Tolsimir IV: Finding the force

Tolsimir

Yup, Hermione is cool!

polls_Hermione_poster_detail_3659_149856

And I love your story telling, made me start my day with a smile :)

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Following along, this is a great challenge. I am seeing more and more mindfulness themed challenges and it really makes me smile.

Knowing the inner workings of our food and fitness relationships is so important, especially if one has a hard time dealing with negative emotional reactions. 

Plus you are cracking me up going between star wars and LOTR. Looooove it! xD I get all twitchy when deciding my fandom theme and then can't choose so short little weird story it is. :'D

Anywho, you will do great. -waves pompoms-

Thank you! :D I love the mindfulness all around the boards too, and I love having found it back.

It's been gone for a while and I really have to train that whole mindfulness thing again. I think it helps in a lot of situations, not just with negative emotional reactions (although: hear hear on that one!); it is also incredibly valuable in setting goals and reaching them. Building intrinsic motivation is much more effective than extrinsic motivations. Mindfulness can help you stick to that ultimate goal, remind you of that intrinsic motivation, rather than indulge in the moment ~ whilst still enjoying that moment as living in the now is +++. Have I lost you? I hope not. #rambling

And ikr on the fandoms! That's why I'm mixing them aaaall up in one big fandom love child! :D 

Yup, Hermione is cool!

polls_Hermione_poster_detail_3659_149856

And I love your story telling, made me start my day with a smile :)

I'm glad my struggles amuse you so <4

• Like 3

As for today's struggles <4

I'm getting pretty good at this inner dialogue thing. 

Today's Workout: completed.

Spent 15 minutes on the bike, followed by some doodlie time. 

During the 15 mins, I watched a vid that's homework for my following lectures (some statistics, hurray!). 

Afterwards I mechanically walked back to the house, placed my laptop on the bed and was ready to go upstairs for a shower when I realised I had only done a warm-up. "Couch", I thought. "No", said I, "back inside, a small workout, go". During the workout I had to push myself through the rounds, nearly giving up when I got tired or didn't have the form I wanted during my squats, but I was able to urge myself on to do one more good squat before putting the bar back in its place.  And another round. And another. I can now watch The Abominable Bride without regrets. 

giphy.gif

Articles (5/10)

Three yesterday, another two today. Admittedly, today I had two easy (short) ones, but I also threw in a little video watching and reread my paraphrases. I'm growing more and more confident in my ability to get through this pre-master ~ a person that's been slumbering for the past years is slowly waking up. I love reading, am curious for the topics I'm reading, and I may actually be getting the hang of planning. I'm so happy I went back to school! 

4dcd13f0-c5a5-0132-46b5-0e9062a7590a.gif

Mindful eating 

Like I said, internal dialogue is doing okay.

Today, when coming home, the first thought that jumped to mind was: CRIIIISPS.

Then: let me rephrase that. Crisps means savoury. Do I crave savoury? Yes. That might be it.

Hand sandwich with fantastic yummy matured Old Amsterdam cheese instead. Nommy. When placing the cheese back in the fridge, my eye caught the Coke bottle. YAS. ...NO. Coke? This means: you're thirsty. Tea? Not now. Water? Nah. Okay, have some soy milk instead. 

giphy.gif

Later, when my boyfriend came home with groceries and pulled out some profiteroles I did eventually cave in.

But that's okay ~ today it's okay. I'm still learning and have changed a lot of thought patterns already. (Just next time, if I do cave, let me cave once, not thrice :tongue:). 

• Like 4

ABOMINABLE BRIDE IS SO TRIPPY O_O

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge: Jedi Becomes a Hero Vol. 2 - Jedi Gets Some Tutoring

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

Haha I LOVE rambling. No losing me :D I might get confused sometimes but I'll say something. Your attitude is great and fantastic job listening to your cravings and making the adjustments and allowances.

Very motivational, great job!

• Like 1

Doll | Gargoyle | Ranger | lvl 7th
STR 17, STA 8, CON 14, DEX 2, CHA 7, WIS 4
1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | Current | B L

Main Storyline: Drop 55lbs 06/55lbs

10.9%
4.4%

You did very well! It's not easy listening to your body to know what it's really asking for.

What helps me is when I MUST EAT something is to lose my eyes for a second and take a deep breath. It helps me to feel what I'm really feeling, and I tell myself it's okay to feel that way. I used to eat when I was tired to get some energy back for example. Now I just going to sit or lie down for a moment if it's possible or just suck it up and promise myself an early bedtime. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Great work conquering those cravings, or at least recognizing the triggers.

I'm still sitting back to enjoy the gifs.  :)

• Like 2

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Congrats on figuring out your triggers! I'm still working on mine :)

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

'Ello, Tolsi.  I'm your Doodlie teammate, DFG.  I also played a bit of rugby in college--center and fullback, so I have no clue what y'all do up front. ;)

Sounds like you're well on your way with this challenge.  Your cave-only-once thought had me giggling, I seem to fall down that rabbit hole pretty regularly.  I'm definitely the in for a penny, in for a (dozen) pound(s) type.

