[RollingStoney] smashes everything in her path!

Stonie

2015 was a great year for me, but I want to make 2016 even better!! There are already big plans in progress for this year, but I don't want to be totally underprepared for everything. 

The first few things to happen to me this year will be the new roller derby season and us going on holidays, then moving house soon afterwards. I want to continue building habits to make all of these things go smoothly so I can enjoy everything this year throws at me!

Goal 1: Exercise to build Strength and Confidence

Fitness levels are handy for roller derby. I am also a better skater when I have confidence in myself!

2 Yoga Sessions 

3 Body weights sessions

Goal 2: Fight the Grime!

Follow Fly Lady's routine. The very most basic one for now!

Daily self-care routine: Brush Teeth, wash face, get dressed to shoes

Declutter a room for 15 minutes daily

Clear and wipe the kitchen sink

Do something with the laundry

Goal 3: De-clutter the Darkest Corners 

... of the house. Throw out 1 box of stuff weekly, donate 1 box of stuff weekly.

Goal 4: Holiday Planning!

These things really need to be done before I go away or I'm going to be stressing last minute. I also know that I am totally able to put these things off until last minute even though they need to be done. 

Organise travel sickness fix - make a dr's appt

Plan tours for holiday

Prepaid debit card for spending money

Buy a Suitcase.

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Following.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Here for you Stoney.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Thanks guys!!

I'm excited for this challenge. My goals this challenge are all things I'm totally capable of doing, I just choose not to for silly reasons like "the couch is too comfortable" or "just one more level of this game!" And then all of a sudden it's midnight and I should be in bed :P

Exercise is an obvious thing that I should just do. It makes life and roller derby so, so much easier. It's just a lot harder to motivate myself when I have a couch and xbox and food and netflix to distract me. Even putting exercise gear out where I trip over it doesn't work; I just go around it. if anyone has suggestions for finding an immediate source of motivation for when I know I need to exercise, I'd love to hear your ideas. :)

Cleaning the house is pretty much the same then exercising... Except I'd rather exercise. I've been keeping up on the dishes over the last month; Fly Lady's "Shine the Sink" habit had forced me to do this, basically; but after spending the past few days decluttering, there is so much more of the house that needs cleaning and I am struggling with thinking about having to clean it all up. But it didn't get this dirty in one day and I won't get it clean in one day. But I do actually need to clean! So I'm starting small. Throwing boxes of things out will help immensely with this; I already feel a little lighter with the box of stuff gone that we donated yesterday, plus the things in my car ready to go. 

A lot of my anxiety comes from having to do adult things, especially things involving travel or money or organising other people. Most of the expensive parts of our trip have been paid for, I just need to do things like change money, and ask the Doc what I can do to stop my vicious motion sickness ruining my entire holiday (planes and cruise ships could be a terrible time for me, but I'm hoping not!) Nothing on that list will take me long to actually do, it's just using that 20 seconds of courage!

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

It depends on how you use it, but you could try getting rid of Netflix. If you just watch movies or use it for chill time you could tell yourself to read or play games - both are brain-active and burn some calories while vegging just for rest could just be put as sleep time. On the other hand, for some people/circles keeping up with new stuff can be needed for socializing. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys!!

I'm excited for this challenge. My goals this challenge are all things I'm totally capable of doing, I just choose not to for silly reasons like "the couch is too comfortable" or "just one more level of this game!" And then all of a sudden it's midnight and I should be in bed :tongue:

Good for you, that's the Achievable part of having a SMART goal. That means you're pretty smart!

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Have you tried Ondansatron for the motion sickness? We use it for patients that don't travel too well. It has worked so far, no projectile vomiting in the back of the van, except that one time................ :)

I have not! My method for not up-chucking in people's cars right now is to stare out the window or fall asleep until we arrive. That has always relied on the knowledge that I can ask the driver to stop until I feel better... That's not gonna work in a plan or cruise ship however :tongue: My plan for this week is to make an appointment with my GP and ask her about options. 

It depends on how you use it, but you could try getting rid of Netflix. If you just watch movies or use it for chill time you could tell yourself to read or play games - both are brain-active and burn some calories while vegging just for rest could just be put as sleep time. On the other hand, for some people/circles keeping up with new stuff can be needed for socializing. 

Mr. Tea watches Netflix a lot more then me, there would be an uprising if I cancelled it :tongue: But yeah, it's also one of the only things I have to talk about that isn't roller derby! xD Hahah no. If Mr. Tea isn't home I'm normally not watching it mindlessly.  

---

Mr. Tea and I had to take the punching bag down yesterday to re-organise our entire house to make room for a new lounge suite we adopted from the MIL, so instead of kickboxing I'll do split bodyweights sessions throughout the week. 

