MR_Willes: "The Dawn of a New Era"

Mr_Willes

"The Dawn of a New Era"

So i had settled myself at the Assassins. First challenge after my recruit challenges locked me in with the Assassins. People are great, mini-challenges are of the chart. Other rebels there were starting to grow on me like family. But i felt something was missing. I had been doing some lifting for the first couple of challenges and the last couple of challenges. There aren't a lot of Assassins who are lifting. So i started wondering if i should join up with the Warriors or Rangers for next challenge.

Than i overheard one of the Ranger Chaplains talking about how a lot of Rangers were lifting. That was it, that moment i decided to join the ranks of the Rangers for this challenge. And it's not only gonna be this challenge, but for the next challenges. Especially now with the 4 week format. I'm really curious to see how this unfolds, but if i had to choose i would rather make it a longer challenge, instead of shortening it. So now i'm thinking about doing 2 part challenges, first part set out goals. After the first 4WC tinker where needed and finish off the second challenge. Since i cut my last challenge short at week 5 and inserted another challenge (which ends today) i haven't had much time of prepping. Also the boards not being up didn't help much.

As with other former challenges i had a short time before the challenge starts i suddenly get struck with and idea to create my challenge around. As it did this time. Tank's Bravestarr challenge got me into watching a YouTube video about 80's cartoons. Since i was born in 1980 this brought back a lot of memories. I watched a lot of television in my youth. Last night i was high on PWO and couldn't sleep and all things came together. I already knew which goals i wanted to work on, and now a theme which fitted in quite nicely. Since i wasn't able to sleep, i created the whole Challenge in my head. Since this is my first challenge at the Rangers i think it's appropriate to start with a little introduction.

Introduction

Why do i do this? I hate introductions... Nonetheless here goes. I'm a 35 year old working dad of 2 kids (boy of 5 and girl of 3) and have a wife and dog living in a small house in Belgium. I moved from Holland to Belguim about 10 years ago. I work as a system adminsitrator/network adminstrator at a mental institution, (yes i only work there). I drive a motorcycle and go to doggy school with the dog (just started doing agility at the moment). I have always been a rather chubby boy. 2013 i did a lot Intermittent fasting, with great results in lowering my BF%. I also did pick up on working out. At the end of 2014 i wasn't quite the most healthiest, but i was in shape. Then i joined the Rebellion. I think it's great. It helps me get motivated and i think it's a truly great gathering of people. Summertime had me build up some extra BF and my last challenge which didn't went all that well, had me built up some more, than the holidays hit. So now i'm about 7 kg heavier than my all time low in march 2015. My main quest set out for the first half of 2016 is lowering BF% (Tiamat!)

My theme for this challenge (and probably the next one or two) is gonna be:

Dungeons and Dragons

ddcartoonopen.jpg

Goals will be represented by the Protagonists:

Exercise goals:
Hank the Ranger: Grouplessons and Running (dark green)
Bobby the barbarian: Lifting (light brown)

Dietary goals:
Presto the magician: Healthy choices (light green)
Sheila the Thief: Mindful drinking (purple)
Eric the Cavalier: NO bingeing (yellow)

Life goal:
Sheila the Acrobat: do an extra weekly chore (dark brown)

Milestones will be represented by the Antagonists:

Milestones:
Shadow demon: tracking weight/measurements/mfp (grey) 
Venger: weight (black)
Tiamat: BF% (Red)

Hank the Ranger (Grouplessons and Running)

magic_bow.png

"Hank is a ranger, with a magical bow that shoots arrows of glowing energy."

A combination of grouplessons and running for a total of 3 instances per week. Either 2 grouplessons and 1 time running, or 2 times running and 1 grouplesson.
Throughout the challenge one of these workouts may be skipped. Every full workout gives 91 points (x 11) for a total of 1001 points.

Bobby the Barbarian (lifting):

Bobby.jpg

"Bobby carries a magical club, which he regularly uses to trigger earthquakes or dislodge rocks when he strikes the ground."

Follow the enhanced Stronglifts 3 days a week for a total of 12 sessions throughout the Challenge.
One workout may be skipped. 11 full workout at 91 points a workout for a total of 1001 points.

Presto the Magician (Healthy choices):

presto_hat.jpg

"He is able to pull an endless succession of various tools from his magical hat, but often these will be, or appear to be, of little use.
There are also numerous instances when Presto will draw from his hat precisely what is needed in order to save all of his friends."

