Finding Tink - A story of a 6'7" Ogre trying to succeed at life!

Tink has been on a major journey to succeed at life since Jan 2, 2014. That's when his mother passed away at the age of 57. Ever since then he got tired of where he was in life, being 25 years old and working close to minimum wage retail jobs, smoking everyday and drinking on the weekends and then some, being in poor financial health, not knowing where his money is going and what it's doing, as well as letting bills go to collections and not caring about it at all. Up until that point he was content with it all. Since that day little by little, he has changed himself for the better. He started going back to school in June of that year and will graduate from community college this Spring! He got a decent job for entry level in an office that he excels at, making more than minimum wage, as well as wonderful bonuses. He is living on his own completely now, with no roommates, and actually has bills in his name! He set up a budget and his paying off old bills and is bettering his financial health! And most importantly, he quit smoking, which unfortunately aided in him gaining 60-70 lbs. His physical and mental health or the next things to fix on this journey. 

You see that Tink has scrawled on a parchment that is dated January 4th - January 29th 2016 on top.

1. Track all foods in My Fitness Pal  - Use the app My Fitness Pal to track all foods you eat. This app will track the calories and other nutrients and macros. No major restrictions, just have at it and put it in and see what you put in your body.
  2. Cut the soda out again, completely, for 364 days! - No soda at all. Starting January 2nd, 2016, drink no soda at all until the next year. This includes diet you fool! $1.50 for a syrupy concoction that may or may not be expired thanks to the vending machine company adds up!
  3. In bed by 11, out of bed by 9 Monday-Saturday - Get a decent sleep schedule going. You are working full time, going to school full time, and have a part time job on Friday and Saturday evenings as well. You need your sleep!

LIFE GOAL:

• Buy a house by the end of 2016 - Continue paying off old debts, use a secured credit card to better payment history, and just get yourself in a better position to buy a place by the end of the year. You got this!

As the narrator, I thoroughly hope you enjoy this journey and follow the progress to keep me accountable!!

• Like 6

Tink the Friendly Ogre

Ogre | Level 0

| STR 0 | DEX | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

MAIN QUEST - Weigh below 300 lbs by June 1st (1.6 lbs per week)

GOAL 1 - Track all calories in MyFitnessPal|GOAL 2 - In bed by 11PM, out of bed by 7 AM|GOAL 3 - No more Soda!!

SIDE QUEST - Put an extra $100 towards debt.

Keep me Accountable! Add me on Facebook|MyFitnessPal Send me a PM first though!

My NF CharacterEpic Quest | Challenge 1

Your goals look humble, but they are just about right.  Sleep is a good foundation.  Cutting out soda is doable.  By just logging your food, you are building a habit to make controlling the food easier, if that is a future plan.

• Like 1

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I gained weight when I quit smoking as well - I quit at about the same age, right when the ol' metabolism was ready to start slowing down anyway. You've got a decade's head start on me in getting your life in order! I'm looking forward to your progress.

• Like 1

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2
STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2
NF Character Profile: RMDC
Challenge: Current - PKMN Journey, Part 1

Previous: 1

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
Wheat products restricted to 3/wk (this week's slots: {*} - {*} - { } )
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%
Interval walking, four total hours

36%
36%

Thanks to everyone for the kind words so far. I am hoping to not let anyone down. :)

Your goals look humble, but they are just about right.  Sleep is a good foundation.  Cutting out soda is doable.  By just logging your food, you are building a habit to make controlling the food easier, if that is a future plan.

Controlling my food is definitely a future plan. I just need to do one step at a time. I did keto for the month of November, however the toll it took on my grocery bill made me stop it. $350 a month for one person was a bit much, especially when I had very little variety.

I gained weight when I quit smoking as well - I quit at about the same age, right when the ol' metabolism was ready to start slowing down anyway. You've got a decade's head start on me in getting your life in order! I'm looking forward to your progress.

Thank you so much! My metabolism is fairly slow anyway so I have a lot of work to do!

• Like 2

Tink the Friendly Ogre

Ogre | Level 0

GOAL 1 - Track all calories in MyFitnessPal|GOAL 2 - In bed by 11PM, out of bed by 7 AM|GOAL 3 - No more Soda!!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Since this looks like your first challenge, I would like to offer some words of advice.

Seek out and follow other newbies here on the forums and offer your support and encouragement. Having a strong group of people who are there to offer advice and a friendly ear as you do your first challenge will help ensure that it will be a success. 

Have a great challenge!

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

It's officially the 6th and I"ve done everything I've said I would so far. No soda at all, been tracking all my calories in MFP (good God I eat a lot), and have been going to sleep early the past several days, which I blame on being on vacation from work. So a couple days in so far so good.

• Like 2

Tink the Friendly Ogre

Ogre | Level 0

Yeah, the food logging has been the hardest part for me too.  But it looks like you're sticking with it and that's how you develop habits.

You've got this!

• Like 1

BlueThunderBomb

Lvl 0 Yeti Rebel

Current Challenge

Quest the First: Bodyweight Exercises (3 times a week)

66.6%
66.6%

Quest the Second: Walk 2 miles (3 times a week)

75%
75%

Quest the Third: Track my calories every day

75%
75%

Thanks everyone. I'm continuing to track everything (except the half and half I put in my coffee because that's negligible). The sleep schedule thing might be a little tough especially on weekends since I have another job and will be working there late fridays and saturdays. But I"m doing what I can. 

• Like 1

Tink the Friendly Ogre

Ogre | Level 0

I am still doing good on my goals. I got into bed a little late last night and took a little bit to get to sleep but still did alright. I got a couple teeth pulled on Wed, and am getting 3 more pulled a week from Monday. I don't have any pain right now but the gums where the teeth were pulled are disgusting. I hope they aren't infected...

• Like 2

Tink the Friendly Ogre

Ogre | Level 0

I had a difficult double extraction of my wisdom teeth. I'm convinced the dentist was hitting the nitrous oxide before I walked in the door. I understand completely about gums reacting poorly. You have my deepest empathy. :(

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2
STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2
NF Character Profile: RMDC
Challenge: Current - PKMN Journey, Part 1

Previous: 1

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
Wheat products restricted to 3/wk (this week's slots: {*} - {*} - { } )
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%
Interval walking, four total hours

36%
36%