• Weight 159lb
  • Waist 29 1/2"
  • Belly 34 1/2"
  • Hips 38 3/4"
  • Thigh 23"
  • Body Fat 27.05%

tumblr_n8smbzC5nu1tvtp3uo8_1280.jpg

Goals

This time around my theme is centred around Garth Nix's Old Kingdom series. If you haven't read it, go get yourself a copy of Sabriel to start off! It's one of my favourite series. The Abhorsen uses magical bells imbued with Charter Magic and Free Magic to fight Free Magic creatures and the Dead, as well as to travel into Death (the picture above is the first of the Nine Gates of Death - each gate leads deeper and deeper into Death). Each of the bells has a name and a personality, and I realized that these actually lined up pretty well with my goals when I started planning my challenge!

Ranna is the Sleeper, the smallest bell, with a sweet and low sound, who brings sleep to those who hear it.
CON +2

• Bed at 11pm nightly unless out socializing
  • Create a bedtime routine and stick to it

Mosrael is the Waker, a harsh and rowdy bell, who brings dead bodies to life as the wielder falls into Death.
CON +2

• Up at 6-7am unless socializing the night before
  • Create a morning routine and stick to it

Kibeth is the Walker, a difficult and contrary bell of several sounds, which can make others go where you wish. However it is warned to keep this bell firmly encased for it is known to sound on it's own and cause an inexperienced user to walk where they otherwise would not wish to.
DEX +2 STA +2

• I need to do more running, and I also want to walk more. One of the things on my 2016 Roadmap is to work on the Walking To Mordor challenge and walk/run to (at least) Rivendell (458 miles). I’ll keep doing sprints a couple times a week, and on weekends do a longer run of 5k or more, as well as taking at least 1 30 minute walk. I might also sign up for some virtual 5ks!

Dyrim is the Speaker, a musical bell with a clear and pretty tone, who allows speech or makes things mute.
CHA +2

• Post in my challenge thread daily
  • Post in at least one other challenge thread daily
  • Create an Epic Quest thread

Belgaer is the Thinker, a tricksome bell that seeks to ring of its own accord, who allows independent thought for the dead, or erases memories.
WIS +1 CHA +1 CON +1

• Meditate daily - maybe as part of my bedtime routine? I’ve downloaded the 1 Giant Mind app to use

Saraneth is the Binder, the deepest, lowest bell, who forces the listener to the wielder's will.
DEX +2

• Do a yoga class twice a week, and do a session at least once per week at home - maybe incorporate this into either my morning or bedtime routine? (my logic on this one is that there's poses called binds in yoga, so it goes with the Binder)
  • Do daily work with my foam roller, lacrosse ball, and “the stickâ€

Astarael is the Weeper, the largest bell, who throws all who hear it, including the wielder, deep into Death.

• Keep track of an overall score of how I’m doing with banishing bad habits - the ones laid out in my goals and a few other ones, like my habit of coming home from work and not getting anything done!

Mogget%201.jpg

Mogget%202.jpg

Mogget%203.jpg

The Road So Far

Week 1:

• Sleeper: 11pm 6/7; Bedtime routine 7/7
  • Waker: 6-7am 6/6; Morning routine 6/6
  • Walker: Sprint 2/2; 5k 0/1; Walk 1/1
  • Speaker: My challenge 7/7; Others’ challenges 7/7; Epic Quest thread created? - Not yet but started
  • Thinker: Mediate 7/7
  • Binder: Yoga class 2/2; Home yoga 1/1; Mobility work 7/7
  • Weeper: Overall score - Did really well with my goals this week, especially considering all the sickness/headache business later in the week. I have some bad habits to work on, the first one being to set a time limit for computer time after work. A.
  • Feat: Stamina
  • Doodlie Challenge: Strength

Week 2:

• Sleeper: 11pm 6/7; Bedtime routine 7/7
    Waker: 6-7am 7/7; Morning routine /77
    Walker: Sprint 2/2; 5k 0/1; Walk 1/1
    Speaker: My challenge 7/7; Others’ challenges 7/7; Epic Quest thread created? - Yes!
    Thinker: Mediate 7/7
    Binder: Yoga class 2/2; Home yoga 1/1; Mobility work 6/7
    Weeper: Overall score - need to work on bad habits i.e. Get shit done after work and on weekends.
    Feat: Strength
    Doodlie Challenge: Yoga

Week 3:

• Sleeper: 11pm /7; Bedtime routine /7
  • Waker: 6-7am /7; Morning routine /7
  • Walker: Sprint /2; 5k /1; Walk /1
  • Speaker: My challenge /7; Others’ challenges /7; Epic Quest thread created?
  • Thinker: Mediate /7
  • Binder: Yoga class /2; Home yoga /1; Mobility work /7
  • Weeper: Overall score
  • Feat: Rangerly Knowledge
  • Doodlie Challenge: Ingredients

