Tolsimir IV: Finding the force

Tolsimir

Hello Rangers! Pleased to meet you. For this Challenge, I'm storing my adventuring gear in the closet and donning an all new Ranger suit. Time to get my head out of the clouds, stop fiddling about and get some structure going. 

In this first challenge of 2016, I must re find the force, find the drive, my motivation, to resist temptation, to improve myself every day, to be fitter/healthier/hotter once again! 

Reasons for a Star Wars theme:

1. For obvious reasons (being the new film)

2. For obvious reasons (re-binge-watching all films, being all starry-eyed and re-inspired, recognising the goodness and the Be A Hero Every Day and the resisting the temptations of the Dark Side and the Desire to Be Good and so on and so forth).

1. Training the Jedi mind

Plan! Study! Learn!

My long time dream is starting next week: I'm doing my Masters at University, starting 4th of January.

Hoping the force is with me, I will try work as hard as I possibly can to achieve good grades and learn as much as there is to learn. Tracking this is easy: I have a bunch of articles to read before every lecture.

giphy.gif

2. Crossing Jakku

Run like Rey! 

star13-1450304658.gif

3. Eliminate temptations to the Dark Side

Splitting this up.

In week I, I will define my weaknesses.

In week II, I shall pay attention to my feelings, created when the Dark Side pulls me to my temptations.

I shall resist temptations and be mindful about them. In week III and IV, I keep this going. 

giphy.gif

To resist temptations, I will use the mindfulness cycle whenever I open a cupboard, looking for a tasty-but-not-healthy snack. In week I, I will answer these questions:

MINDFULNESS CYCLE

Why?

Why do I eat? Or in other words, what is driving my eating cycle at any given time?

When?

When do I feel like eating? When do I think about eating? When do I decide to eat?

What?

What do I eat? What do I choose from all the available options?

How?

How do I eat? How, specifically, do I get the food I’ve chosen into my body?

How Much?

How much do I eat? How much fuel do I consume?

Where?

Where do I invest the energy I consume? Where does the fuel I’ve consumed go?

GOAL TRACKING:

WEEK I

Training the Jedi Mind

Articles read: [0/10]

Crossing Jakku [0/3]

W1W1

W1W2

W1W3

Resist Temptations: a mindful eating log [0/7]

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thu

Fri

Sat

Sun

WEEK II

Training the Jedi Mind 

Articles read:

Crossing Jakku

W1W1

W1W2

W1W3

Resist Temptations: a mindful eating log

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thu

Fri

Sat

Sun

WEEK III

Training the Jedi Mind

Articles read:

Crossing Jakku

W1W1

W1W2

W1W3

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thu

Fri

Sat

Sun

WEEK IV

Training the Jedi Mind

Articles read:

Crossing Jakku

W1W1

W1W2

W1W3

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thu

Fri

Sat

Sun

End score based on: 

1. Training the Jedi mind: week (I+II+III+IV+results exam 1+results exam 2)/6 = END SCORE

2. Crossing Jakku  (I+II+III+IV)/4 = END SCORE

3. Resist temptations  (I+II+III+IV)/4 = END SCORE

MTFBWY.

• Like 11

LOVE THE THEME!!!! Following along Tolsi!

• Like 2

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"  - Conan

Quests

Nice theme, great goals! Like the questions for snacking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 6 Ranger

Current Challenge - Scrubs!

Previous Challenges - Theme-Free LazinessMedieval MarginaliaBrandon Sanderson's Way of Kings Theme - AgainWay of Kings 1Top Gear ThemeStargate SG:1 themeIron Druid theme!

2016 Battle Log (Long term goal tracking)

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you do this challenge :)

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Goes Beyond: Plus Ultra!

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46

Definitely following around for a new Jedi in our midst.  ;)

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Fancy seeing you here! Will your Challenge be up soon? :)

Just went up, it's in my signature :)

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Goes Beyond: Plus Ultra!

