Lightning Joins the Syndicate

Lightning

assassins_creed_syndicate_logo-t2.jpg

It's been almost 1 year since I began my NF journey. From the very beginning I knew that my ultimate goal was to embody the ways of the Assassins.  Every building can be climbed, every gap can be jumped, every obstacle can be conquered. I never really thought I could do these things, but after a year of accomplishments and healthy habits I am ready to jump in and Join the Assassin (obstacle course race) Syndicate.  

Age will not be an excuse, nor fear. 

MAIN QUEST 

Get my body and mind ready to complete my first Obstacle Course race.

GOAL 1: Combat Upgrade

To get my body ready to be worthy of being a member of the Syndicate I will need to push myself physically.  I will be following the Spartan Trial workout on Darebee.com.  By the end of this challenge I will have completed 24 workouts (or 6 per week).  I can substitute one of the Spartan workouts for an obstacle course class.  +4 status points (or 1 per week) likely 2 STR, 1 STA and 1 DEX.

fa2e31db-b7b6-4da1-8e7b-26dd6ad8a1b0.jpg

assassins-creed-syndicate-evie-frye.gif

GOAL 2: Evie's Notebook

Proper fuel is needed to make the most out of my workouts, aid in recovery, and lean out. i have learned that my body functions well on a high fat, moderate protein plan.  Keep carbs low is needed to lose fluff and kill sugar cravings.  So, I will track my macros every day and enter every recipe I try into MyFitnessPal.  28 days of tracking a STA status point (mental stamina) while 28 days of low carbs (below 60g) will earn CON status points.

80413368.jpg

GOAL 3: Jacob's Bottle Collection

Ah, water.  I always struggle to with hydration but know the benefits are plenty.  I will be starting small by challenging myself to drink 3 cups of water every day (1 cup of herbal tea may be subbed for 1 of the waters).  Jacob's bottle collection earned him a snazzy belt so my collection will do the same.  84 cups of water will earn me a steampunk belt for my next cosplay along with CON status points.

LIFE GOALS: Rook Recruits & the Train Hideout

I love the Syndicate and want to help Jacob recruit more Rooks to our cause.  So I will be an Assassin Ambassador to help new rebels in their leveling journey.  I will follow at least 5 rebels and contact them at least twice a week. WIS status point will be earned.

afc2a616d4f1b2e09d1fbcbf04a28297.gif

It's time to donate, sell or pitch some items in the Train Hideout (basement) to make the space for a new exercise room. I will read the Konmari book during this challenge, put away all the Christmas decorations, and clear off an entire shelf unit in the Train Hideout. WIS status point will be earned.

5e2ae4fe-fc70-4684-82af-6603e865eb17.jpg

• Like 13

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Assassins and Konmari, good times. Is it just me, or are a lot of people working on un-stuffing their belongings this challenge? Following along!

• Like 2

Night Elf Feral Assassin

Level 2

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Previous Challenges: 0 I Ashes in Ashenvale Current Challenge: Sleuthing in Stormtalon

Tu deviens responsable pour toujours de ce que tu as apprivoisé. - le Renard

"The Price of Discipline is always less than the Pain of Regret." -Nido Qubein

Assassins and Konmari, good times. Is it just me, or are a lot of people working on un-stuffing their belongings this challenge? Following along!

I'm sort of on the tail end of the Konmari trend but I imagine this is the time of year for a lot of decluttering.

SPARTANS UNITE!!!

:D

Remind me, did you sign up for a race already? I am doing a Spartan Sprint in Fort Carson, CO in May :D

I signed up for Warrior Dash in August in Ohio. I am hoping they add another date that is a little sooner it my daughter (17) agreed to be my partner and I know she would like a lot of time to train. We don't want to skip a single obstacle and would love to have the endurance to run the whole thing so maybe August isn't too far off. :)

• Like 6

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

I signed up for Warrior Dash in August in Ohio. I am hoping they add another date that is a little sooner it my daughter (17) agreed to be my partner and I know she would like a lot of time to train. We don't want to skip a single obstacle and would love to have the endurance to run the whole thing so maybe August isn't too far off. :)

Keep in mind that you'll be doing an obstacle course in the hottest month of the year. It'll be rough. I think you're giving yourself the perfect amount of time ^_^

• Like 3

You are so awesome! This challenge sounds killer though, we will have an exciting time watching :o

Will join you on the water goal again, makes such a big difference

• Like 2

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

You are so awesome! This challenge sounds killer though, we will have an exciting time watching :o

Will join you on the water goal again, makes such a big difference

I'm playing around with fruit and herb infused water just to change things up. I like putting slices of citrus in water overnight and sometimes mint. I may buy myself a prettier decanter so I can make the water look even more appealing.

