RMDC's First Challenge Thread: Themeless and GIFless

RMDC

Day 6... eh, it was all right.

Morning: I spent most of the morning cleaning with the kids. Did it make an impact? Yeah, not really. I still felt better when it was done. Grape Nuts and a banana for breakfast. I wrote for the rest of the morning. I didn't get in a lot of raw pages; most of it was spent doing shoring-up work on the premise and characters. It was still satisfying even if my word count didn't significantly change.

Midday: The kids made sandwiches for themselves and worked on picking up their room more. I wound up skipping lunch because I didn't even think about it until 4:00. I had a handful of nuts and took the kids grocery shopping. There was a decent, small London broil on sale, so I grabbed it and a few vegetables to make stir fry. I normally don't do stir fry, especially with beef, so it was going to be an experiment.

Evening: Stir fry was a success! Carrots, broccoli, fresh green beans, bok choy, onions, garlic, and beef, with a little this and that for flavor. Of course, years of cooking for the family means I can't cook fewer than six servings at a time, so we have plenty of leftovers.

• Like 5

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2
STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2
NF Character Profile: RMDC
Challenge: Current - PKMN Journey, Part 1

Previous: 1

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
Wheat products restricted to 3/wk (this week's slots: {*} - {*} - { } )
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%
Interval walking, four total hours

36%
36%

Jumping in to show my support after you did likewise with me.

The Bodyweight stuff looks interesting and will try and give this a go in the morning instead of gaming in the morning when the rest of the house is in their bed.

• Like 2

Link to my Current Challenge Here

Please follow me and show support on MFP and Fitbit

Challenge1 2
Epic goal of losing 50 pounds this year

Bodyweight exercises were made for minor agoraphobes like me. :P I had a gym membership a couple of years ago. I always felt good coming out, but I wound up doing more elliptical and machine work than free weights because of the muscleheads. I felt like I wasn't getting my money's worth, ultimately.

• Like 2

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%

Evening: Stir fry was a success! Carrots, broccoli, fresh green beans, bok choy, onions, garlic, and beef, with a little this and that for flavor. Of course, years of cooking for the family means I can't cook fewer than six servings at a time, so we have plenty of leftovers.

I grew up in a family of six and as the eldest I helped a lot making supper. To this day, I find it almost impossible to make a "Normal" sized meal!

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Day 7

Morning: Leftover stir fry, water, and cleaning.

Midday: Sandwiches for me and the kids. I did some tweaking on the notes I was writing for my book yesterday, but I didn't put in any significant writing. My mind wasn't in it. I'm still preparing for my trip on Tuesday.

Evening: Had a good time hanging out with the kids. We played Apples to Apples and Love Letter. The latter is probably my favorite short-form card game. I highly recommend it. We had macaroni and cheese with broccoli for dinner. I don't care how many veggies you toss in, it's still mac and cheese, and it still goes in the processed column. You know, I was worried about snacks taking up all my processed food slots, and so far it's been meals. That'll probably invert once I arrive in New York.

--

Today is going to be about preparing for the trip. I was originally planning on doing bodyweight yesterday, but with the amount of lifting I've got to do today to clear out my storage unit and get it all loaded in my little minivan, I didn't want to have essentially two strength days in a row followed by eight hours of driving. That means the latter half of my week will be loaded with exercise days. I think I'm okay with that. :)

• Like 4

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%

Day 8

Morning: I was really jonesing for a bodyweight session. Wow, that didn't take long. I held off, though, because again, I don't want to be driving with serious DOMS. I mostly prepared for the drive. But then...

Midday: I picked up my ex-wife from the metro after she landed, and we decided to put off my departure until later in the week to relieve everyone's stress. Plus we did some extra preparation work so that there wouldn't be so much to do later on. I felt relaxed enough to go ahead and get a session in.