Diet is 80% of the formula (or so i'm told), so before every meal, look at the options, and make a healthy choice. Most impact will be lunch and dinner (since i don't do much for breakfast). So that's 2 times a day, 28 days, equals to 56 times of evaluation. I know there are gonna be slip ups here, so i'm aiming for about 90% here. For every healthy meal i will receive 20 points for a total of a 1000 points throughout the challenge. This leaves me to 6 meals i can F.U. or 1,5 every week. That would be reasonable.

Sheila the Thief (Mindfull drinking):

sheila_cloak_of_invisibility.jpg

"As the thief, Sheila has a magical cloak which, when the hood is raised over her head, makes her invisible.
Although Sheila is often shy and nervous with a deep-seated fear of loneliness, she will always display bravery when her friends are in trouble"

Drinking game is seriously getting on point, i only drink nowadays on real special occasions, not just every special occasion. Since it's on point, and i already left some wiggle room in it by definition, this has to be on point every day for the upcoming 4 weeks. If a day is special enough to have a drink i will write down why it is. If i slip up i will write down why i slipped up. If it's a mindful reason i will allow it, if it's not, no points. 4 Weeks is 28 days. 28 days to get a progress bar to 100% is about 3.6% a day.

Eric the Cavalier (NO Bingeing):

eric_cavalier_shield.png 

"Despite his cowardice and reluctance, Eric has a well-hidden heroic core, and frequently saves his friends from danger with his magical shield, which can project a force field."

When it's good, it's good. And i can eat A LOT! Seriously! All the high KCAL stuff, i like it, i love it, IN LARGE QUANTITIES preferably.

Use some sort of portion control. If it's good, just take a large portion and leave it there. No second (usually also) large portion.

If i don't write this stuff down, i let it slip once or twice and before you know it, i will have an excess of a 1000 KCAL a day for a few days!

Stating my quest so that this never happens, no wiggle room here. NO SECONDS! 4 Weeks is 28 days. 28 days to get a progress bar to 100% is about 3.6% a day.

Diana the Acrobat (Do an extra weekly chore):

diana_acrobat_javelin.jpg 

"She is an acrobat, and an outspoken and tomboyish member of the group. She carries a magic staff which can shift in length from as short as a few inches

to be easily carried on her person to as long as six feet, and which she uses as a weapon or as an aid in various acrobatic moves."

Simple and easy, every week do an extra chore. There is plenty of stuff that needs to be done. It has to be an extra chore, not something i do every week anyway. 25% per week if achieved.

• Like 13

... a little odd in the head ...

Challenge Overview (week 4 day 2):

Exercise goals:
Hank the Ranger: Grouplessons and Running / 3 times a week for 9.1% (9/11)
81.9%
81.9%
Bobby the Barbarian: Lifting / 3 times a week for 9.1% (12/11)
109%
109%

Dietary goals:
Presto the Magician: Healthy choices / everyday for 4% (24/25)
96%
96%
Sheila the Thief: Mindful drinking / everyday for 3.6% (26/28)
93.6%
93.6%
Eric the Cavalier: NO bingeing / everyday for 3.6% (26/28)
93.6%
93.6%

Life goal:
Sheila the Acrobat: do an extra weekly chore / once a week for 25% (1,5 /4)
87.5%
87.5%

Milestones:
Venger: Bodyweight from 77,5 to 70 at 1.33%/0.1kg (7/75)
9.31%
9.31%
TIAMAT: Bodyfatpercentage from 22% to 15%
0%
0%
  • Like 2

Glad to have you, mr_willes.  Looking forward to your first Rangerly challenge!

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Welcome aboard the Rangertrain!

Where the only gear is forward an the only speed is FASTER!

• Like 5

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to the Rangers! We always happy to have another wayward assassin... Er, I mean, mud-running ranger in our ranks. Have fun and stay as long as you like. There's plenty of room around the campfire!

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Welcome aboard the Rangertrain!

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to crunching some goals with you mighty fine people!

Feels like this weekend before the actual challenge is somewhat like a preworkout, thus hoping it will be like:

giphy.gif

Former assassin here too! I'm excited to see how your challenge unfolds. Also the new format should be super interesting!

