The Great Hall: Ranger General Chatter

Rurik Harrgath

I think they'll probably put it in the menu bar or announcement box at the top of the site once it's ready.

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Last I heard it wasn't up yet officially.  

That's a bummer. Jan 4 launch was a myth D:

I think they'll probably put it in the menu bar or announcement box at the top of the site once it's ready.

That is what I am hoping for cause I have a talent for missing everything. :P

Doll | Gargoyle | Ranger | lvl 7th
STR 17, STA 8, CON 14, DEX 2, CHA 7, WIS 4
1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | Current | B L

Main Storyline: Drop 55lbs 06/55lbs

10.9%
4.4%

D_R posted his link somewhere... his challenge maybe?

Didn't blow my mind.  Probably won't be bothering, personally.  Don't let that deter the rest of you for giving it a try!

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Aha!  I found mine.  If you have an Academy login, you can get to it that way.  I have no idea how to link to it though.  It shows my Level for the Academy, but then there is an EQ (Epic Quest) Level as well.  Not sure if I will use this system or not.  Might depend on how it translates over to the forums.  I sort of liked the old RPG style leveling and had sort of hoped they'd automated that.

• Like 1

Rangering since Sept 2015

Aha!  I found mine.  If you have an Academy login, you can get to it that way.  I have no idea how to link to it though.  It shows my Level for the Academy, but then there is an EQ (Epic Quest) Level as well.  Not sure if I will use this system or not.  Might depend on how it translates over to the forums.  I sort of liked the old RPG style leveling and had sort of hoped they'd automated that.

It might be almost done and just not out yet.

D_R posted his link somewhere... his challenge maybe?

Didn't blow my mind.  Probably won't be bothering, personally.  Don't let that deter the rest of you for giving it a try!

I messed around with it before I was aware that they didn't want people to do so yet.  Honestly, for me the only useful aspect of it would be to apply it as a checklist of achievements I'd like to reach over the year.  But I'm not sure that it's worth the bother, when I can just keep a checklist on google docs or something like that.  

I'm glad that the character creation won't or shouldn't be affecting the way things are done in the forums.  

• Like 4

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Thanks so much :) does anyone have suggestions when it comes to getting more involved with the forums and making online buddies lol

As someone who is new and has had a good amount of response.

Post in this thread, link to your challenge and anything else relevant for more exposure.

Most of all post on other threads in the challenge.

• Like 3

OCEAN RANGER

Current Challenge

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

Thanks so much :) does anyone have suggestions when it comes to getting more involved with the forums and making online buddies lol

All that and you could also consider joining an Accountability group. If you find a group with similar interests you'll have the opportunity to support others and you'll get the support back ten-fold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Awesome thanks guys :) will figure out how to link my blog etc. When I am home on my computer.

One other suggestion (the others that were posted were all really good) try to follow and comment on a couple of "less traveled" threads. I think sometimes we tend to cluster a lot on some popular, fun threads...but there's cool stuff and interesting people all over the forum.

• Like 5

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I messed around with it before I was aware that they didn't want people to do so yet.  Honestly, for me the only useful aspect of it would be to apply it as a checklist of achievements I'd like to reach over the year.  But I'm not sure that it's worth the bother, when I can just keep a checklist on google docs or something like that.  

I'm glad that the character creation won't or shouldn't be affecting the way things are done in the forums.  

Same here. Now, if they turned it into a better habitRPG, that would be awesome :D

• Like 3

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I know it's only day 2, but i just wanted to point out that the atmosphere here over at the Rangers is FANTASTIC!!!

ba5decc973c6aacd123cf1e62a39598d.jpg

"I've been longing to workout for a couple of days now,

the Steel seems to be calling my name.

My body is becoming a mere tool, a means to an end.

The end is ever-changing,

with every bit of knowledge gained.

With every encouragement given and received,

every victory shared.

We WILL become the best version of ourselves!"

• Like 8

... a little odd in the head ...

Thanks for posting that, D_R!

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I was drafted 66th overall, in the 9th round, 2nd pick for a fantasy Quidditch tournament coming up next weekend. THEN, the next day is tryouts for the LoneStar Quidditch Club :)

I'll take as many photos and vids as my phone will allow that weekend to bring you guys in on the action. More to come here.

Wolf

• Like 11

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Thanks for posting that, D_R!

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I was drafted 66th overall, in the 9th round, 2nd pick for a fantasy Quidditch tournament coming up next weekend. THEN, the next day is tryouts for the LoneStar Quidditch Club :)

I'll take as many photos and vids as my phone will allow that weekend to bring you guys in on the action. More to come here.

Wolf

That is so freaking cool!  Congrats!!  Makes me want to start looking for a Quidditch league near me....

• Like 1

Level 9 Ravenclaw Adventurer

STR 17.25 | DEX 12 | STA 20.75 | CON 34.75 | WIS 22 | CHA 14.75
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
PREVIOUS CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 CURRENT: TBA

Got my challenge up and going, now to find a few to follow and be social with.

That's not gonna be any problem, i have subbed a few, now the last couple of days my mailbox keeps exploding with notifications, it's just insane, like a couple of hundred everyday! I'm waiting on mail from the gmail crew, asking WTH i'm doing.

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

That's not gonna be any problem, i have subbed a few, now the last couple of days my mailbox keeps exploding with notifications, it's just insane, like a couple of hundred everyday! I'm waiting on mail from the gmail crew, asking WTH i'm doing.

Following via Tapatalk automatically enables e-mail notifications with every update. When using a computer, pressing the "Follow" button has a window pop up. Uncheck the box before confirmation and voila!

• Like 1

One other suggestion (the others that were posted were all really good) try to follow and comment on a couple of "less traveled" threads. I think sometimes we tend to cluster a lot on some popular, fun threads...but there's cool stuff and interesting people all over the forum.

This is solid advice.  Everyone needs some support and accountability, no matter how popular!

We were all newbies once upon a time.  :)

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Following via Tapatalk automatically enables e-mail notifications with every update. When using a computer, pressing the "Follow" button has a window pop up. Uncheck the box before confirmation and voila!

I think this must be configurable because I almost exclusively use tapatalk bit only get emails when people like or quote me (I'm vain like that). I can't remember past the beginning of last week to tell you how I set it up though.

(or it might have been a forum profile setting)

"I knew he was bluffing"

• Like 1

I think this must be configurable because I almost exclusively use tapatalk bit only get emails when people like or quote me (I'm vain like that). I can't remember past the beginning of last week to tell you how I set it up though.

(or it might have been a forum profile setting)

From a web browser, go to to "My Settings > Notification Options" and you can choose the content you want email notifications for.  Not sure how to do it from Tapatalk, though.  

• Like 1

Level 9 Ravenclaw Adventurer

STR 17.25 | DEX 12 | STA 20.75 | CON 34.75 | WIS 22 | CHA 14.75
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
PREVIOUS CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 CURRENT: TBA