Elastigirl: An Assassin amongst the Rangers

Elastigirl

It was one of those cold, clear nights of winter that  find most people  huddled in their warm houses, watching the glow of their televisions while eating popcorn. But not this group. They had chosen a spot deep in the woods, far from civilization. The only lights to be seen were the stars above and the the campfire glowing brightly, around which they sat. Enjoying the warmth of the campfire they sat quietly around it, once in a while pausing to grunt at one another, or to take a drink of their ale. It was into this group that the stranger entered. Dressed entirely in black, she stealthily made her way into the campsite. Her goal was to blend in quietly to this group, observing them from a distance. She had heard tales of their heroic feats, and wanted to see if there was any truth in the rumors. She sat down, close enough to hear and watch them, but hopefully not close enough they would notice her. As she sat, the wolf that had been sitting amongst the group, turned to face her. Slowly, deliberately, the wolf began to walk toward her. She remained motionless, waiting to see what the wolf would do. As the wolf reached her, it turned its’ face to the moon and let out a long,low howl.

The wolf’s howl alerted the group to her presence. They all turned to face her, grabbing their swords and axes, preparing for a fight.

Calmly she stood up, removing her hood, she said “ Please, I come in peace, I have heard of your heroic feats, I too seek the harder path,the one tread by heroes. I seek to learn more of your Ranger guild.

From out of the dark, a bearded man wielding a flaming sledgehammer appeared. “Who are you and why should we allow you entrance into our Ranger guild†he demanded.

Not daunted by his fierce looks, she replied†I am Elastigirl, Slayer of Omnidroids, Destroyer of Syndrome, Hero of Metropolisâ€

One of the group who had been sitting closest to the campfire stood up, “I have heard of her, I will vouch for her bravery and goodnessâ€

The sledgehammer wielding man turned to him, “Chaplain, you would vouch for anyone. You see the good in all. You would have everyone be a Ranger. Turning back to her, he gazed at her silently for a few moments, as if trying to read her mind. She confidently returned his gaze, knowing that just as she had much to learn from the Rangers, she also had many valuable skills to teach them.  After a few moments he spoke again, “Very well, since the Chaplain himself vouched for you we shall let you in for a little while. But understand, the Rangers are an elite group, and if you wish to take part in our mission you must prove yourselfâ€

Elastigirl nodded her approval. “Very well, I accept those terms, give me any challenge and I will complete itâ€

This challenge I am switching over from Assassins to Ranger. Right now, my big focus is on kettlebells. I am following Pavel’s Simple and Sinister program. My big goal right now is to be able to complete 10 full Turkish get ups with 35lbs in under 10 minutes and to be able to do `100 44lb. swings in under 5 minutes. I have been working on this for 6 months, and am still in the process of working toward that goal.

My goals for this month are focused on things that will help me reach my big goal, look good doing it and, have time to pursue life goals, and a bit of Ranger adventure along the way

Goal 1: Track food 6 days a week

Points 4-5 days=5 points

6 days= 6 points

7 days= 6 points plus a bonus day to use on another wee

Goal 2: Workout plan;

Focused Flexibility from GoldMedalBodies.  There are two main poses I am working to improve. My    task is to do two stretches for each pose, and foam rolling.I will do the stretches at least 4 days a week.

Simple and Sinister: Swings 4 days a week; Turkish Get Ups 3 days a week, the 4th day I can choose a different strength workout.

FF done= 1 points per day

SS done= 1 point per day

Goal 3: Track progress:

Focused Flexibility: pictures week 1, end of week 2, and end of challenge

Simple and Sinister: videos week 1 and 4

2 per picture/video

Goal 4: get up at 7:30 at least 4 days of the week

5 points a day

Goal #5 Ranger Initiation

Be a Ranger (Ranger yoga, rucking, sledgehammers,bro-crow, etc) Video/photographic evidence at least twice

Take part in at least three of the Ranger mini-challenges

Completion= 10 points

Life:

turn extra bedroom into craft room 10 points

Scrapbook; finish vacation scrapbook 10 points

Look up hikes/ plan fun vacation ideas 10 points

Update Epic Quest for 2016-10 points

WEEK 1 point total 43 points

WEEK 2 point total 58 points

180 points= Elastigirl proves herself Ranger worthy and will reward herself ; prize still undetermined

170 points= Elastigirl proves herself Ranger worthy, but she feels as if she could have worked harder,so she does not buy any reward.

