The Great Hall: Ranger General Chatter

Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to the first challenge of 2016, Rangers!  Beware, here there be the usual Rangerly general chat shenanigans!

This thread is endorsed by the OG Ranger himself...

tumblr_ngsc2pgBji1u2p6mro7_500.gif

Aragorn hasn't actually endorsed this thread.  Let's be reasonable now.

See you all around the camp!

• Like 11

[ Level ?? ]  Thunderlord of the Legio Thundaris 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

So excited! First challenge as a Ranger. That and all the changes that are happening.... I'm like buzzing with enthusiasm!

:D welcome to the Rangers! You've just joined a gaggle of helpful, sassy, and super motivating folks hell bent on seeing everyone succeed.

♡Lovable bunch indeed♡

• Like 5

Doll | Gargoyle | Ranger | lvl 7th
STR 17, STA 8, CON 14, DEX 2, CHA 7, WIS 4
1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | Current | B L

Main Storyline: Drop 55lbs 06/55lbs

10.9%
4.4%

Aiming to have the Ranger mini-challenge up tomorrow afternoon.  Keep your eyes peeled!

• Like 10

[ Level ?? ]  Thunderlord of the Legio Thundaris 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

So here we go, so much work to do. searching for a place to store my Assassin's Cloak, seeing how i fit in my new Ranger's uniform!

LOL, like the update on your avatar.

I sit with a conundrum!

1. I discovered the Ranger's Apprentice series of books and from the little bit I had time to read, I would love to work out a story loosely based on this background - basically using the Apprentice part to become a full fledged Ranger...
  2. With Tanktimus' Battle Encouragement speech fresh in my head, I would also love to do my own Ranger Apprentice challenge on that theme!

So which do I choose? I sat until 2am this morning working out something on R.A's and then it's like, but in LOTR the Rangers use swords, but I could bring in the crossbow in both stories (even if it is a bit off)... Decisions, decisions! :playful::pirate:

• Like 4

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I'm here :)

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Back to the rangers for this challenge also :D I've got lots of things to do this year and the versatility of rangers is just what I need to channel!

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Double Post, Fuuu---

tumblr_mqqa3vpVib1s83d1jo1_500.gif

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Rangers gonna Ranger!

• Like 10

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

So here we go, so much work to do. searching for a place to store my Assassin's Cloak, seeing how i fit in my new Ranger's Uniform!

Also a former assassin here! Excited to see how this challenge pans out for us!

• Like 3

Thist

Level 1 Human Assassin Warrior Ranger?

Take care of your body, it's the only place you have to live ~ Jim Rohn

Current Challenge

Push Up Progress: 0/7

Hey Rangers - doing my first challenge with the Rebels but hella excited to hang here too :) Let's get going!

• Like 6

Terror the RollerDino

Gorgon | Level 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/76190-terror-fighting-to-be-chosen/

MAIN QUEST - Make game roster for my Roller Derby league A Team

GOAL 1 - Drink more water| GOAL 2 - At least 2 strength workouts per week (on top of team training)| GOAL 3 - 10 minutes agility, 3 times a week

SIDE QUEST - One date night minimum per month with Hubby (no work!)

Another first time Ranger! I accidentally took a 2-month-break from the forums and have wandered over here from the Adventurers due to a lack of outdoorsy activity on my part - which might be something to conquer some other challenge, right now I'm just trying to get back on track. So, new year, new challenge format, new challenge thread already up - let's rock this!

• Like 3

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1