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

ooo I like what you've got going on!! I've got some similar... so going to follow for pointers (and progress of course ;) )

• Like 1

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

I'm playing around with fruit and herb infused water just to change things up. I like putting slices of citrus in water overnight and sometimes mint. I may buy myself a prettier decanter so I can make the water look even more appealing.

that sounds delicious!! I had apple, strawberry, lemon, mint mixtures in summer and it was y u m m y

But now my garden doesn't have much to offer. Maybe I should get myself a mint pot plant over winter...

Lemon is always great, plus it helps detox as well :)

• Like 3

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

hi there! 

I read some of the konmari book and jumped right in. I got rid of so many clothes and dishes that we never used. I would like to pick it back up again, but I think the holding each item and asking "does this spark joy?" was worth the price of the book entirely. :)

• Like 2

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Giiiiiiiiiiiiirl.  I am excited for the awesomeness to come.  :D

I used to drink a lot of this.  Give it a whirl!

Sassy Water Recipe
  • 2 liters water (about 8 ½ cups)
  • 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
  • 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
  • 12 small spearmint leaves.
  • Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight.
  • Drink the entire pitcher by the end of each day.
  • Like 4

Love as thou wilt.

ooo I like what you've got going on!! I've got some similar... so going to follow for pointers (and progress of course ;) )

Yeah!  I will look for your challenge so we can swap pointers. 

hi there! 

I read some of the konmari book and jumped right in. I got rid of so many clothes and dishes that we never used. I would like to pick it back up again, but I think the holding each item and asking "does this spark joy?" was worth the price of the book entirely. :)

I love to declutter but can get too aggressive.  I'm not sure I can use the "spark joy" part for things like bath towels or tupperware but I might be wrong.  i'm hoping I come up with a pile of stuff to sell on eBay so I can make a little $ too. Id like to get to the point where I have less but the things that I do have are exactly what I want and of good quality.  I bet my house will feel so much bigger when I'm done.  :peaceful:

• Like 5

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Giiiiiiiiiiiiirl.  I am excited for the awesomeness to come.   :D

I used to drink a lot of this.  Give it a whirl!

Sassy Water Recipe
  • 2 liters water (about 8 ½ cups)
  • 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
  • 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
  • 12 small spearmint leaves.
  • Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight.
  • Drink the entire pitcher by the end of each day.

Missed you over the last couple of weeks!  I'm going to make this tonight because I actually have all the ingredients (including a hunk of fresh ginger).  AND, I'm going to go find your challenge thread immediately!

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

hi there! 

I love to declutter but can get too aggressive.  I'm not sure I can use the "spark joy" part for things like bath towels or tupperware but I might be wrong.  i'm hoping I come up with a pile of stuff to sell on eBay so I can make a little $ too. Id like to get to the point where I have less but the things that I do have are exactly what I want and of good quality.  I bet my house will feel so much bigger when I'm done.  :peaceful:

I've heard of this konmari thing. For me, continual moving has pushed me to seriously consider these things too. Been moving every1-2 years and if I haven't used it, I don't pack it. This has brought me down significantly in size of belongings and I'm much happier! Plus I enjoy moving around - see new places, meet new people, varied experiences... So it all works out :)

• Like 1

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

The "spark joy" for utilitarian things is a bit hard, but if you think - do you love the things you use them for, it helps. I love my pizza cutter because it cuts my pizza, which I love. I really liked that book.