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46

Last night's tip of the boyfriend to "try and run before breakfast. You'll run on your reserves, but you have enough of those" was met only by a skeptic frown. Regardless, in the morning I gave it a try ~ and it was fine! It's the start of the Zombies, Run! c25k - A bit too easy, with a start-stop 15secs run, 1 minute walk making me cold rather than feeling like I had a proper work out. Still, it was good to be out. In the ten minutes free form I gave it a good shot on some longer runs, but the start-stop was in my system now. Altogether I did a 3,5km run. Meh :) 

Time for some tinkering on my bike, so I can cycle to uni!

Tomorrow night I'll pick up rugby practice at the new club again.

I moved recently - and though I really want to finish the season with my old club 2 hrs away, I also want to get to know the ladies that I'll be playing with next season. So far I've done one training there and absolutely loved it, but December was busy and stressful, so I stalled practice until January. A bit nervous, as I haven't had much practice, but the team was so positive and motivated last time that I'm sure I'll have a great time with them once I feel comfortable with this new environment. 

Aaaaah 2016. Here's to fresh starts.

• Like 2

LDBXWQShDyzE4.gif

Stalking mode enabled

That makes me feel safe and protected. Thank you Rab <4

Good luck Tolsi!

tumblr_inline_mv5e8h77Kv1qfjr2k.gif

Thank you Terah! :D Fun times are ahead.

LOVE THE THEME!!!! Following along Tolsi!

Thank youuu! :)

Nice theme, great goals! Like the questions for snacking!

I ran into them and immediately decided to add those questions. I've done it before a few years back and it helped me get more mindful about what I eat. Sadly, it's been ages and I don't remember a thing of these things! Slipped to the dark side, I have. Time to question the cravings. 

Definitely following around for a new Jedi in our midst.  ;)

Hurray! :D

Interesting challenge. I'll be following along.

I'll be sneaking in and out of your thread too, fellow cyclist!

• Like 1

So far I've done one training there and absolutely loved it

That's great to hear! I hope you'll have lots of fun with those lady's :)

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Last night's tip of the boyfriend to "try and run before breakfast. You'll run on your reserves, but you have enough of those" was met only by a skeptic frown. Regardless, in the morning I gave it a try ~ and it was fine! It's the start of the Zombies, Run! c25k - A bit too easy, with a start-stop 15secs run, 1 minute walk making me cold rather than feeling like I had a proper work out. Still, it was good to be out. In the ten minutes free form I gave it a good shot on some longer runs, but the start-stop was in my system now. Altogether I did a 3,5km run. Meh :)

I am really digging the zombies run c25K so far and it got me to a 4 k already on a good day :D

*waves his light sabre around*

Totally a euphemism.

vemrinsdick.jpg

• Like 3

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

That's great to hear! I hope you'll have lots of fun with those lady's  :)

Yeah, my hopes are high! :)

*waves his light sabre around*

Totally a euphemism.

This light sabre, to me, sounds more flop flop than zheng zheng (or how would you type down the non-euphemistic sounds or a light sabre?)

I am really digging the zombies run c25K so far and it got me to a 4 k already on a good day  :D

It's really pretty cool and I enjoy the story! The 15s run/1 min walk just didn't do it for me. Feels too much like a stop start ~ but I'll keep at it! :D

I absolutely loved the intro run, when old runner 5 is "right behind you!" and I was running as fast as I could, all the while thinking oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck! Ruuun! Man, I hate zombies :tongue: (still a bit unsure what all these zombies are doing on Jakku).

runnnnrey.jpg

Ugh, such skills of the Photoshops I possess! :P

• Like 3

Someone melted the One Ring and processed its ashes into foods that now lie in my cupboard. 

The precious is calling me to open up the cupboard door, luring me in, whispering to me. 

As I type now, my back to the kitchen cabinets, I can feel its attraction. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsqWQjyFiGg

Staaahp. Pleaaase.

tumblr_lqhj14cuLq1qhxaqyo1_500.gif

(Oh crap - I had a different theme).

