skin'N'bones goes Tank Style

skinNbones

That is what I call a 'quickly-lifty'

Bummer about the the cleanup work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers, that is just my target for now. Fitting any more in is just too difficult to do consistently.

Work wasn't too bad in the end, sometimes things are a lot easier when you take a break and let your subconscious kind of work through the problem. It's worth a couple of hundred pounds to me too , so not all bad.

"I knew he was bluffing"

• Like 2

Did another workout today so on target for this challenge :)

I'm just sticking to the same exercises for now, haven't had any progression in a fair while.

"I knew he was bluffing"

Just keep plugging away at them.  That's all that matters.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Just keep plugging away at them. That's all that matters.

Thanks lady S , although I missed my start of week workouts this week (a combination of family and laziness) so will be finishing g this week a it behind.

Basketball tonight will probably kill me like normal. I must have an injury on the to of my thighs or something because it's flared up straight away after last week.

"I knew he was bluffing"

• Like 1

Take care of the thigh, maybe some foam rolling would help. You'll get the other workouts for the week in, maybe you just needed a day off after a hectic work week.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hope the basketball was too hard on you. It's always good to ice any aches and pains as soon as possible after exercise to limit swelling and prevent further injury. 

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Thanks guys. I've decided I will try to fit a workout in today, and I need to make 'prehab' a daily thing somehow.

It's possible that this leg pain is actually just tight muscles so I need to make a good stretching routine to at leat rule this out.

I'm open to recommendations on this, and foam rollering is a great start on that (thanks EG)

"I knew he was bluffing"

• Like 1

Adding in some more accountability, need to see some posts about working out!

HIT IT!

Thanks for bothering me guys. I made a point of doing a workout last night and I think it was a help.

I concentrated on more stretches before and after and finished up with some foam rolling (probably not enough)

I'm still not moving on any progressions bit it did feel like hard work last night.

"I knew he was bluffing"

• Like 3

I think there was a little typo in the post...where is the injury? Quad?

If isn't not still sore, maybe working some dynamic stretches into your routine would be good for preventing future problems. Some legs swings would be good for stretching things out.

This whole thread is full of typos, I blame my phone ;)

I think it is the quads, although it feels more at the top. When running it seems to hurt when lifting the leg, and the impact of landing also seems to hurt a bit too.

"I knew he was bluffing"

I'm thinking this could all just be tight muscles and DOMS. like I'm starting exercise without being properly lumbered up and so sort of moving/landing funny and hurting it somehow.

I've done more stretches this morning and definitely feel like it's recovering faster this week than last.

Dynamic stretches sound like an idea (thanks Xena), I'll have to watch the startBodyweight guy's video on that.

"I knew he was bluffing"

• Like 2

giphy.gif

You might find doing a runners lunge as part of your warm up will help with the soreness. I get very tight around the top of my thighs and hip flexors and I find doing some lunges before running really helps prevent this.

Runners Lunge:

IMG_7981-copy.jpg?itok=_1WQoIMC

• Like 3

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

giphy.gif

You might find doing a runners lunge as part of your warm up will help with the soreness. I get very tight around the top of my thighs and hip flexors and I find doing some lunges before running really helps prevent this.

Thanks Charlie, absolutely loving the stakeland reference that film is class.

I think this runners lunge is a good steer, the way you describe tight muscles I think fits, I'll try and make this part of my routine.

"I knew he was bluffing"

I was thinking hip flexor too when you said it hurts when you lift your leg. I "third" the runners lunge idea.

As far as the progressions, maybe just stay where you are for the rest of this challenge (only 2 more weeks!!!) and then "test yourself" at the start of next one? Don't worry too much about not moving up.

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

giphy.gif

Runners Lunge:

IMG_7981-copy.jpg?itok=_1WQoIMC

I'm behind on your thread. This is what I was going to suggest, only without a cool gif. Using a foam roller on that area and your hip crease might help too.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I'm behind on your thread. This is what I was going to suggest, only without a cool gif. Using a foam roller on that area and your hip crease might help too.

Thanks Sloth. I forgot the foam roller last night, but I did do the runners lunge and could feel it pulling /hurting in the right place.

So thank you to all of you, hopefully this 'injury' is just tight muscles and I'll be able to stretch it out.

I tried another Juarez Valley last night, but I'd only say about half of the burpees were really proper burpees. I don't think I'd eaten properly, got quite shakey about 1/2 way through and had to start eating. I still think this is a grew exercise for conditioning.

"I knew he was bluffing"

• Like 3

I completed another half hour workout today. I made an effort to do a few extra reps on some of them to try and get more benefit.

Concentrated on stretches a bit more than normal, although the startBodyweight dynamic warmup seemed a bit too dynamic maybe I'll try and do I slower.

"I knew he was bluffing"

• Like 4

I completed another half hour workout today. I made an effort to do a few extra reps on some of them to try and get more benefit.

Concentrated on stretches a bit more than normal, although the startBodyweight dynamic warmup seemed a bit too dynamic maybe I'll try and do I slower.

"I knew he was bluffing"

LokiSoMuchWinGIF.gif

• Like 3

... a little odd in the head ...