Yeah the challenge needs some finetuning, but i'll get to that next couple of days. Still got some things to do for the assassins. Want to leave things nice and tidy before i start here.

Ha! Found you! Following~

Aaaah, glad you found me, now i have to go lucking for you! (amongst some others) VERY glad to have ya aboard Urgan!

Where the only gear is forward an the only speed is FASTER!

Thanks Tanktimus, you and Rurik really have a way with words that makes me very jealous! Saw we have a lot in common on goals, will be checking in on you regularly to see how things are going!

Welcome to the Rangers! We always happy to have another wayward assassin... Er, I mean, mud-running ranger in our ranks. Have fun and stay as long as you like. There's plenty of room around the campfire!

Thanx for the welcome Shadowlion, for the last couple of days i have been lurking around the Rangers, this seems like a mighty fine bunch of people to Challenge with. I understand there are a lot of wayward Assassins here. Since i'm someone who doesn't really leave a good home, i have stayed at the safety of the Assassins guild for quite some time. One of my main quests is to do a challenge in every guild. When i heard a lot of Rangers were doing lifting in combination with other stuff like running, it kinda hit me, that this would be the perfect place to go to. Something in the back of my mind tells me i'm gonna feel quite at home here, and a gut feeling tells me it could be even more than that!

• Like 6

As a fellow "assassin-turned-ranger" I welcome you with open arms. Subbing :)

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Great to have you aboard Wolf!

I will be on the lookout for your challenge, you come highly recommended!!! ;)

Well, shucks! I hope I don't disappoint :)

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Looks like you and Elize will have me crossing guild lines! You are always a Must follow!

The reason we let so many Assassins in is that they think they are infiltrating but they almost always go native :D

• Like 6

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Well, shucks! I hope I don't disappoint :)

Wolf

Don't think that's gonna be a problem! Even when a challenge doesn't go the way it should there is almost always a valuable lesson. Maybe it's even the other way around, i learned most from my miserably failed challenges...

On the other hand i have got all faith in you in doing fantastic on a challenge!

Looks like you and Elize will have me crossing guild lines! You are always a Must follow!

Thanx for the kind words! I'm really looking forward to your OCR prep. We have to pick a date but there is a reasonable chance we are going to do the Strong Vikings Hills edition:

You're on the to-follow list. I'm in.

Glad to have you aboard! We are gonna make it one hell of a ride!

The reason we let so many Assassins in is that they think they are infiltrating but they almost always go native :D

ec8b47d56535c9d7b4cc3aa068943e7b001f3fbd

And i want to "tank" you Tank.

Yesterday while i was trying to sleep but my mind on PreWorkOut went:

Dat+moment+_53b157_4870129.jpg

I got the greatest idea for a theme for my challenge. Which i will be probably using the next couple of challenges.

Some stuff like all the good characters representing a goal. Dungeon master will be represented by all you fine people already subbed to my thread aiding me on my quests and giving me advice when needed. And the bad guys representing the milestones i want to conquer!

Dungeons_and_Dragons_DVD_boxset_art.jpg

Can't wait to write it up! But first some Social obligations.

• Like 4

rangers - assassins - it's all just rooms in one big house that is home, right? Will be following with keen eyes as always :)

Go rock it, Willes!!

• Like 4

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

rangers - assassins - it's all just rooms in one big house that is home, right? Will be following with keen eyes as always :)

Go rock it, Willes!!

That's why neither guild gets bent out of shape when someone goes from one to the other.

• Like 5

Go rock it, Willes!!

As i also saw when ambassadoring for the assassins, people have trouble choosing between the assassins and rangers. A lot of similarities. Thanx for the sub, all accountability is appreciated! We are so gonna

tumblr_mfndjq0do31rn0vh6o1_250.gif?w=780

This!!! (i know corny and i already used it a couple of times, but it still cracks me up)

Welcome aboard! I'm looking forward to seeing your theme :)

Since i also want some quality time with the wife i have updated a large part of my opening post, it's not quite finished but it's getting there. Thanx for checking in on me!

• Like 5

Check in of today. This morning ran 8k with my eldest (who was on his bike). Went to a New Years celebration thingy, again no beer (which was hard because I was offered multiple times). Soup with some bread for dinner! Great day for getting back into shape.

And like I said my opening post got updated!!!!!

• Like 10