsillitis, okay?! Not me fault.

Exercise involves me doing three things; nike training club for 30 mins, 5 min walk/jog, jordan yeohs fat burning workout of four minutes. (The last one killed me) and early morning 40 jump ropes

Overall, I am happy with my day! Sweellll, indeed! I got go study now, kay! Byez

• Like 1

Yes, I believe the game we played was close to table tennis but instead the table wasn't of any use to us and the ball rarely touched the ground or just reduced to one bounce as in tennis

*There we go, guys. Big shoes to fill* So, clean eating and portion control is the key. Refined sugar and fried stuff is your ENEMY. IT'S YOUR HYDRA! You must defeat the bad side! 

*telegram* Recruit! We are not that cruel, you know, so we are allowing you a two day cheat treat. Aren't we cool?! Of-course, we are, we are SHIELD!

This made me giggle. I love your writing! And I love how your challenge is like ALL the fandoms! Awesome! 

Cheering you on! :D

• Like 1

Doll | Gargoyle | Ranger | lvl 7th
STR 17, STA 8, CON 14, DEX 2, CHA 7, WIS 4
1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | Current | B L

Main Storyline: Drop 55lbs 06/55lbs

10.9%
4.4%

This made me giggle. I love your writing! And I love how your challenge is like ALL the fandoms! Awesome!

Cheering you on! :D

Couldn't really come up with a story for supergirl. Or. Maybe. I. Just. Procrastinated. That. Yup. I did.

BUH THANK YEW SOW MUCH

• Like 1

Day 2 went great also, I've eaten well, controlled my hunger quite well and stayed away from bad sugar (although, oranges and teas are an exception. I don't use white sugar in them)

Anywhales, I should sleep for an hour or so before I study, people, so I'll make this quick.

Early morning body weight exercise from darebee done (1 set)

5 km run (as told by my treadmill) done (i need an apple watch, dudes) ,

20 min walk/run outside done.

Oranges: 4;

Breakfast done: fried egg, boiled, two toasts and tea

Lunch, done: eggplant vegetable cooked, lentils and half roti.

Dinner: bowl of khichdi. Might eat mortadella slices and sausages. Cus. Still. Hungry. Me. Eat. Sausages. (4) and mortadella also 4.

Like. Yesterday. I'll be studying later at night, yo. So. Howzatt

• Like 2

I NEED A NEW JOURNAL, GUYS!

Keep piling up those good days and results will throw themselves at your feet.

Thank you, sir! I shall try my hardest this time around because I have a goal in my mind that I'd like to achieve. Plus, I have a competition now in my brother (who can knee hop) so i am going to try harder now.

Changing your challenge as needed is totally okay.

Not so much changing, you know? Like, abandoning, per se.

I am not going to take aerobics anymore but I am afraid I might lose the toning that I've had in my body with it.

Day 3:

Urmm, I am still so sore from my 5 km run yesterday! Oooooopppp!

Still, me and my brother did a 30 sec workout session; 30 seconds of tiring fountain climber, frightening pushup planks and jumping jacks (before our workout WAS CUT SHIRT by our uncle. We are a shy lot, okay)

Then, I taught my brother how to jump rope (which was hilarious and scary. I thought he would break his foot or something) then did some myself (100 or close to em)

Breakfast: toast, tea and omelette. Tea again because tonsils.

Snacks: Date (2) and oranges (3), banana

Lunch: Tomato curry and half roti

And because I got hungry; a bowl of corn flakes with full milk.

Well, to be continued because it's just morning.

Tea and cake. Yummy cake. (Garlic mayo fries) MY SISTER GOT IN ART SCHOOL. A VERY GOOD ART SCHOOL!

A true cheat day. Omg omg.

AND THE WEIRDEST THING IS I REALLY DIDN'T ENJOY THE CAKE. IDK! HAVE I LOST THE TASTE FOR IT? IS IT A GOOD THING?

I'll try to fast tomorrow then and I am still clueless about whether I should let aerobics go or just stay with it? I dont find it enjoyable even though it has helped me a lot so it's a bit offuva weird-- maybe, i should do weight training.. KORRA. HAAAALP ME.

I got to study doe because I didn't study yesterday. Haw. BUT I'M SLEEPY! OH NOOO