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Haha I LOVE rambling. No losing me :D I might get confused sometimes but I'll say something. Your attitude is great and fantastic job listening to your cravings and making the adjustments and allowances.

Very motivational, great job!

Baaa, thank you! :D

You did very well! It's not easy listening to your body to know what it's really asking for.

What helps me is when I MUST EAT something is to lose my eyes for a second and take a deep breath. It helps me to feel what I'm really feeling, and I tell myself it's okay to feel that way. I used to eat when I was tired to get some energy back for example. Now I just going to sit or lie down for a moment if it's possible or just suck it up and promise myself an early bedtime. 

That might actually be the after dinner cravings! Tiredness, or dehydration. Thank you for finding another puzzle piece, Terah! :)

Great work conquering those cravings, or at least recognizing the triggers.

I'm still sitting back to enjoy the gifs.  :)

bc7a0cee507c6b030879a20147b90d44.gif

Congrats on figuring out your triggers! I'm still working on mine :)

Still working on them, too! Some days better than others. 

Also - I'm making assumptions. If I grab the crisps, that could very well mean savoury, right? 

'Ello, Tolsi.  I'm your Doodlie teammate, DFG.  I also played a bit of rugby in college--center and fullback, so I have no clue what y'all do up front. ;)

Sounds like you're well on your way with this challenge.  Your cave-only-once thought had me giggling, I seem to fall down that rabbit hole pretty regularly.  I'm definitely the in for a penny, in for a (dozen) pound(s) type.

Haaa! So you are the mysterious, secretive, uncanny, enigmatic, dark and abstruse DFG! I for my life never connected DFG to DrFeelgood, as I have seen you around the forums. This also means I am very busted on not being up to date in the Doodlie Thread at all. Nice to meet, fellow Flip Bitch! :D

I have no idea what you backs do either! :D 

FYI - I totally just translated "geheimzinnig" from Dutch to English and got all these beautiful words to pick from and I COULDN'T DECIDE. You get all, b/c you're green and I dig that.

adjective

mysterious
geheimzinnigmysterieusverborgen

secretive
geheimzinniggeslotenheimelijkterughoudendgeheimhoudendafscheidend

uncanny
geheimzinnigangstwekkend

enigmatic
raadselachtigenigmatischgeheimzinnig

dark
donkerduisterzwartsomberverborgengeheimzinnig

abstruse
diepzinnigduistergeheimzinnigmysterieusonverstaanbaar

phantom
spook-schijnbaargeheimzinniggeheimonbekend

Orphic
mystischmelodieusgeheimzinnig

TOLSIIIIIII

You are killing it so far, love seeing the mindfulness in action! 

<4

Thank youuuu <444456

• Like 4

HAHA. The University pulled the harshest pranks on me. In an introductory course about boring tedious things (I mean: how to read/write references and find books in the library and seeing if an article is legit and blablabla), we have an online quiz of 20 questions. I plowed through all the questions, taking me ages, and I had 19 out of 20 correct. HURRAY! The test can be done over and over again, and it showed me which one was wrong. Let me just adjust that one answer, I thought, what could possible go wrong, I thought. 

fz40RgW.gif

Hello, I am Icarus and I flew INTO THE SUN.

tumblr_inline_mijdieCL7C1qz4rgp.gif

Redoing the quiz just gives you twenty different questions. Of course. Why didn't I think of that?

I can hear the demonic laughter of the online university quiz demons. Brb, redoing the whole damn thing. 

• Like 7

FYI - I totally just translated "geheimzinnig" from Dutch to English and got all these beautiful words to pick from and I COULDN'T DECIDE. You get all, b/c you're green and I dig that.

adjective

mysterious
geheimzinnig, mysterieus, verborgen

secretive
geheimzinnig, gesloten, heimelijk, terughoudend, geheimhoudend, afscheidend

uncanny
geheimzinnig, angstwekkend

enigmatic
raadselachtig, enigmatisch, geheimzinnig

dark
donker, duister, zwart, somber, verborgen, geheimzinnig

abstruse
diepzinnig, duister, geheimzinnig, mysterieus, onverstaanbaar

phantom
spook-, schijnbaar, geheimzinnig, geheim, onbekend

Orphic
mystisch, melodieus, geheimzinnig

You've got no idea how often I do this, and how hard it is to find the right word for the thing I'm trying to say ;) English is a richer language than Dutch. 

20/20!!

LOL You rock!

• Like 2
Spoiler

Just all the important stuff! ;)

You've got no idea how often I do this, and how hard it is to find the right word for the thing I'm trying to say ;) English is a richer language than Dutch. 

LOL You rock!

Cause we stole all of our vocabulary from other languages! :D

d3dcaa72b3c4a871dc915f88e09797b1.jpg

english-language-quotes-8.jpg

• Like 6

d3dcaa72b3c4a871dc915f88e09797b1.jpg

english-language-quotes-8.jpg

As an English Major at college/uni, I can attest that this is completely true

• Like 5

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log