• Like 16

Wisdom- 13.5 Dexterity- 10 Charisma- 11 Strength- 12 Constitution-10 

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"The chief goal of living is not to merely stay alive" Mike Rowe

Omg.. My draw dropped when I looked for you in the Assassin Guild and found you here!!

Yay!! Good to see you EG :)

Was that little old me that made it into your intro?

Welcome to the Rangers, old friend.

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 4

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Good to see a friendly face in the Hall!!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Woot. Good challenge. I'll probably be doing some Focused Flexibility this challenge as well. Have you been working with it for a while? I'm new to it.

What's a bro-crow?

Just bought it a couple of weeks ago. I played with it a bit over the holidays, enough to do the assesment and figure out how to do the corresponding exercises.

Bro-crow- term coined when Nymeria and Rurik did crow with weighted backpacks(rucks) on their back. They do them with 20lb weights, IF I'm able to do it, it'll be a li'l bro-crow with 5 lb. Not sure if I can, but I want to try and see.

Welcome to the guild.  :)

Thanks

Omg.. My draw dropped when I looked for you in the Assassin Guild and found you here!!

Yay!! Good to see you EG :)

Was that little old me that made it into your intro?

Welcome to the Rangers, old friend.

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

Ha, yeah found my way over the the Rangers, and I had to include Wolfie in my intro

Woohoo!!!  I'm following, fellow walker.  I've been eyeing that GMB Flexibility program.  Inspire me.   :)

I can inspire you on the flexibility program, and you can inspire me to go on more rucks.

Assassin Infiltrators, FTW! Uh, I mean, woo Rangers!

Following, as always, hoping to steal a little of your tenacity, also as always. I didn't put it as a goal, but I'd like to revisit FF too, so maybe I'll steal your FF tenacity specifically, hope you don't mind...

I was going to have my title be An Assassin Infiltrates the Ranger, but thought that might arouse their suspicions too much ;)

Yeah, you should do more FF stuff too. So, I got it on sale because of the changes they made. You get the updates, right? Have you checked it out, what do you think?

Good to see a friendly face in the Hall!!!

Woot, another Assassin(though I think you were actually a Ranger for a while too)

• Like 5

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

Welcome my friend. You are absolutely right that I'd be the one to jump up and vouch for you, and I'm very touched you wrote it up that way. I'm so proud you joined us.

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome my friend. You are absolutely right that I'd be the one to jump up and vouch for you, and I'm very touched you wrote it up that way. I'm so proud you joined us.

Yep you would, you very much live up to your name, and you see the good in people.That said, I did take creative license with my story, as the truth is, everyone in the Ranger guild has been super encouraging to me.But that would make a very boring story :D

Wow. I thought this day would never come. Welcome ElastiGirl.

Who would have thought, huh? Thanks for the welcome. . Funny thing is when you gave your reason for why I wouldn't switch(my loyalty and dislike of change) which really matched my thoughts, I realized that while loyalty can be good in some times, in this case it didn't really apply, as I really wasn't being disloyal. And now with the changes seemed a perfect chance to try out the Rangers. 

Following. Because your thread provides constant inspiration.

Have fun ranging. Rangering.

Being a ranger. :-)

Thanks!

• Like 5

Ranger or Assassin, I'm still following you.

• Like 3

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Great challenge, and as always, I'm following!  I'm glad the Ranger Yoga and Bro Crow are catching on.  ;)  

Who would have thought, huh? Thanks for the welcome. . Funny thing is when you gave your reason for why I wouldn't switch(my loyalty and dislike of change) which really matched my thoughts, I realized that while loyalty can be good in some times, in this case it didn't really apply, as I really wasn't being disloyal. And now with the changes seemed a perfect chance to try out the Rangers. 

Thanks!