I open the cupboard door - and in it is Admiral Akbar. 

its_a_trap_star_wars.gif

I return to my laptop and continue my homework. 

Mindful eating ~ the pull from the Dark Side

Today all went well with food until after dinner. Usually I have big cravings around 4PM, but due to a late (and big) lunch, they didn't show up until dinner time. Perfect. I prepared a stuffed portobello (curtesy of my bf's work at the green grocers) and a courgette-paprika soup. The second part of dinner wasn't quite to my liking and when I felt like I had enough, I stopped eating and flushed the rest down the toilet. 

Half an hour later, I was hungry. Happy though I was that I didn't overeat - the portion was too small. I ate a banana and some blueberries. The boyfriend left to visit his mother. I was doing my homework. The cravings came. Now that I was alone, the cupboard was unsupervised. I could open it and steal a cookie and no one would know, nobody but me. I remained seated. The cupboard whispered. I told it to shush. It was silent. Then whispered again. I got up and pulled open the door, staring hungrily at its contents. NO. Closed it again. Remembered the mindful eating.

Why do I want food? HUNGRYYY.

What did I just walk away from? My homework. 

Why do I want food? ... Maybeeee... Distractions?

From the homework? Why? Fear of messing up the homework. Not enough time to finish homework. Too many distractions. I want to calm myself. 

gollum6.gif

tumblr_me0s4pogwc1rrc78e.gif

This might be a struggle throughout the next week.

But, in all, Day 0 was a good trial day. I have high hopes for this challenge! 

• Like 7

RUGBY!! *happy flailing* What position do you play? Are you in the Southern Hemisphere (guessing that cause you said you wanted to finish the current season at your old club)? :D

I'm a hooker! (and somewhere, my mother facepalms). We're deep in the middle of the off-season here, sadly, so it'll be 3+ months til practices start again for me :(

• Like 2

Maegs! My fellow front rower! Doing my happy dance! I'm a prop ~ loose or tight, I swing both ways. I'll support you, my hooker! Northern hemisphere here, the Netherlands never get quite cold and snowy, so rugby is considered a winter sport. Starts september, ends in April/May. There's a two week winter break for the holidays.

Yeeee so excited to find another fellow rugger! :D

• Like 2

I started out as a prop (mostly tight, a little loose), but only because our hooker was even smaller than me! Front row is my happy place though, for sure! :D And everyone knows the front row are the best looking

If I were the marrying kind, and thank the Lord I'm not sir! ... [emoji445][emoji445]

Haaa! I recently did play hooker when our opponents lost their hooker. I was taller than both my props :D

"Can you go any lower?" "No, sorry, my legs are in the way" :>

(We rofflestomped them as we arrived at their club with 28 girls and they had only 13 :rugby:

Front row really is my happy place - and we're a damn hot bunch!

Awesome challenge!! I'm glad I found it, especially since I'm still really in Star Wars Mode after watching the new movie 3 times :P

Good Luck on your goals!! I especially like the "Training the Jedi mind" part, since I am approaching the end of my University time as well. I'll be following :P

7d9c5b3b77c920ac0da28be5488c6d47.gif

• Like 1

Beren Calanor

Human Ranger - Level 1

STR 1,5|DEX 0,75|CON 2|STA 1,5|WIS 2|CHA 1

Challenge: 1 2

Character

:ph34r:"I have heard it from the mouths of the Edema Ruh, so I know it to be true." :ph34r:

Why do I want food? HUNGRYYY.

What did I just walk away from? My homework. 

Why do I want food? ... Maybeeee... Distractions?

From the homework? Why? Fear of messing up the homework. Not enough time to finish homework. Too many distractions. I want to calm myself. 

This sounds so familiair not the homework part though, that has been a long time :P

Keep it up, after a while this will become second nature.

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45