Week 4:

• Sleeper: 11pm 3/7; Bedtime routine 7/7
  • Waker: 6-7am 7/7; Morning routine 7/7
  • Walker: Sprint 2/2; 5k 1/1; Walk 1/1
  • Speaker: My challenge 7/7; Others’ challenges 7/7; Epic Quest thread created? - yes
  • Thinker: Mediate 7/7
  • Binder: Yoga class 2/2; Home yoga 1/1; Mobility work 7/7
  • Weeper: Overall score - still got those bad habits, going to focus on a few for the next challenge. Current challenge goals went really well though!
  • Feat: Agility - changed this because of life happening to be 2 extra home yoga sessions instead of 1 home yoga and 1 yoga class.
  • Doodlie Challenge: Appreciate the Self - Hooo boy. This one was so much with the thinking and the introspection! I realized that in some areas I’m doing pretty well, and in other areas I definitely have Things to Work On. Not sure how to work on them, so that’ll require more thinking. Current status on that is pretty much ARGH *flailing*. Also realized that the song Little Boxes, which came up this week in a totally unrelated-to-NF context, is pretty much my nightmare and I do not want.

Mini Challenge

The Character Sheet
Character Name: Maegs
Alignment: True Neutral
Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Character skills/General knowledge (I'm not sure how to separate these?): Mapmaking, navigation, sailing, research, first aid, knitting, sewing, cooking

Weaponry: Zweihänder

The Feats
Strength Feat: This will depend where I am in my 5/3/1 program when this comes up. But it'll be something along the lines of lift heavier heavy things!

This week is the '1' week of 5/3/1, so I'm not sure what my feat will be. It'll have to happen after Thursday, so we shall see! I'm going to work on some fancy yoga poses that are more of the endurance-strength variety vs brute-force-strength

Agility Feat: Two extra home yoga sessions
Stamina Feat: An extra cardio session

Ranger Class Feat: Rangerly Knowledge of Nature (geology, weather prediction, astronomy including stellar and celestial navigation, knowledge of plantlore)

• Like 9

Following your progress on this one.  We have a few similar goals (creating a bedtime routine and I will be throwing some yoga in as my "fun activity").  Excited to see what works for you and to share in the struggles :)

Thist

Level 1 Human Assassin Warrior Ranger?

Take care of your body, it's the only place you have to live ~ Jim Rohn

Current Challenge

Push Up Progress: 0/7

I love it when people adapt their goals to specific characters in a series.  Always gives a challenge such a unique and wonderful personality!

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Following along.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I've actually read those books!  :)  You did a masterful job of incorporating all of the bells into specific challenge goals.  Like you, I'm working on sleep habits as well as some prehab and foam rolling this challenge.  I can't wait to watch you crush all of these goals.

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Wow! this looks really cool. I like how well the Bells fit with the goals too. I will definitely have to check out that series after I finish the ones I am on.

Anyway, Good luck :D

Thanks!

You definitely should check them out, they're soooo good! :) I'd start with the original trilogy of Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen, and then there's a bunch of short stories and another full length novel that all tie into the events of the trilogy in various ways

Following your progress on this one. We have a few similar goals (creating a bedtime routine and I will be throwing some yoga in as my "fun activity"). Excited to see what works for you and to share in the struggles :)

The bedtime struggle is real! I'm glad I have someone to share it with :)

I love it when people adapt their goals to specific characters in a series. Always gives a challenge such a unique and wonderful personality!

It lined up too perfectly not to do it this time around! And there's even a nice progression of more and more powerful monsters to 'fight' each week! :)

Following your challenge. I previously started a Walk to Misty Mountain with my boys, but am only going to do a neighbourhood walk this time around. Although I haven't added it to my challenge, I have to watch my sleep, food and get some new routines established. All the best! :loyal:

Ooh, once I finish the Walk to Mordor (and back) I'll have to do the Misty Mountain one (in a year or 5, haha, it's a lot of walking!

Following along.

Glad to have you along for the ride!

I've actually read those books! :) You did a masterful job of incorporating all of the bells into specific challenge goals. Like you, I'm working on sleep habits as well as some prehab and foam rolling this challenge. I can't wait to watch you crush all of these goals.

I'm so glad there's someone else who's read them! I'm always surprised they're not better known, they're so good!

So many of us are working on sleep and mobility, it's great to have people for reminders and inspiration to get 'er done! :)

Love seeing a book based challenge!

Following!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*waves* Hiiiiii!!! Is your challenge up yet?!

Sent by carrier pigeon

• Like 1

Wow, these bells sound terrifying. I'm going to have to check out the books. They sound very compelling. Following!