One of the exercises that's been bugging me is Start Bodyweight's incline pike push up. I decided to hold off on any more of those until I can get some advice with them. As for the rest of the exercises, I increased strongly on all of them, including going to the next step of the progression for leg raises and adding 12 seconds (!) to my plank time. I'm not sure I'm going to be giving myself bonus points in my two diet goals for last week, but I bet I'll be getting the full 100% for exercise this month. :)

And most importantly, I've figured out what theme I'll be using for next month's challenge, so I'll have plenty of time to accrue fancy images. >.>

Haven't made it through the evening yet, but I'm pleased enough to just want to post my progress now.

• Like 3

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%

Haven't made it through the evening yet, but I'm pleased enough to just want to post my progress now.

That's so great to hear! Knowing you have a supportive community behind you makes all the difference. <g>

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

One of the exercises that's been bugging me is Start Bodyweight's incline pike push up. I decided to hold off on any more of those until I can get some advice with them.

What's your question?

And how many decline pushups can you do in a set?  And with feet at what height?

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

My ex-wife volunteers to do grocery runs for a local halfway house, so yesterday evening saw us hauling two heavily laden double-wide shopping carts to the checkout lanes at BJ's. It was over an hour past dinnertime when we finally got the last of the groceries unloaded at the halfway house. We stopped at a sub place on the way home. Scratch one processed food slot... but man, for that beef brisket with cheddar, it was worth it. I've been planning on cutting the allowed slots down to one for the next challenge, so maybe I'm unconsciously living it up while I've got the chance.

Now, as for Day 9...

Morning and midday: And I mean very early morning, because we have a sick kid. :( Getting up and lying down took its toll after the second call; my abs and thighs were grouchy after that lovely bodyweight session. Kid wound up spending the night in my bed. She felt a lot better this morning, thank goodness, but now I'm exhausted. Since I've been watching her for the day (no fever, but she still needs a day off from school), I haven't had the chance to go for a walk today.

Evening: I got in some writing. I'd been trying all day, but taking care of my daughter meant I didn't get much opportunity to focus on it. Dinner was chicken thighs, potatoes, and kale. The Woodchuck Barrel Reserve cider my ex-wife tried wasn't very good for drinking, but it turned out great when I poured it in the skillet with the chicken. :P

What's your question?

And how many decline pushups can you do in a set?  And with feet at what height?

I posted a thread in the form check forum. I don't do decline push ups; the regular ones are just about my speed right now. :P

• Like 2

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%

Kid was much better this morning and went to school fine. :)

Day 10 is done! I mostly prepared for the trip and for emptying out the storage unit. Cleaned out the car, took a donation load down to the local thrift store, got the car's oil changed. After a schedule upset, I wasn't able to get the car packed for the trip. That basically means I can't leave tomorrow and will have to leave Friday instead. It also means this week is probably going to be shot for exercise and writing, but I'm going to focus on next week instead of griping about it.

• Like 5

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%

I actually managed to get some exercise in last night. See, while I'm visiting family in the apartment complex, I'm technically not allowed to park in the complex's lot. Street parking is a good hundred fifty yards away - if I can park right by the complex. Last night, at 11:30, I snapped awake at the recollection that I hadn't moved the car to street parking after temporarily putting it in the complex lot. I hurriedly dressed and got in the car before the tow truck could come rumbling by. Of course, all the evening commuters had long since taken the prime street spots, so I had to park a good distance away. I decided to make the best of it and lengthened the walk back by a bit so I could make it a proper interval walk. Yay! Four percent on the exercise progress bar for me, walking back in the butt-ass cold in the middle of the night, groggy, grumbling.

• Like 6

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%

Day 11:

Morning and midday: Even though I did an impromptu walk last night, I tagged along on a family session at the track this morning. The maintenance people let us know they were coming by to change the furnace filter, so I spent the morning tidying up after everyone was off to school and work. Breakfast was meusli cereal; lunch was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich: not the paleo option by any stretch, but better than a cheeseburger.

