ixaera assassinates a few quests~

freck

I ended up at trivia and had 2 beers & some chips and guac, which isn't terrible so I'm not gonna beat myself up, but I do get carried away when I go out. For now, I've made them two separate quests outside of the challenge to motivate me to work harder when out or drinking on sticking to a healthier plan (within reason, I mean. I think occasional let-go days are important to have). Just 1 xp for now since I'm going to click the button each time (repeatable quests would be an AWESOME addition to the web app thingo), might bump it up to 5 if I continue to have trouble there. 

In other news... I forgot my wallet today, which means I have no pocket change to cheat on the cafeteria at the vending machine with, and no credit card to buy anything from the cafeteria at all. I was mad at first, but hey, blessings in disguise.

4070378ccba391dd3f34fa3067c5d255.jpg

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Yesterday I did everything but steps (I'm ahead in that area anyway, and a bit of rest was needed), so this week is still on track for straight A's. Suffering from a case of the grump this week, and am super glad tonight is yoga night in p90x3. 

Did some balance-assisted pistols instead of shrimps, mostly because I knew I'd be able to do less of them and I just wanted to sit down lol

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

I dig post-pump muscle selfies, and wanted to show off mine, because this is basically the extent of definition I have anywhere XD

The Challenge is so good for a decent arm & back pump. Temporary POW

pAKyd6m.png

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Week 2, Day 4

Haven't been updating daily because I get too dang busy, but I'm keeping close track!

This week is still golden~

I'm up to 38,156 steps for the week, 60k should not be any problem. 4 p90x3 workouts, 4 meditations, and I used up BOTH of my cafeteria visits yesterday oops. It's Friday though, one day of avoiding it is not going to be too hard. I'm sure I'll be tempted, because I'm feeling the call of the cookie already today. PMS has been hitting me with its enormous sledgehammer all week, and I'm pretty happy that I've basically just glared back at it and kept working.

I'm worried my fitbit will die at work today because I forgot to charge it last night. I have an extra charger that I JUST got, and forgot to put it in my bag. *grouch*

My feet have been treating me fine, though I did have random big right toe pain when I went to bed the other night. Also yesterday was X3 Yoga so I'm not sure that's representative of a normal foot-use day. Welp. Enjoy your respective Fridays, everyone!

tumblr_lpfrzsyeie1qgxenqo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

BORING GOLD STICKIE UPDATE

Still a crack shot this week

maxresdefault.jpg

Did the thing

This morning I got out of bed (quite late, I've been extra tired this week), wandered down to the Racetrac intending to grab some Dr Pepper 10 and beef jerky, came home with a french vanilla cappuccino and an omelet wrap thing instead. One the plus side, I skipped the soda? Probably shouldn't be substituting sugarbomb coffees though. And, knowing me, I'll go back for sodas anyway.

Tonight is MELLOW MUSHROOM, which I have never been to, but hear nothing but great things about. I've already planned out what I'm getting because I'm that excited, though I'm honestly torn between Holy Shiitake and Thai Dye. Definitely getting a beer while there, though. Then we're renting The Martian.

My travel weight is now more or less gone. Not too hard to shimmy off 6 days of hedonistic behavior :) If ever in New Orleans, go to Mr. Ed's on Bienville and get yourself some Jambalaya and/or some BBQ shrimp, for real. And if Evan's is open again (Cafe du Monde bought it out), grab yourself some pralines too. 

SATURDAY

CAPPUCCINO CAPS

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

You will love Mellow Mushroom, it is some fine pizza.

Coffee > soda any day that ends in 'y'.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

omg I loved Mellow Mushroom! We got two small pies, one Thai Dye and one Holy Shiitake, and I had one slice of each. So good! And a beer. And then I went and bought a four pack of the same beer and had two more. :| As a result, no points on my extra-challenge goal of sticking to plans when it comes to restaurants and drinking.

Next stop, assigning those more points. Maybe if the carrot is big enough I can get this done.

Yesterday was definitely an indulgence calorie-wise, but good on exercise and meditation. :)

This morning I have learned that Thai Dye pizza is not as good reheated, I still dislike coffee, and my attempt to make decadent scrambled eggs was a failure (but at least boyfriend liked them and snapped up what I didn't eat).

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Huge improvement over last week. A's across the board, and a bonus point in the p90x3 category. \o/

Today I already put too much chocolate in my oatmeal (it was overly sweet is why this is bad, and hard to eat) and I woke up with cramps out of this world. This MAY be a challenging week.

Updated post #1 with the boring numbers.