Do itttt, I'm re-reading them right now and they really do stand up to the memories I have of reading them in high school. I'd start with Sabriel for sure, then the other two books in the original trilogy, Lirael and Abhorsen. Then there's a bunch of short stories and a full length novel that all tie in to the events of the original books in different ways :)

Sent by carrier pigeon

• Like 1

Beautiful images, and the books sound great. I like the quote about the path choosing the walker, too -- there's a lot of room for reflection there; about the challenges we all choose and why ...

Following along -- Good luck!

"There are some good things to be said about walking. Not many, but some. Walking takes longer, for example, than any other known form of locomotion except crawling. Thus it stretches time and prolongs life. Life is already too short to waste on speed." Edward Abbey

Ooh, once I finish the Walk to Mordor (and back) I'll have to do the Misty Mountain one (in a year or 5, haha, it's a lot of walking!

Sent by carrier pigeon

I changed the real life distances from the story distances. In real life we could only fit in about an hour and a half's walk max. 2-3 times a week, so that was about 2-3km a walk. So I marked different landmarks off on the Misty Mountain map, and tried to find places that resembled something like the next landmark in real life to go walk at. So if there were caves, I would try to find a rocky hill with caves; Rivendell we did in hometown Sabie with its rivers and waterfalls, etc.

Anyway, eager to follow your challenge and learn more about these books!

Mrs.Van Starting from Scratch 🦸  👱‍♀️

Hello! Following!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Beautiful images, and the books sound great. I like the quote about the path choosing the walker, too -- there's a lot of room for reflection there; about the challenges we all choose and why ...

Following along -- Good luck!

It makes you think, doesn't it!

& thanks! :)

I changed the real life distances from the story distances. In real life we could only fit in about an hour and a half's walk max. 2-3 times a week, so that was about 2-3km a walk. So I marked different landmarks off on the Misty Mountain map, and tried to find places that resembled something like the next landmark in real life to go walk at. So if there were caves, I would try to find a rocky hill with caves; Rivendell we did in hometown Sabie with its rivers and waterfalls, etc.

Anyway, eager to follow your challenge and learn more about these books!

I really like the idea of having real-world locations that match up with the story ones! I think I'll be doing some planning of my own!

Oh, yes, I'm along for the ride again. Couldn't keep me away if you tried.

Yay! I'm glad you're here!

Hello! Following!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Hi! *waves*

Sent by carrier pigeon

• Like 1

This is beautiful, Maegs! I've never read the series but I'm about to download the first one on audible if it's available :)

And even though I haven't read the books, it sounds like you did a masterful job at incorporating everything. I, too, have a sleep goal, so yay! Definitely subbing and making sure to keep up this time.

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

This is beautiful, Maegs! I've never read the series but I'm about to download the first one on audible if it's available :)

And even though I haven't read the books, it sounds like you did a masterful job at incorporating everything. I, too, have a sleep goal, so yay! Definitely subbing and making sure to keep up this time.

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

I think one of the harder parts of this challenge might be making sure not to spoil the books in my write ups! (Which, lbh, is not a bad problem to have :))

And welcome to the who-needs-sleep?!-oh-wait-I-do crew! (I just decided that should be a thing). I'll make sure to check in to see how you're doing!

Sent by carrier pigeon

• Like 4

Day -1:

• Got up kinda early to go do side-project work
  • Got stuff done there but not as much as I had hoped due to getting there a bit later than I had wanted and having to leave a bit earlier, and also being all distracted and unable to focus all day
  • Had dinner out with my parents, my brother, and some family friends and their son, who's a few years younger than me. He was on exchange to Oslo and got back in August, so we talked a lot about his travels, since he went all over Europe, including Iceland and all over Scandinavia, which are high up on my list of places to go next
  • Ate soooo much Greek food while out - dolmadakia, saganaki, kalamari, gyros (with rice and potatoes!), tzatziki, Greek salad, bread and hummus... It's a place that we go to with these particular family friends regularly, and they have such good food, but they give you huge portions. I have half of my main dish (gyros, rice, potatoes, tzatziki) in the fridge for lunch/dinner tomorrow!

tumblr_lwhavc5tPc1qakh43o1_r2_250.gif tumblr_lwhavc5tPc1qakh43o4_r2_250.gif tumblr_lwhavc5tPc1qakh43o6_r2_250.gif

• In bed at 11pm... with my laptop, to get caught up with everyone here! So technically not meeting my goal yet ;) But 12:15am is a big improvement on Friday night (~1:30am) and Thursday night (~3am)
  • I think I've followed and commented on all the posted threads that I wanted to follow/read/comment on, but I know there's some people that haven't posted theirs yet so I'll have to keep an eye out over the next few days
  • Now, time to sleep!

730aede03544739469ee7541fe6dfbe2.gif

• Like 11

Greek food FTW! Sounds like a great day.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hey there! :)

A most awesome challenge maegs, I look forward to following!

Have a most excellent Sunday and let's kick some butt on a new year. ;)

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.