Evening: I emptied out the storage unit and packed the car. Tomorrow I drive for hours and hours. Quads, prepare thyselves! Dinner was an amazing chicken soup with celery root and bok choy - definitely the paleo option. :)

EDIT: And I forgot - I wrote a couple pages today, so overall a very successful day toward my goals!

• Like 5

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%

If you're looking for more cleaning to do, I volunteer my house. :) Hope your trip went well!

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Yay! Four percent on the exercise progress bar for me, walking back in the butt-ass cold in the middle of the night, groggy, grumbling.

LOL, Man am I so glad I don't live in a major city sometimes!!!

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

If you're looking for more cleaning to do, I volunteer my house. :) Hope your trip went well!

I third that offer :)

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

Okay, so update for the trip and the long weekend.

The drive went a little better than usual. I had two caffeinated sodas. Lunch was on the road, but it was at Moe's, so it's almost healthy. Still counts in the processed column, but of the processed food I could be eating, not the worst. I stopped at Sheetz and picked up a single-person tray of cheese, grapes, apple slices, and pretzels for a snack. I came in sore and tired but feeling better than I normally do after a day of driving.

I spent most of Saturday helping my in-laws grapple with the aftermath of a destructive tenant. After my mother-in-law's mother moved in with one of her daughters, she opted to offer the empty house for rent. When she died, the tenant remained for a while. But as the estate progressed, concerns arose regarding the tenant. He was cagey, reluctant to pay rent, and unresponsive to missives and calls. Eventually my mother-in-law, the administer of the estate, was forced to evict him. So this past Saturday we went up to the house to change the locks and try to figure out the extent of the damages to the place - including how he used the rear anteroom as a chicken coop (!), performed creative plumbing to switch from the propane-fueled boiler on the ground floor to a secondhand electric water heater in the basement and did nothing to protect the pipes from freezing, and knocked holes in the walls to encourage airflow so that his wood-pellet stove situated at one end of the house could heat the rest of the place.

All of which is to say that Saturday wasn't much progress on the challenge front. I had a healthy lunch, but dinner was an exhausted trip to Panera.

On Sundays, my in-laws usually head up to Ticonderoga, NY, to work on the studio that houses the fan production Star Trek: New Voyages. I've been with them several times and opted to come along this time as well. The studio building was once a grocery store. My job on Sunday was installing a support beam beneath the store's office, a small cube suspended in a corner of the ceiling, to sturdy it up so that it can be converted into a wardrobe area and green room. I also ran gofer duty for the pack of people installing walls in the conference room / rec room / ship's chapel multipurpose area and took measurements so one of our manufacturers can build the steel ladder and railings in engineering. We're probably going to be building the warp core next week; the preliminary base is already laid. As for the day's contribution to the challenge, work in the studio definitely counts as interval walking. Unfortunately, it also means that lunch and dinner is rolled together into a single meal at the pizza shop across the street. Shigata ga nai.

And Monday was a complete wash. I wanted to get in a bodyweight session, but I had to crash and recover from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. On the plus side, I only had homemade meals, and I got in a couple pages of writing.

• Like 3

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%

Okay, so update for the trip and the long weekend.

The drive went a little better than usual. I had two caffeinated sodas. Lunch was on the road, but it was at Moe's, so it's almost healthy. Still counts in the processed column, but of the processed food I could be eating, not the worst. I stopped at Sheetz and picked up a single-person tray of cheese, grapes, apple slices, and pretzels for a snack. I came in sore and tired but feeling better than I normally do after a day of driving.

I spent most of Saturday helping my in-laws grapple with the aftermath of a destructive tenant. After my mother-in-law's mother moved in with one of her daughters, she opted to offer the empty house for rent. When she died, the tenant remained for a while. But as the estate progressed, concerns arose regarding the tenant. He was cagey, reluctant to pay rent, and unresponsive to missives and calls. Eventually my mother-in-law, the administer of the estate, was forced to evict him. So this past Saturday we went up to the house to change the locks and try to figure out the extent of the damages to the place - including how he used the rear anteroom as a chicken coop (!), performed creative plumbing to switch from the propane-fueled boiler on the ground floor to a secondhand electric water heater in the basement and did nothing to protect the pipes from freezing, and knocked holes in the walls to encourage airflow so that his wood-pellet stove situated at one end of the house could heat the rest of the place.

All of which is to say that Saturday wasn't much progress on the challenge front. I had a healthy lunch, but dinner was an exhausted trip to Panera.

On Sundays, my in-laws usually head up to Ticonderoga, NY, to work on the studio that houses the fan production Star Trek: New Voyages. I've been with them several times and opted to come along this time as well. The studio building was once a grocery store. My job on Sunday was installing a support beam beneath the store's office, a small cube suspended in a corner of the ceiling, to sturdy it up so that it can be converted into a wardrobe area and green room. I also ran gofer duty for the pack of people installing walls in the conference room / rec room / ship's chapel multipurpose area and took measurements so one of our manufacturers can build the steel ladder and railings in engineering. We're probably going to be building the warp core next week; the preliminary base is already laid. As for the day's contribution to the challenge, work in the studio definitely counts as interval walking. Unfortunately, it also means that lunch and dinner is rolled together into a single meal at the pizza shop across the street. Shigata ga nai.

And Monday was a complete wash. I wanted to get in a bodyweight session, but I had to crash and recover from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. On the plus side, I only had homemade meals, and I got in a couple pages of writing.

Sorry to hear about the issues with the tenant damaging your in-laws place so much, some people have no respect for another's property.

Very cool to hear about you helping with the set of "New Voyages", if you go again would you be allowed to take some pic's?

Have a great week 3!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Today was rather productive.

Morning: I finally worked up the gumption to update this thread, so I didn't ghost on the challenge. Score one for me!

Midday: I skipped breakfast unintentionally, but I felt pretty full after two cups of vegan split pea soup at 11:00. My in-laws make amazing split pea soup. So does my ex-wife. I've never quite gotten the trick of it.

There's basically no space to do bodyweight exercise (or any other kind of exercise) here, but I cleared a two-by-five-and-a-half patch of kitchen and got it done. I even kept my pace of progress despite not having done bodyweight for almost a week. Unfortunately, there's still no place to start the pull up progression, and now there's also no good doorframe for vertical pulls. If the weather was warmer, I'd do it all at the local playground. As for today, hey, it's below twenty F, but at least it's not twenty below. By the time it warms up enough to do outdoor exercise I'm hoping to be in new living quarters anyway.

Evening: More split pea soup for dinner, as it was a scrounge night. I wrote about a page and a half over the course of the day. I'm working on a short story that's unrelated to my book project. I had to switch modes to keep myself from just staring at the keyboard.

I have traffic court tomorrow afternoon to deal with a ticket improperly issued fifteen years ago, so early to bed for me tonight.

• Like 2

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%

Very cool to hear about you helping with the set of "New Voyages", if you go again would you be allowed to take some pic's?

It's a secure set, so I can't spread pics around. However, the ST:NV/PII Facebook page has some behind-the-scenes photos. :)

• Like 1

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%

Glad this day is done.

Morning: Breakfast was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. We do what we have to do. I wanted to go for a walk to help clear my head before court, but it was just too damn cold.

Midday: Lunch was McDonalds, unfortunately, since I had to leave early to get to court. That's half my soda and processed food slots down as of close of business on Wednesday. I can live with that. I chose to park a few blocks away from the courthouse and got in an interval walk there and back.

Evening: Dinner was leftover crock-pot chicken and green beans. My in-laws returned late with Chinese takeout. I had a couple bites of bean curd and veggies, but I didn't get enough of a faceful to count as another processed slot. :P

I had wanted to do writing today, but it wasn't in the cards. Tomorrow will be a knuckle-under day on that front for sure.

• Like 3

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%