And you can feel reassured that if switching guilds is disloyal, there are a whole lot of disloyal assassins right now.  The assassin infiltration of the Ranger guild is really impressive this challenge.  ;)  

• Like 4

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

I was going to have my title be An Assassin Infiltrates the Ranger, but thought that might arouse their suspicions too much ;)

Yeah, you should do more FF stuff too. So, I got it on sale because of the changes they made. You get the updates, right? Have you checked it out, what do you think?

I do get the updates, but I haven't checked them out yet. I might do it tonight, I really just want to play video games (I haven't gotten to play ANY during the holidays!), but I've got some adulting I need to do, so.........................

It was one of those cold, clear nights of winter that  find most people  huddled in their warm houses, watching the glow of their televisions while eating popcorn. But not this group. They had chosen a spot deep in the woods, far from civilization. The only lights to be seen were the stars above and the the campfire glowing brightly, around which they sat. Enjoying the warmth of the campfire they sat quietly around it, once in a while pausing to grunt at one another, or to take a drink of their ale. It was into this group that the stranger entered. Dressed entirely in black, she stealthily made her way into the campsite. Her goal was to blend in quietly to this group, observing them from a distance. She had heard tales of their heroic feats, and wanted to see if there was any truth in the rumors. She sat down, close enough to hear and watch them, but hopefully not close enough they would notice her. As she sat, the wolf that had been sitting amongst the group, turned to face her. Slowly, deliberately, the wolf began to walk toward her. She remained motionless, waiting to see what the wolf would do. As the wolf reached her, it turned its’ face to the moon and let out a long,low howl.

The wolf’s howl alerted the group to her presence. They all turned to face her, grabbing their swords and axes, preparing for a fight.

Calmly she stood up, removing her hood, she said “ Please, I come in peace, I have heard of your heroic feats, I too seek the harder path,the one tread by heroes. I seek to learn more of your Ranger guild.

From out of the dark, a bearded man wielding a flaming sledgehammer appeared. “Who are you and why should we allow you entrance into our Ranger guild†he demanded.

Not daunted by his fierce looks, she replied†I am Elastigirl, Slayer of Omnidroids, Destroyer of Syndrome, Hero of Metropolisâ€

One of the group who had been sitting closest to the campfire stood up, “I have heard of her, I will vouch for her bravery and goodnessâ€

The sledgehammer wielding man turned to him, “Chaplain, you would vouch for anyone. You see the good in all. You would have everyone be a Ranger. Turning back to her, he gazed at her silently for a few moments, as if trying to read her mind. She confidently returned his gaze, knowing that just as she had much to learn from the Rangers, she also had many valuable skills to teach them.  After a few moments he spoke again, “Very well, since the Chaplain himself vouched for you we shall let you in for a little while. But understand, the Rangers are an elite group, and if you wish to take part in our mission you must prove yourselfâ€

Elastigirl nodded her approval. “Very well, I accept those terms, give me any challenge and I will complete itâ€

This may be the most epic guild-change ever. Also, I believe Sloth owes me ten bucks, because he swore you'd never leave the Assassins.... ;)

• Like 9

the year of living trippily

Totally Fucking Current: Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

From out of the dark, a bearded man wielding a flaming sledgehammer appeared. 

Following in hopes of hearing more stories involving this flaming sledgehammer!

• Like 3

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

Following in hopes of hearing more stories involving this flaming sledgehammer!

That is Rurik, Barbarian Guild Leader. His challenge wrap up, which pretty much cemented  my decision to be a Ranger

• Like 7

Oh dear, EG with the rangers... it's not like your challenge threads weren't already really busy, this will reach new epic proportions x) 

You know i'm cheering for you and your big goal! 

Are you doing any continuous swings? I'd be really curious to see how those develop alongside the S&S style swings. 

• Like 2

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares for the new year

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Oh dear, EG with the rangers... it's not like your challenge threads weren't already really busy, this will reach new epic proportions x) 

You know i'm cheering for you and your big goal! 

Are you doing any continuous swings? I'd be really curious to see how those develop alongside the S&S style swings. 

Well seeing as how you said you don't even like swings, I'm thinking the continous swing idea is just another not -so-secret- plot to kill me :playful:

Seriously, it was a fun change up, and great conditioning. I don't have a set plan to use it, but I think I will toss it in now and again to see how I do.

• Like 1