• Like 1

Race: Elf   ~   Class: Druid Apprentice   ~   Level: 12

Current Challenge

2015-2016 Challenges: OneTwo, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve

2018-2019 Challenges: (first one in progress)

Excellent! I like it ;)

for me, the hardest part is the single-purpose items. Like, I'm struggling with the decision to keep a fondue set. I don't really need it! it feeds into this dream that I will eat fondue at glamorous parties! but I just went through the water bottles and travel mugs cupboard and got rid of 2/3 of the items. Anything that I didn't love using, I recycled. There's no reason to keep a million hard-to-use mugs or water bottles just in case I need one at any given time, you know? so, for utilitarian items, I try to keep the bare minimum of what I need to get through my life, and get rid of everything that isn't something I love using. 

ebay is a great idea! and you're right, your house will feel amazingly large. My closet is immense right now. it's so easy to get dishes out of the cupboard.

• Like 6

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I've heard of this konmari thing. For me, continual moving has pushed me to seriously consider these things too. Been moving every1-2 years and if I haven't used it, I don't pack it. This has brought me down significantly in size of belongings and I'm much happier! Plus I enjoy moving around - see new places, meet new people, varied experiences... So it all works out :)

I would secretly love to move around more and explore.  Right now I'm a gypsy disguised as a suburban Mom but I think that the traveling and moving will begin once the kiddos reach college.  Dh and I are considering a move so as we declutter we also ask ourselves if we want the item enough to pack it, move it, and unpack it.  Makes a big difference.

The "spark joy" for utilitarian things is a bit hard, but if you think - do you love the things you use them for, it helps. I love my pizza cutter because it cuts my pizza, which I love. I really liked that book.

I think I get it.   I don't love my towels but I do have some that are nicer than others.  I even have a couple that actually are special to me because they are purchases from vacations.  I guess my towels DO spark joy!

for me, the hardest part is the single-purpose items. Like, I'm struggling with the decision to keep a fondue set. I don't really need it! it feeds into this dream that I will eat fondue at glamorous parties! but I just went through the water bottles and travel mugs cupboard and got rid of 2/3 of the items. Anything that I didn't love using, I recycled. There's no reason to keep a million hard-to-use mugs or water bottles just in case I need one at any given time, you know? so, for utilitarian items, I try to keep the bare minimum of what I need to get through my life, and get rid of everything that isn't something I love using. 

ebay is a great idea! and you're right, your house will feel amazingly large. My closet is immense right now. it's so easy to get dishes out of the cupboard.

I can't wait to get to the kitchen item.  So many water bottles that don't get used and way too many coffee mugs.  Funny thing, I gave away a fondue set!  Decided I'd rather go to a restaurant that serves fondue than deal with the mess of making it.  Anything that is hard to clean is going to go!

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Spreadsheet it READY!!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19AdZ_pQ_g6rVFTJSd7rz_MZu5Wp4id49CZk7Z4lxhLI/edit?usp=sharing

syndicatechart.png

Today's Workout is in the bag baby!!!

sparta1.png

Only did 3 sets of the leg portion because my knees suck.  Did an extra set of the rest then spent some time smashing a lacrosse ball into my right leg. I'm going to try some heat and maybe even ice.  Also adding gelatin and bone broth into the mix.  I should have gotten my knee right before this challenge but I thought rest would be enough.  I was wrong.  We will call it a glitch  :pride:.  

hqdefault.jpg

quality-quantity-assassins-creed-unity-h

d81d3f80-2490-40b6-aa35-1db4cc648323.jpg

• Like 5

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

I am also in on the water, but not as a set goal here. Luckily its SUMMER here, so even Youngest drinks water with no prodding needed! I made us some ice tea this last week, and that went down well too. Good luck on the training, and hope the knee comes right quickly.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Bummer on the knee, hope you find a good routine to get it better soon and keep training without harming it more. Maybe a good thing after all your race is still a while to go?

So cool to read about your clearing the house stuff. So many ordinary things that do spark joy, isn't it like hidden magic everywhere?   ^_^

And oh the BEST feeling, all this space emerging!! 

You're nearly getting me inspired to do the same, nearly...

Where are you planning on moving to, any ideas yet?

• Like 2