☆☆☆ Challenge 3 ☆☆☆

• Collapsing to the ground with a thud, I let out a strained sigh, "Why, why did she find me and then let me go? I don't think she even followed..." my stomach growls in agreement. That pack had everything I thought I needed in it. Ideas, notions, even some books and now it is all gone. I ran because I thought I needed to but have instead found myself more lost than before.

Finally I sit up, brush some dirt off my knees, and look at my dirty stone hands. These hands fold into weak fists, drop back packs, and tremble seemingly without reason. For a moment frustration overwhelms me, "What am I doing?" Shame stings me and I shake my head in disbelief. "No, I can't think like that." These hands create, hold others, and grip with intention. They may not be strong but they are mine. •

☆ Main story: Lose 90lbs

Quest 1 Do Something: Physical activity 3x a week

- Last challenge I learned I am a jerk to myself. So to prove I learned something, I have decided to ditch the daily activities and keep it weekly and vague to help accomodate my disabilities and special talent for getting ill. That being said, I do basically nothing so at this point ANYTHING is better than nothing. For fun I made a random exercise bag full of various exercises on folded bits of paper. Keeps things fresh. c:

(09/12 +3STR, 07/12 +2STR, 05/12 +1STR)

☆ 100% earns me $10 towards my Bethesda wishlist

Quest 2 Eat Better: 80/20 Primal and 100g carbs or less

- I love primal eating but tend to suck at the carbs thing. So I'm aiming for 100g or less to help keep that sucker down. I tend to be very all or nothing when it comes to sugars so I am trying to learn balance. We'll see. -crosses fingers-

(25/28 +3CON/+1CHA, 22/28 +2CON/+1CHA, 19/28 +1CON)

☆ 100% earns me $15 towards my Bethesda wishlist

Quest 3 Keep Going Forward: Walk 25miles during this challenge

- Originally I intended to beat my last mileage but then the challenges were changed to 4 weeks so instead I have combined my PVP goals and threw on a few extra miles. More specifically I am trying to assess my mileage so I can better execute this sort of challenge later.

(20/25mi +3STA, 15/25mi +2STA, 10/25mi +1STA)

☆ $.20 per mile towards my Bethesda wishlist

Current stats:

X

☆Motivation:

1. I want to be a good example for my sisters and future children
2. To optimally manage my mental health
3. I want a healthy relationship with food
4. I want to be more comfortable in my skin
5. To be able to better participate in walks, hikes, and other outdoorsy things I once enjoyed
6. To be able to be pregnant safely and have the energy to play with my child (disclaimer: I have jacked up ankles and very literally weak core muscles that don't even activate properly when exercised, so if I got pregnant while being in my current physical condition I likely could render myself immobile)
7. I want to be able to protect myself (maybe rejoin the dojo)
8. To better my chances at having a long and healthy life with my loved ones
9. My husband
10. Myself

• "I am here because I am tired of being held back by my body. I am rough stone seeking polish through trial and doing the work to get to how I want to be is what makes it valuable. I want to fight for myself and those I love and I want that dragon to notice me and tremble." Still exhausted and shaking, I stand up and lift my hands to the sky. 

It's time for a new backpack with new lessons and ideas. If I want different results then I must do things differently. Even if it means starting with nothing but these hands. •

• Like 11

Doll | Gargoyle | Ranger | lvl 7th
STR 17, STA 8, CON 14, DEX 2, CHA 7, WIS 4
1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | Current | B L

Main Storyline: Drop 55lbs 06/55lbs

10.9%
4.4%

Doll's back, and makin' a name for herself around the forums with a new challenge.  Looks good!

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

I love it Doll!  Honestly, the "daily" activity thing was dragging me down BIG time last challenge.  Some days things just don't happen and I don't do well with guilt, so I made myself.  Nope.  Not going that route again.  I'll be following.  Yay for another walking challenge.  

• Like 1

Rangering since Sept 2015

Doll's back, and makin' a name for herself around the forums with a new challenge.  Looks good!

Woo! Thank you! Any and all criticisms are welcome, my gauge for "realistic" is broken -cough- last challenge -cough-

I'm attempting to be a bit more social this go too, but we'll see. >u<

I love it Doll!  Honestly, the "daily" activity thing was dragging me down BIG time last challenge.  Some days things just don't happen and I don't do well with guilt, so I made myself.  Nope.  Not going that route again.  I'll be following.  Yay for another walking challenge.  

Guilt, that noisy jerk. :/ That is a big issue for me as well. Walking I really love so I figure keeping something I enjoy around is a good idea.

What I am particularly looking forward to is the random exercise bag I made. That'll keep things fresh and introduce body weight exercises. Woo variety!

(And of course I am following both of you)

• Like 2

10.9%
4.4%

Woo! Thank you! Any and all criticisms are welcome, my gauge for "realistic" is broken -cough- last challenge -cough-

I'm attempting to be a bit more social this go too, but we'll see. >u<

Welcome to Rangerbrainâ„¢.  Most of us go through the DO ALL THE THINGS, HARDER AND FASTER! phase at one time or another, usually followed by an epiphany that it pays to slow down things to a manage level.  Seems like you've learned that valuable lesson and are moving forward logically.