I'm looking forward to my pre-prepared lunch this week of bbq glazed baked chicken thighs and okra (there's potato too, but a very small amount, I was nearly out). Dinner is likely to be a sexy chicken thigh quesadilla.

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Today I already put too much chocolate in my oatmeal (it was overly sweet is why this is bad, and hard to eat) and I woke up with cramps out of this world. This MAY be a challenging week.

This is where you rebel up and kick week 3 in the teeth anyway. Grit your teeth (and not because of the excess chocolate, LOL), and do the thing. You're doing great so far~

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Ah, Shark Week. Do what you can as well as you can, but if you need to hold off until week four to really kick it into high gear, I totally get it. No shame with that. I, despite the many jokes I make, have a really terrible time with SW, and sometimes I just need to dial it back a notch. 

But if you can kick it in the teeth, do it. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna try my damnedest, even if it ends up being more of a little boop on the week's nose! Which, while not remotely bad ass, is at least a little cheeky.

post-42365-Superbad-Jonah-Hill-Michael-C

I got the cooking bug at least, so I'm totally stocked up on lunches (baked bbq glazed chicken thighs & okra) and dinner (chicken thigh golden curry and basmati rice). Yayyyyy. 

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Used up a cafeteria visit today on a cookie + 2 coke zeros. The cookie was straight up therapy, and I'll be where I want calorie wise anyway, so all is well. I added a week long "stay away from the inside of RaceTrac" challenge to my NF character, which is further boosting my diet soda cut. I had a craving like whoa for that cappuccino this morning though, dang. 

In other news, just exactly the right amount of chocolate in my oatmeal today. (I eat Arrowhead Mills instant quinoa & oats + a serving of chocolate chips + a banana on the side as breakfast this week... taking a break from my usual eggs and kale and cheese in a tortilla.)

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Welp, here it is, the ole exhaustion express. Went to bed at 9:30, passed out, up at 7:10 and still wanting to sleep. About to go load up on caffeine and hope for the best. 

I'm getting enough protein, so it's probably auntie Flo going demolition with her enormous sledgehammer. Thanks, body, I appreciate it.

If I fail on anything this week (because all but meditation is a challenge right now), this is why.

The good news is yesterday's MMX was extremely energetic and fun, got well over my steps, back into the meditation groove now that I'm past the 20 min required level 3 foundation pack (which is soooo stupid IMVHO, I don't know much about psychology so I hesitate to criticize it, but 20 min made it hard to motivate myself to do it--10 minutes is so much more doable).

tumblr_np2ialpdvk1uwjun7o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Today is, yup, more sledgehammery. Probably the worst time I've had with shark week in a long while. I'm less tired, but my allergies are mega flaring, nearly got into a wreck this morning (my own fault, was paying too much attention to people trying to pass in the lane that was ending on the right and almost didn't notice the stopped car in time), forgot my quinoa & oats, my teammates are ignoring the queue and sticking me with a lot of crap.

I just wanna say "woops don't feel well, sick day bye"

But I don't quite have it in me.

Cafeteria visit got me eggs & potatoes. Fried, but, well, they don't have anything not fried. Didn't get soda, so it doesn't count against me, especially since without it my breakfast would have been a sad brown banana.

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Today is, yup, more sledgehammery. Probably the worst time I've had with shark week in a long while. I'm less tired, but my allergies are mega flaring, nearly got into a wreck this morning (my own fault, was paying too much attention to people trying to pass in the lane that was ending on the right and almost didn't notice the stopped car in time), forgot my quinoa & oats, my teammates are ignoring the queue and sticking me with a lot of crap.

I just wanna say "woops don't feel well, sick day bye"

But I don't quite have it in me.

Cafeteria visit got me eggs & potatoes. Fried, but, well, they don't have anything not fried. Didn't get soda, so it doesn't count against me, especially since without it my breakfast would have been a sad brown banana.

This is what we like to call having a Day. 

• Like 1

So far doing fine this week, considering. Still need to meditate before bed.

My 15.8 yo cat left some blood on the entrance to her litter box, so she's going directly to the vet tomorrow. She also has super itchy skin that she's scratched bald at the tail, and she already has existing early kidney disease AND her belly is now bald so, well, that's fun. I've had her since she was 8 weeks old, and we met before she opened her eyes.

Boyfriend is going through some seriously rocky times with his company, Mom is having housing issues.

Therefore I do not care about the extra 300 calories of chocolate covered cranberries. Not one little bit. 

ETA: In fact, someone give me a damn medal for not eating the whole bag 

actually don't, I only held off because they didn't belong to me lol

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram