First time rebel

lulurider

Hey guys,

so i new to this site so first and foremost if anybody has any hits and tips on how to navigate it feel feel to let me know.

i am going to be doing the jan 4th 4 week challenge and there are my quests.

1 - to drink more water and less pop

2 - change one unhealthy food each day into a healthy one

3 - walk everyday and run at least 3 times a week

my level up

to reduce chocolate consumption

so wish me luck and i will keep you updated

:) 

• Like 6

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Since this looks like your first challenge, I would like to offer some words of advice.

Seek out and follow other newbies here on the forums and offer your support and encouragement. Having a strong group of people who are there to offer advice and a friendly ear as you do your first challenge will help ensure that it will be a success. 

Have a great challenge!

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

That is the thing about chocolate, you cannot just have once bite of it... What a delicious pain in the arse!

Good luck with the whole challenge, of course I will follow along!

My tip would be just to get your profile personalised and if you ever have any worries or questions, do not hesitate to start a new topic!

Like a Sir,

JollyOldMrPhelps

• Like 2

Hi Lulurider,

Welcome and good luck with the challenge! I will be following along and offering words of support when needed :)

Those are some really straight-forward and achievable goals you've got there :)

I used to struggle with the water vs pop issue a couple of years ago and I found that gradually scaling down the consumption (1 less can per day, then 2, etc.) helped wean me off it - I never drink it nowadays.

Chocolate on the other hand is an ongoing struggle!!

• Like 2

Moonkin 

Race: Dryad Class: Druid 

Challenges:            

Battle Log: 

Character:  https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/44134

"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour"

I found you! Yay. I see that the classic 3-runs-per-week challenge is one that we share! How far are you running at the moment? I'm trying to get back into it following a period of laziness following an injury, so am just sticking to 3ish miles each time for the duration of this challenge :)

Oh and as for tips and tricks on getting to know the site, just spend a bit of time here each day, update us on your challenge, check out a few others, click around the forums a load and just press stuff! For previous challenges, they do mini challenges, to help newbies get involved with the site a little more, so keep an eye out for those (though I haven't seen anything about them so far, so I don't know if they are still going...)

• Like 1

Aquatic Elf

Level 2 | STR 0 | DEX 0.5 | STA 1.5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

Challenges 1 2

I found you! Yay. I see that the classic 3-runs-per-week challenge is one that we share! How far are you running at the moment? I'm trying to get back into it following a period of laziness following an injury, so am just sticking to 3ish miles each time for the duration of this challenge :)

Oh and as for tips and tricks on getting to know the site, just spend a bit of time here each day, update us on your challenge, check out a few others, click around the forums a load and just press stuff! For previous challenges, they do mini challenges, to help newbies get involved with the site a little more, so keep an eye out for those (though I haven't seen anything about them so far, so I don't know if they are still going...)

hey crar4321 

thanks for the tips they will b a great help

same!! i used to do loads of running bak when i was in school but work and other priorities got in the way but not anymore!

yea 3 miles or at least 20mins to start with im doing my first run today after work wish me luck :)

day one - took my dog for a good 30 min walk this morning she absolutely loved it

no chocolate or pop in sight woop woop

and i ate 3 different fruits in one day :D

Well done you, great start to the challenge :)

• Like 1

Moonkin 

Challenges:            

Battle Log: 

Day 2 - went for first run of the challenge ran for about 20mins felt so good and feeling it today!!

is it jsut me or does anybody else love the feel of the burn in your calves the next day!?? haha wacko right

unfortunately though i did have a tiny bit of chocolate, i was on night shift and somebody always brings food and i didnt even realise until i had eaten it wat i had just done! so frustrated!!

still no pop thou

bring on day 3

• Like 1

Day 3 - went for run number 2 legs felt it from yesterday but i pushed on

did 2 miles about 20 mins im happy as long as i getting out and doing it!!! 

no chocolate or pop though i was tempted to have a can of sprite i stopped myself so proud of that

had pasta and lots of salad for dinner

bring on tomorrow

• Like 2

Way to go, sounds like you are on the right track!

• Like 1

"Destiny is important, see, but people go wrong when they think it controls them. It's the other way around." - Terry Pratchett

Lift: 1 of 24                                             Eat Right: 1 of 42                              Stay Sane: 1 of 42   

day 4 - went for a 2 hr horse trek my legs were dead by the end

did 2 x 20min walks 

was going to run but was just too exhausted

no chocolate or pop

woohoo and im feeling good!!!

Great job, you're going to smash this challenge :D 2hr horse trek and 2 x 20 min walks? not surprised you were exhausted!! 

• Like 1

Moonkin 

Challenges:            

Battle Log: 

Day 7 - well i thought saturday was bad its nothing compared to sunday

i got sick.... pretty sure it food poisoning from sat dinner serves me right for eating out when trying to lose weight

left work halfway through and went home to be sick all day :( 

and i ate shit food 

just blah my first really sucky day

no exercise either 

hope i feel better soon

:(

• Like 1

Day 6 -  so i have figured out what my kryptonite is............. Saturdays

Mine is the day after I come off night shift, I'm overly tired, hungry and eat/drink way more than I need/want.

Sometimes knows WHAT our weaknesses are, is the first step to overcoming them!

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Don't feel too bad about not exercising when you are sick, just focus on getting some rest and feeling better. The hardest part can be getting your momentum back when you are feeling better, but you can do it!

Hope you feel better soon.

thanks for the tip

hate being sick it just halts everything

but wat can u do apartfrom get better

feel like i been sooooo lazyy ha