Scumspawn focusses on being healthier

Scumspawn

Found out what the herb is called in English: Pink rockrose or Cretan rockrose (botanical name Cistus incanus).

Your tea concoction sounds great! I never thought of using elderflowers in tea, usually I make some kind of syrup from them in springtime, which can be put into mineral water and makes a refreshing drink. For a common cold, I use the pure (and kind of bitter) juice of elderberries heated, maybe with a tea spoon full of acacia honey (otherwise I can't ge the kids to drink it).

Even if you don't meet your walking target, try to get out at least sometimes to catch some fresh air.

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Found out what the herb is called in English: Pink rockrose or Cretan rockrose (botanical name Cistus incanus).

Your tea concoction sounds great! I never thought of using elderflowers in tea, usually I make some kind of syrup from them in springtime, which can be put into mineral water and makes a refreshing drink. For a common cold, I use the pure (and kind of bitter) juice of elderberries heated, maybe with a tea spoon full of acacia honey (otherwise I can't ge the kids to drink it).

Even if you don't meet your walking target, try to get out at least sometimes to catch some fresh air.

Thanks, I'll try to find Rockrose - a quick google said it's supposed to strengthen the immune system.

I have been getting out a little every day - food goals are shot, mostly because i don't have the energy to cook twice, once for carb boy and once for me, so I'm just cooking what he eats and eating it myself. Though, despite this I still haven't had any sugar this week (I have a chocolate bar I'm considering but don't feel that passionate about) and I haven't eaten junk food at all, all I've done is had wheat more than twice this week and cheese more than 3 times - that is still way better than it was this time last year.

• Like 1
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

That's awesome on the food front - resisting sugar and chocolate when you're under the weather is very impressive.

well I'm resisting sugar other than cough sweets and cough medicine! and honey in drinks :-) I did eat the chocolate bar because I've planned for something sweet once a week but it didn't make me feel better, no need to do that again :-)

I need a plan B for when I feel ill, since clearly I always have a cold

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

backup plan for when I'm ill, since I seem to be ill all the time. With huge thanks to the Facebook group and Chronologically Challenged (yes I know) for help and advice

Back up plan for when I'm ill:

Quest 1 - Moving
get to my Misfit tracker goal of 1000 points a day for 6 days out of 7. or -
stretch every day for 5 minutes if I'm not up to walking.
25% for each full week achieved, STR 2, DEX 2, STA 2

Quest 2 - Mindfulness,

3.5% on stat bar every day I practice mindfulness in any situation (including eating) for at least 5 minutes a day.

Quest 3 - Clean Eating

sugar once a week, wheat twice, cheese 3 times, or drink my water app goal if I'm not up to cooking
25% on stat bar for every week I stick to this plan - no points if I have extra days of anything. CON3

Life Goal for January.

3.5% for each day I spend 5 minutes looking after myself somehow. CHA 3

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

That is a decent plan!

Get better though =)

Your mini challenge has started ;)

ohh, thanks for the heads up, checking on it now :-)

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

I've just looked at the shelf where I keep alcohol - there is a full bottle of wine, a full bottle of baileys, a third of a bottle of rum and some weird German herbal stuff. It's been there since xmas and I haven't even considered it!

Today I will be mostly coughing, and dog walking.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

I've cracked, I've been freezing cold all day, clinging to the radiator cold, I even turned up the temp on the boiler which I haven't done in 15 years of living in this house. I spent the morning breaking the entire internet and juggling client demands - I did that pretty well, didn't get stressed, stopped hitting my head against techy brick walls and waited for dust to settle but then a bacon and avocado sandwich seemed like the best idea in the world. And oh my it was delicious. As was the brie and salmon wrap I had for lunch and as will be the stuffed pasta and garlic bread and MELT IN THE MIDDLE CHOCOLATE PUDDINGS with ICE CREAM I have planned for tea.

I feel very very sorry for myself, I'm so fed up of being ill, not being able to lift things and of feeling cold right inside my bones I want to wrap myself up in carbs until I feel iller. I am doing this in the knowledge that I will have a really bad stomach at around 3am, especially if I add a glass of wine to the mix, which I might just do.

This is just an interlude, tomorrow is a new carb free day, today I am wallowing.

When I do shift this cold I'm going to try a bit of clean primal eating, I'm pretty sure cheese and bread are some of the worst things in the world for bunged up noses and coughs but right now I just don't care.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Mini challenge questions:

How are you feeling?

like shit warmed up

Do you still align with your goals?

sort of, the self care and meditation is doing well, I've tweaked my goals to allow for the flu which I seem to have all the time.

Do you progress with the right speed?

no, I keep being scuppered by ilness

Is there anything you might want to change?

yes, I'm thinking of changing the eating goal, to give me points every day I eat paleo or at least primal, as it is if I mess up my goals in the week I don't get any points.

Did you achieve something great beside your goals you didn't acknowledge enough? 

I've adapted.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

So sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you got something really bad.

I haven't got anything really bad, I'm just really fed up of being ill ALL THE TIME.

Feeling the need for lots of green smoothies today as an antidote to wheat day but I did think that as binges go it wasn't as bad as it could be. That is the sort of thing I would eat every day without thinking about it once upon a time. I didn't eat biscuits or chocolate bars, I had 3 meals and one dessert. And what is most important is that I enjoyed every little bit of it.

Feel like a big bloated slug now though!

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Thanks folks, I'm having a day of green smoothies, loads of vitamin c, vegi soup etc. Tomorrow will be tricky as I'm on the road for most of it, then at my vegan sisters so I'm anticipating a carb fest again.

The good news is that the osteopath says I'm ok to do some light lifting, low reps, keeping my arms under shoulder height! I'll see if I can find some 1k weights on the way to my meeting tomorrow.

I am now a size 18, the biggest I have ever been.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

and.......

I found a set of weights for a tenner! 2 x 5k,  2  x2,5 6 x 1.25 and 4 x .5k - 2 dumb bell bars and one large bar! I have the smallest weights on the little bars and I've just done a couple of arm exercises, oh that feels so good!

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Are you feeling any better?

thanks for checking up on me, and I'm sorry I don't reply so much on your thread - you have so many responses on there it takes a long while to go through!

I'm still bunged up and coughing but I can tell it's on the way out now, managed to dig up a bit of the garden today which was satisfying. If I keep up the massive fruit and veg intake I'm sure I'll be ok mid week.

I'm not really worrying about what I eat at the moment, I'm making good choices more naturally now, choosing tapas instead of cake in a cafe on Friday and yesterday waiting until I got home to eat instead of getting a takeaway. I made cake today, a 4 portion cake to share with my son and after our cake and tea this afternoon there is still half of it left, I'm sure the old me would have eaten all of it.

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

given up, fed up, snotty and coughing - I've worked out it's because I work from home, I don't see many people so when my disease ridden 12 year old brings back germs from school I have no resistance to them.

roll on next challenge when I will make goals so simple I cannot possibly fail

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%