Syren

I hope your doctor can help you with your energy and circulation!  I imagine that would be frustrating.  I struggle with my energy levels as well.  I'm trying to address that with eating better (no easy feat) and drinking a ton more water.  Both methods definitely help me, it's just a matter of turning it into a habit!  :)

Moon Bee // Druid // Level 4

Challenges // DBL 1  2  3  4

5: Bee is Everything

I hope your doctor can help you with your energy and circulation!  I imagine that would be frustrating.  I struggle with my energy levels as well.  I'm trying to address that with eating better (no easy feat) and drinking a ton more water.  Both methods definitely help me, it's just a matter of turning it into a habit!   :)

I drink a ton of water anywhere between 2-4 liters depending on my daily activity level. However, I do tend to stop drinking as much towards the end of the day. Doesn't stop me from waking up at about 2am to go pee though...

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Weekend --

Saturday was stormy so did not get in my swim -- I went for a good long walk down to the beach since it cleared up after the pool closed of course

Sunday I was just plain lazy and did not go to the pool -- it is a real struggle to go swim when the pool opens Sunday afternoon -- I cannot seem to make myself go do it.

Monday -- Swam with the Masters --

400 easy free warm up

6 x 50 fist drill alt swim

4 x 50 unipaddle drill

200 build by 100

3 x 100 freestyle interval training easy -fast

200 easy recovery swim

3 x 100 butterfly interval training easy -fast

200 easy recovery swim

12 x 25 sprint

300 easy choice cool down

Total -- 2700 yards

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Hey! do NOT mess with JICAMA!, that's an awesome vegetable, nutritionally is almost like drinking water, but it will make you feel satisfied until the next meal! I usually eat ir mid-morning, with lemon, salt and chilli (like most things we eat around here).

And i feel really jelous of all that swimming!, awesome!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Wednesday -- Swim with the Masters

3 x 200 warm up freestyle

2 x 50 unipaddle drill

50 fly sprint

50 kick

50 swim

50 kick

100 swim

50 kick

150 swim

50 kick

200 swim

50 kick

200 swim

50 kick

100 swim

50 kick

4 x 100 pull

4 x 75 build

4 x 50 descending strokes

250 Easy

Total -- 3000

Drylands

2 x 12 reverse pushups

2 x 12 air squats

2 x 12 duck under lunges

2 x 12 pool assisted chin ups

Veggies -- For Lunchtime energy and goodness!

Carrots + Hummus of the roasted pepper persuasion 

Spinach coated in shiitake sesame dressing

Plus some fruit marketed as veggies:

Olives infested with jalapenos

Baby bell peppers of awesomeness

Avocado whipped tuna salad

And real fruit!

Clementine season with a couple of cuties

Strawberries -- because even out of season and literally no taste, I must have them

So tired today. Did not want to get up this morning -- but I did it anyway -- I have had two cups of coffee so far, and I am about to attack my Earl Grey I brought for lunch. Must has sleep...

• Like 1

I have never heard of jicama. I bet they don't sell it in Tesco.

They sometimes have them at Publix. Supposedly they are popular at Mexican grocery stores... however I have not been able to find one of those in the Eastern Shore area -- Vietnamese shops over in Mobile, but Fairhope and Daphne seem to be as diverse as an E. coli laboratory culture.

Hey! do NOT mess with JICAMA!, that's an awesome vegetable, nutritionally is almost like drinking water, but it will make you feel satisfied until the next meal! I usually eat ir mid-morning, with lemon, salt and chilli (like most things we eat around here).

And i feel really jelous of all that swimming!, awesome!