Social goals are always wonderful too.  We've got quite the Guild full of wonderful and active folks nowadays!

• Like 3

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

What I am particularly looking forward to is the random exercise bag I made. That'll keep things fresh and introduce body weight exercises. Woo variety!

Oh yes, I gave myself a little more breathing room on variety as well.  It is the spice of life after all.  ;)

• Like 1

Rangering since Sept 2015

This looks impressive and since I missed your debut challenge I don't want to miss this one!

Subbing for the well planned awesomeness! Incentives are always good when you complete a goal and Bethesda "gear" is always fun. And saving your hubby for last on your motivation list sounds great. The goal is motivating each other and then you become unstoppable!

Well, you become more unstoppable- sounds like you've achieved that status coming into the new year ;)

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Hi there! I'll be following along again. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

☆☆☆ Challenge 3 ☆☆☆

Quest 1 Do Something: Physical activity 3x a week

- Last challenge I learned I am a jerk to myself. So to prove I learned something, I have decided to ditch the daily activities and keep it weekly and vague to help accomodate my disabilities and special talent for getting ill. That being said, I do basically nothing so at this point ANYTHING is better than nothing. For fun I made a random exercise bag full of various exercises on folded bits of paper. Keeps things fresh. c:

(09/12 +3STR, 07/12 +2STR, 05/12 +1STR)

☆ 100% earns me $10 towards my Bethesda wishlist

Oi6tJtKNThC6I.gif

• Like 1

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Also, I LOVE the random exercises idea! That's so fun! :D

• Like 1

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

You have a really good challenge set down here.

Why thank you, Tank :D

Welcome to Rangerbrainâ„¢.  Most of us go through the DO ALL THE THINGS, HARDER AND FASTER! phase at one time or another, usually followed by an epiphany that it pays to slow down things to a manage level.  Seems like you've learned that valuable lesson and are moving forward logically.

Social goals are always wonderful too.  We've got quite the Guild full of wonderful and active folks nowadays!

Lol. Yeeeeaaahhh mine was more like "surely this isn't too much cause its pitiful" and then it was too much and because I considered it "pitiful" I was a poo to myself. So after an attitude adjustment and darling Rangers setting me straight, my fingers are crossed for luck and I am feeling pretty good about this one.

Oh yes, I gave myself a little more breathing room on variety as well.  It is the spice of life after all.   ;)

Mmm... Cilantro, cumin, lime juice....... ♡ 

Variety was much needed and will hopefully keep things going. 

• Like 2

10.9%
4.4%

This looks impressive and since I missed your debut challenge I don't want to miss this one!

Subbing for the well planned awesomeness! Incentives are always good when you complete a goal and Bethesda "gear" is always fun. And saving your hubby for last on your motivation list sounds great. The goal is motivating each other and then you become unstoppable!

Well, you become more unstoppable- sounds like you've achieved that status coming into the new year ;)

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

-flexes imaginary muscles- Lol thank you! Bethesda has been my fanatic love so I figure that would be a good incentive. I had wanted to do something like that but kept forgetting and then I saw awesome challenges with them and was reinspired. Lots of inspiring challenges this round in particular. :3

Hi there! I'll be following along again. 

:D good to have you!

• Like 2

10.9%
4.4%

Here for more of your awesomeness!

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Here for more of your awesomeness!

Meanwhile I'll be living on your thread cause you're super inspiring to me. >u<

That random exercise bag sounds awesome. Probably not something I'll ever try though. Following along.

Thank you, but why not? c: You determine what they are and all that. What I did was I made 12 slips, 4 walking, 2 squats, 2 pushups, 2 planks, and 2 karate punch/stance combos. Whatever I yank first I definitely do. If I feel up to/want to, I pull another (or more) and do them. But no matter what, if I do the first one, I am successful. 

This gives me variety, cardio, bodyweight, and potential circuit bodyweight. Huzzah! Ramble ramble, just curious. Hopefully not being rude or pushy or anything like that. ♡

• Like 2

10.9%
4.4%

So we shall inspire each other to greatness then Doll. [emoji1]

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Now I know what the random exercise bag means! Cool idea :D

Tagging along to cheer you on! 

(Also I also just watched all of Star Wars before seeing the new one and am as mindblown as you are. I had only seen 1, 2 and snippets of 4/5/6 because my dad and brother would watch them together and I missed out on all the fun. Awesomeawesooooome!)

giphy.gif

Hey Doll! I've seen you around the forums and your enthusiasm is so contagious! So I thought, "I'd better come and take a look at this chick". Your goals look great!

I know what you mean about your challenges not looking like very much to you, but still ending up being too much and feeling pitiful because of it. That was me pretty much all of last year :panda: so I'm right beside you, rooting for you! With enough determination, we can find what works for us and proceed to VICTORY!

(Also, just a note, I wrote this very early in the morning when I couldn't sleep, so I hope it all makes sense... >___> )

• Like 1

I find your lack of Arkona.... disturbing

There, this should keep you going for the entire challenge :D

Oh, this is going to be the unofficial metal hangout challenge for January?  Gotcha.  I'm in too then!

Needs more Dethklok though!

• Like 4