2 Yoga Sessions (1 / 2) 15 minutes done today; sun salutations, planking, leg stretching. Got sweaty xD

3 Bodyweights sessions (0 / 3) Planned for Tues, Weds, Sat

Daily self-care routine: Brush Teeth, wash face, get dressed to shoes (1 / 7) easy, went to work; had a reason to get up xD

Declutter a room for 15 minutes daily (1 / 7) tidied kitchen shelves while dinner was cooking

Clear and wipe the kitchen sink (1 / 7) 

Do something with the laundry (1 / 7) delegated that to Mr. Tea while I was at work... Shh. :P 

... of the house. Throw out 1 box of stuff weekly, donate 1 box of stuff weekly. (0 / 4)

Organise travel sickness fix - make a dr's appt (week 1)

Plan tours for holiday (week 2)

Prepaid debit card for spending money (week 3)

Buy a Suitcase. (Week 4)

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Stoney is already off to work on those goals.  Great to see!

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik 'Hav0k' Harrgath, Blademaster Adept and shadow-running Ronin extraordinaire.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

15 minutes of upper body exercise & stretching done today!

2 rounds of 50 seconds going and 10 seconds break with 2 minutes rest in between, consisting of;

Kneeling pushups
Tricep dips
Dumbell overhead press (50secs each arm)

And also booked a Drs appt for next week to ask about motion sickness stuff while on break at work.

Written with only my paws.

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Lots of good Rangerly adaptation going on here, keep it up!

• Like 1

Tuesday went like this;

2 Yoga Sessions (1 / 2) #2 planned for Friday

3 Bodyweights sessions (1 / 3) upper body day; (50s/10s x4)x2 (push ups, tricep dips, dumbbell OHP w 5kgs) 

sessions 2 & 3 planned for wednesday, saturday

Daily self-care routine: Brush Teeth, wash face, get dressed to shoes (2 / 7) easy to do when you have to be at work

Declutter a room for 15 minutes daily (1 / 7) didn't happen today; spent the night re-learning how to code in Actionscript 3.

Clear and wipe the kitchen sink (2 / 7) done at 11:30 at night when I realised what the time was and that I should probably be in bed.

Do something with the laundry (2 / 7) delegated again. :D

... of the house. Throw out 1 box of stuff weekly, donate 1 box of stuff weekly. (0 / 4) planned for wednesday

Organise travel sickness fix - make a dr's appt (week 1) - appointment made for the 13th

Buy a Suitcase. (Week 4)

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Wednesday went great until the evening, after I spent something like 6hrs on my computer staring at actionscript code and googling tutorials to recharge my fuzzy knowledge of the subject, giving me a massive headache. XD so dishes and clearing the sink didn't get done; i couldn't even eat dinner XD

I did however start the morning with a workout similar to yesterday but for my legs; 50 second rounds of 1-legged squats, 1-legged deadlifts, and goblet squats, x2. I only used a 5kg dumbbell for this and it definitely wasn't as hard work as yesterday's upper body day, so I'll have to up the weights on for workout to be somewhat challenging. XD

Mr. Tea and I also managed to throw out 1.5wheelie bins worth of stuff last night, took a box of stuff to the op shop, anither box of stuff to the tip, and also traded in a heap of old PS3 games at EB games and came home with less, but newer, XboxOne games :P progress!! I now have Witcher 3 and the new Tomb Raider to play... If I ever finish Far Cry 4.

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Great work getting that morning workout in.  Any effort counts!

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik 'Hav0k' Harrgath, Blademaster Adept and shadow-running Ronin extraordinaire.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Great work getting that morning workout in.  Any effort counts!

I did actually wake up sore in parts of my butt today, so it must have done something! (the fact that I've done very little exercise in almost a month probably doesn't help either.)

I've chosen thursdays and sundays as my rest days, so today I spent my morning catching up on the dishes I didn't do last night before going to bed. Within half an hour of being at work I had a glass explode into tiny pieces in my hand for no reason other then I was holding it, then went to do food shopping for the boss and found out that the battery in my car had died. Balls. xD So Mr. Tea had to come save me. 

Wednesday's update;

2 Yoga Sessions (1 / 2) #2 planned for Friday

3 Bodyweights sessions (2 / 3) lower body day; (50s/10s x5)x2 (1L squats, 1L DLs, Goblet Squats w 5kgs) #3 planned for saturday

Daily self-care routine: Brush Teeth, wash face, get dressed to shoes (3 / 7) 

Declutter a room for 15 minutes daily (2 / 7) distracted by coding xD

Clear and wipe the kitchen sink (2 / 7) headache stopped me wanting to do this

Do something with the laundry (2 / 7) actionscript distracted me from housework. Whoops!

... of the house. Throw out 1 box of stuff weekly, donate 1 box of stuff weekly. (1 / 4) whole bin full of stuff disposed of, 1 box donated, stack of games traded in.

Organise travel sickness fix - make a dr's appt (week 1) - appointment made for the 13th

Buy a Suitcase. (Week 4)

Also apparently I have surpassed my 2000th post on NF! yayy!

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

I hope your next day at work is better than your last.

• Like 1

Well I didn't break anything and my car started this morning so it was much better. I woke up feeling queasy for some reason, but did yoga and ate chia pudding for breakfast and went to work anyway. It went away about midday so I finished work and spent the afternoon playing Far Cry 4 and then fell asleep on the couch watching Star Wars: Clone Wars on Netflix.

Thursday went like this;

2 Yoga Sessions (2 / 2) #2 planned for Friday

3 Bodyweights sessions (2 / 3) lower body day; (50s/10s x5)x2 (1L squats, 1L DLs, Goblet Squats w 5kgs) #3 planned for saturday

Daily self-care routine: Brush Teeth, wash face, get dressed to shoes (4 / 7) 

Declutter a room for 15 minutes daily (2 / 7) 

Clear and wipe the kitchen sink (3 / 7) Didn't want to, but realised the pile of disles

Do something with the laundry (3 / 7) Mr. Tea did stuff.  

... of the house. Throw out 1 box of stuff weekly, donate 1 box of stuff weekly. (1 / 4) done for the week

Organise travel sickness fix - make a dr's appt (week 1) - appointment made for the 13th

Buy a Suitcase. (Week 4)

• Like 4

Stonie

They/Them

Friday:

3 Bodyweights sessions (2 / 3) planned for saturday

Daily self-care routine: Brush Teeth, wash face, get dressed to shoes (5 / 7) 

Declutter a room for 15 minutes daily (2 / 7) 

Clear and wipe the kitchen sink (4 / 7) 

Do something with the laundry (3 / 7)

... of the house. Throw out 1 box of stuff weekly, donate 1 box of stuff weekly. (1 / 4) done for the week

Buy a Suitcase. (Week 4)

Saturday:

I was worn out this morning. it took all my energy just to get out of bed and go to work. xD

3 Bodyweights sessions (2.5 / 3) got through 1 set of squats, 1L squats and lunges (the start of physio exercises given to me by the physio) before realising I was way too tired to pull this off so I stopped. 

Daily self-care routine: Brush Teeth, wash face, get dressed to shoes (6 / 7) 

Declutter a room for 15 minutes daily (2 / 7)  still no energy, came home from work and fell asleep. xD

Clear and wipe the kitchen sink (5 / 7) 

Do something with the laundry (3 / 7)

Buy a Suitcase. (Week 4)

Sunday + week 1 wrap up

I was worn out this morning. it took all my energy just to get out of bed and go to work. xD

2 Yoga Sessions (2 / 2) 100% for week 1

3 Bodyweights sessions (2.5 / 3) 80% for week 1

Daily self-care routine: Brush Teeth, wash face, get dressed to shoes (6.3 / 7) face washing helped me wake up, nothing else got done however. 90% for week 1.

Declutter a room for 15 minutes daily (2.5 / 7)  spent the day playing Far Cry instead, did run around and put things in the living room away when someone turned up. 35% for week 1. Week 2 will be less exhausting so I should be able to do this better

Clear and wipe the kitchen sink (6 / 7) 85% for week 1. this was nice to wake up to every morning and a good reason to be able to do the dishes. 

Do something with the laundry (3 / 7) 42% for week 1. only wore work clothes this week and no derby so didn't go through exercise gear; also Mr. tea was home all week so he did lots of laundry. 

... of the house. Throw out 1 box of stuff weekly, donate 1 box of stuff weekly. (1 / 4) done for the week. Made the house look heaps better, except for re-arranging the couches, which Ill be able to move soon anyway.

Goal 4: Holiday Planning! Going to make this an ongoing list until I leave, so I have an idea of things I still need to do :)

Plan tours for holiday (week 2)booked 2 tours (in cambodia and vietnam) and started a plan for things I need to take with me, as well as things I'd like to see in the other places we'll be visiting.

Buy a Suitcase. (Week 4)

Create master wardrobe for travelling (buy missing items, organise toiletries + prescriptions) (planned next challenge)

Organise travel documents (next challenge)

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Stared week 1 strong, before work got a bit harder (not to mention the summer heat finally hitting) so I was feeling pretty drained by the end of the week. 

Week 2 will be good; I'm only working 22 hours, split over 3 days, so I'll have plenty of down time to do things like holiday organising and housework. Roller derby also starts again on monday! I will probably have to re-adjust my planned workout schedule to work around that, looks like we'll be training mondays and wednesdays. 

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Good job starting week 1 strong, here's to starting week 2 stronger.

• Like 1

Awesome work on week one. Yay for derby starting up again.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Been a productive first day of week 2; only had to work 7.5hours instead of the 9 I usually work on a monday; spent the afternoon stocking up on socks and undies for my trip and found a pair of cotton pants and a white linen shirt so I'll be cool and covered from the sun . Pretty much got my wardrobe worked out for when I leave which is nice :) 

First evening of skates training was a doozy. We had guest coaches from an Perth league come down and run some drills with us and I was not entirely prepared for the two hours that ensued. We did lots of blocking drills and skills practice, all of which I needed to practice badly. The two skaters that coached us were fabulous skaters, reminding me how much harder I need to work to get better. I would be quite happy to wait another year before competing properly and having full confidence in all my skating skills, so I could put 110% into the first game I play. xD

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them