Any vegetable I can eat with chili sounds good to me :D

• Like 1

Friday -- Did not swim with Masters -- ugh, went to bed early last night too. Rawr -- so lazy

I still went to swim though

275 easy swim

250 fist drill

225 easy/moderate swim

200 pull

175 moderate swim

150 kick

125 moderate/fast swim

100 IM

75 fast swim

50 stroke moderate

25 sprint

25 sprint

50 stroke

75 fast swim

100 IM

125 fast/moderate swim

150 kick

175 moderate swim

200 pull

225 moderate/easy swim

250 fist drill

275 easy swim

Total -- 3300 yards

2 x 12 push ups

2 x 12 squats

2 x 12 lunges

2 x 12 pool assisted pull ups

• Like 1

awesome job!  how is your weekend going?

Taking it easy again.  Did my cleaning and a walk to the coffee shop -- slept in today. Yesterday had a girls night with some friends -- I have discovered that I am old: drinking more than one or two glasses of wine is not something I can happily recover from the next day :(

The laboratory classes that I teach are cancelled this week because of a holiday, so Monday I am going to swim, and then go collect some starfish for a friend's thesis project -- because I will take any excuse to SCUBA dive -- plus starfish are much cooler than expected.

Should be a semi-relaxing week -- but I am aiming to make it to at least 3 out of 4 master's practices (since last week I made 2, and the week before I made 1)

I am also shooting for a 50 yard fly time of about 40 seconds  off the blocks without losing my goggles -- tbh I will be happy if I just don't lose my goggles

Taking it easy again.  Did my cleaning and a walk to the coffee shop -- slept in today. Yesterday had a girls night with some friends -- I have discovered that I am old: drinking more than one or two glasses of wine is not something I can happily recover from the next day :(

The laboratory classes that I teach are cancelled this week because of a holiday, so Monday I am going to swim, and then go collect some starfish for a friend's thesis project -- because I will take any excuse to SCUBA dive -- plus starfish are much cooler than expected.

Should be a semi-relaxing week -- but I am aiming to make it to at least 3 out of 4 master's practices (since last week I made 2, and the week before I made 1)

I am also shooting for a 50 yard fly time of about 40 seconds  off the blocks without losing my goggles -- tbh I will be happy if I just don't lose my goggles

I hear ya on drinking and recovery!  I actually slowed down drinking when I stopped smoking, drinks made me want cigs.  I now notice I get drunk easily and recovery is shit.  It is a wasted day! 

I like you having goals for your swim this week!  You got this!!

I hear ya on drinking and recovery!  I actually slowed down drinking when I stopped smoking, drinks made me want cigs.  I now notice I get drunk easily and recovery is shit.  It is a wasted day! 

I like you having goals for your swim this week!  You got this!!

Due to binge watching the final episodes of Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (an anime, sequel to Fate/Zero), I did not swim before diving -- but I did dive! and it was chilly. Lots of fry fish, poor viz though. Great time.

Since I missed practice today -- I must go on Saturday to get my 3 practices with the Master's in :)

That's ok, they may do the ePostal swim then :D

Days this week should be full of job applications, learning R, playing around with Grass GIS, potentially learning some biochemistry, definitely looking up literature on Global Warming, and figuring out oyster physiology. Oh, and prep work for the bio 2 labs.

It seems busy when I write it out.

Did you finish Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works?  I started that when it was a weekly and did not finish.  I have watched the original one though. 

Yes I did.

I felt that it was part very compelling storyline, part wtf are they doing with this anime. The animation is beautiful though. 

It is available on Netflix right now (dubbed, which is how I watch anime, because I do not want to read subtitles). 

Yes I did.

I felt that it was part very compelling storyline, part wtf are they doing with this anime. The animation is beautiful though. 

It is available on Netflix right now (dubbed, which is how I watch anime, because I do not want to read subtitles). 

Did you watch the first version?  I mix dubbed and subbed, depending on what I am doing.  I prefer subbed but when I am multitasking (playing WoW) dubbed is the only way.  =)

Did you watch the first version?  I mix dubbed and subbed, depending on what I am doing.  I prefer subbed but when I am multitasking (playing WoW) dubbed is the only way.  =)

I loved the first version. It did get a bit strange at the end though -- I should pick up the manga sometime to see if there is something the anime was missing