The Phelps Papers #1

Reed Meadow

"Fair Lady... Gracious Gentlemen! A servant begs your pardon for your time... BUT! There is much to tell..."

post-42432-0-45591500-1451722039_thumb.j

I am JollyOldMrPhelps and this is my first challenge.

My journey begins here, after hitting rock bottom, to become the romantic hero I worship with jealous eyes.

I am only a mere young weakling who is dull and miserable...

BUT! Through determination and bravery I will fight my way to become a true gentleman!

You might be wondering, "How does one begin such a daring task?"

I think this might be a good start...

post-42432-0-18986500-1451722128_thumb.j

-Main Quest: Become a functional human being.

-Quest 1: Fighting Fit

Exercise every other day:

- Complete my kettlebell workout thrice a week (with warm up and cool down)

- If fed up- Walk around the block

-Quest 2: Healthy Eating

Improve my diet: Small changes, two weeks at a time:

- 2 weeks to get rid of fizzy pops for water and tea and start eating breakfasts

- 2 weeks to start eating vegetables and get rid of pasta

-Quest 3: Dreaming Sweetly

Develop healthy sleeping habits:

- Have a 11pm-7am bed schedule

- iPad off by 10:30pm- allow to get ready for the next day

-LIFE QUEST: AVOID AVOIDANCE AT ALL COST!

Bite the bullet... Return to normality!

Motivation:

post-42432-0-24959100-1451722191_thumb.j

Like a Sir,

JollyOldMrPhelps 🎩

• Like 5

"Avoid avoidance" makes me laugh. Well played, sir.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Since this looks like your first challenge, I would like to offer some words of advice.

Seek out and follow other newbies here on the forums and offer your support and encouragement. Having a strong group of people who are there to offer advice and a friendly ear as you do your first challenge will help ensure that it will be a success. Though from a quick scan it looks like you have already been quite active in the forums, well done!!!

Have a great challenge!

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

I also have a cut back on soda goal! It can be a tough one. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Functioning is scary!

Thank you for your concern, just went in a jog to clear my head and that with your reply has made me feel better :)

You've got this!! =)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Moonkin 

Race: Dryad Class: Druid 

Challenges:            

Battle Log: 

Character:  https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/44134

"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour"

Drawing from my experience with depression/anxiety and exercise...mind your limits and learn when to do less. Going at my normal level left me exhausted in bed by 5pm with no desire to do anything...eat, read, or mindlessly watch TV, anything. But that doesn't necessarily mean that will be the case for you, if it is though, maybe you can catch it quicker than I did! It took me a while to figure out unfortunately! And exercise has similar...symptoms...as anxiety. That's something I haven't quite figure out how to apply yet sadly.

Don't brashly avoid avoidance! There's a time and place to avoid avoiding avoidance. Some avoidance is necessary to be successful! Much like flying is the avoidance of falling.

• Like 2

Werewolf Druid | Lvl 2

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Character Sheet (work in progress)

My Current Challenge

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

It's time to toss the dice.

Hi JollyOldMrPhelps, Welcome to the Rebellion!

Kettlebells cure everything :)  Swinging the 'bells is my sanity time.

I'm glad to see another Rebel who enjoys playing with cannonballs.  We have a little kettlebell group you may be interested in checking out, Killing it With Kettlebells.  We post vids and just in general support each other.

Your challenge goals look very good choices for this first challenge and really should be achievable.

As you can see by my avatar,  I'm one of the Assassin ambassadors.  Let me offer you an official invite to come on over and check us out.

Here is the Den, where all the Assassins hang out and support each other.  The Assassin Phonebook is a cool place that we keep updated with who is working on what.  You can check out their threads or ask questions.

Here is the Assassins' Scullery food chat thread.  It is full of good Paleo, Primal and conventional recipes.  This may give you an idea or two for your cooking quest.

And probably most importantly, here is the Assassin Initiates chat thread where you can learn more about the Assassins and find answers to any questions you may have.

I'll be following along with your challenge, I'm really looking forward to seeing your successes.

Happy Day 1   :)

• Like 1

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

What part of the challenge is the stressor?  Maybe we can rework the plan and break something down into smaller steps.

Instead of "Exercise every other day", maybe "Exercise once every two to three days".  This way you can shoot for every other day, and still have a safety valve for those days where you just can't get it done.

If you have missed an exercise day, or a cutoff time for turning off the iPad, that is ok.  It is a speed bump, not a failure.  You are still here and you are still interested in achieving your goals, that is a major positive. Try (I know it can be hard) to take off days in stride and look to tomorrow.  When I first started my journey towards getting fit, it would take me forever to do the first squat of the beginner body weight workout.  I pretty much always tried to talk myself out of workouts.  I am soooo happy that the workouts usually won those arguments.  Once I did that first squat, the rest of the workout came much easier.  To this day I start every workout with some sort of squat variation.

Log all of your workouts.  Just a notebook with sets/reps/weight and notes on things that special about that workout.  Looking back at my old logs is a real motivator for me.  I am always surprised when I start to feel that I'm not making much progress and look back at a log and see just how far I've come.

Shoot me an IM if you would like, I am here to help.

• Like 1

jrosto & Countess D'If gave you some really great ideas. 

How are you doing today?

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Well... I am afraid to admit... This challenging is more than I can bare, breaking me down only three days doing it when I thought I was making such great progress with my depression...

I am in desperate help of figuring how to redeem myself...

What happens now?

What happens now? What do you want to happen? Don't for a second think you need to redeem yourself. Start at your save point!

If you want to share what happened, I'm sure we'd all love to listen. Don't be afraid of seeming ridiculous...I flipped out doing taichi today.

Much love.

• Like 1

Werewolf Druid | Lvl 2

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Character Sheet (work in progress)

My Current Challenge

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

It's time to toss the dice.

Hey JollyOldMrPhelps;  I'm just checking in to see how things are going.  The first week of your first challenge and be daunting, and we have all gone through it.

Stop in and let us know how you are doing.

Swing those kettlebells my friend.  10 sets of 10 swings makes everything better :)