Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

jrosto

Thanks my friends, I really do appreciate your support.

Sorry I haven't posted at all this week, I've been really embarrassed about the fact that I haven't lifted a 'bell at all.  I guess I just didn't want to admit it in public.  After checking in on my recruits, I clicked here to post a week recap and read all of your comments.

I went back into the bedroom, grabbed my 16 kg KB, brought it back into the living room and did a set of 20 one hand swings switching hands midway.  It. Felt. Great!  Just like I knew it would.  Thanks all of you :)

Kettlebells do make everything better, I have to remember that.   We've had a couple major stressors building up over the past few months and I've allowed them to affect more of my life than they should have.  KB's are my Zen, I need to get back to them.

So for the part of this challenge that I have continued to be successful with, the office cleanup.  I've worked on the office every day, and it is getting much better.  The main desk is complete and I've cleared off our wide file cabinet.  I have refiled our past decade of taxes and went through 16 years of medical records.  I had kept everything because you never know what you might need for FMLA, disability, or social security.  Now that I'm past that point I tossed most of my old records.  I pretty much only kept what I used to chart the progress of my disease and my progress since the transplant.  One folder of test results.

I'm undecided about what to do with all of our old cards.  We have cards from each other, our kids, grand kids and friends.   We don't look through them very often.  Should I toss them or put them in a nice box on the bookshelf?

I did find a shirtless picture of heavy me that I had totally forgotten that we had.  A friend took it when we were on a camping trip.  Maybe one of these days I'll post a before/after picture :)  Still a little too much loose skin for the after picture, but that should resolve soon.

So...  what to do about the rest of this challenge?

1.  Get back into the Swing of Things :)

2.  Post here daily.

3.  Continue the office clean up

4.  Continue supporting my Assassin Recruits.

Thanks again you guys, you are the best.

Now to post my Monday Macros :)

• Like 6

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

Monday Macros

Weight = 154. Weight gain this week = 1 lb. Total weight loss = 97 lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 21/56/23%. Daily avg cals = 2,533.  Body Fat = 9.6%.

Pretty much spot on.  I do 10k steps each day at work with lots of squats and moving heavy things, so 2500 cals should be a good target.
  • Like 3

I AM SO HAPPY YOU'RE BACK! :D

Here's my deal on cards: I toss cards that are just signatures or are from people with whom I've grown apart. I keep letters, cards with special sentiment, and absolutely everything between my husband and me. My grandpa is the total opposite--he tosses everything out unless there are family pictures on the other side. When he came back from his deployment while dating my grandma, they read their letters to each other on the beach and put them in the fire once they were done. How's that for romantic? :-) 

• Like 2

Thanks my friends, I really do appreciate your support.

Sorry I haven't posted at all this week, I've been really embarrassed about the fact that I haven't lifted a 'bell at all.  I guess I just didn't want to admit it in public.  After checking in on my recruits, I clicked here to post a week recap and read all of your comments.

I went back into the bedroom, grabbed my 16 kg KB, brought it back into the living room and did a set of 20 one hand swings switching hands midway.  It. Felt. Great!  Just like I knew it would.  Thanks all of you :)

Kettlebells do make everything better, I have to remember that.   We've had a couple major stressors building up over the past few months and I've allowed them to affect more of my life than they should have.  KB's are my Zen, I need to get back to them.

So for the part of this challenge that I have continued to be successful with, the office cleanup.  I've worked on the office every day, and it is getting much better.  The main desk is complete and I've cleared off our wide file cabinet.  I have refiled our past decade of taxes and went through 16 years of medical records.  I had kept everything because you never know what you might need for FMLA, disability, or social security.  Now that I'm past that point I tossed most of my old records.  I pretty much only kept what I used to chart the progress of my disease and my progress since the transplant.  One folder of test results.

I'm undecided about what to do with all of our old cards.  We have cards from each other, our kids, grand kids and friends.   We don't look through them very often.  Should I toss them or put them in a nice box on the bookshelf?

I did find a shirtless picture of heavy me that I had totally forgotten that we had.  A friend took it when we were on a camping trip.  Maybe one of these days I'll post a before/after picture :)  Still a little too much loose skin for the after picture, but that should resolve soon.

So...  what to do about the rest of this challenge?

1.  Get back into the Swing of Things :)

2.  Post here daily.

3.  Continue the office clean up

4.  Continue supporting my Assassin Recruits.

Thanks again you guys, you are the best.

Now to post my Monday Macros :)

Hey, we all go through those periods in our fitness journey. Don't be so hard on yourself. Look at what you did accomplish...yay clean office! :)

You could always make a scrapbook of the cards that mean the most to you. I personally keep very few cards. Only the really special ones.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

I keep special cards, but not all.

Glad to hear from you! Never be embarrassed, we all struggle. You are such an encouragement to others, let other encourage you once in a while. Glad you are back in the swing of things.

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Thanks guys, you are awesome!

I got more work done on the office cleaning today, even was able to vacuum the floor :)  Next on the list are the built in bookshelves.  There are going to be a lot of hard decisions there.  Letting go of favorite books is hard, but it shall be done :)

As to the cards...  tossed a few and made a nice spot in the file cabinet for the rest.  Plenty of room for future cards also, so score :)

No kettlebells today, but I did get in near 14k steps.  We don't have our granddaughter after school tomorrow so I'll be able to get a good workout in then.  Looking forward to it.

Thanks again for all of your support.

• Like 3

You're back! I've definitely been there with the too embarrassed to post thing, but I think everyone here probably has. No embarrassment necessary, we all understand and we want to hear from you on the good days and the bad.

Congrats on all your progress in the office! I really cleared out and spiffed up (new furniture and everything) my office last year and I love it. One of the things I had to do was get rid of a lot of books. I made sure that I either had or could get an ebook version of everything I got rid of and only kept my very favorite authors and/or books. I probably reduced my books down to about a quarter of what they were before. It was very scary at first, but I haven't missed any of them. I do read on an ereader almost exclusively though, so YMMV.

Yay, kettlebells! They definitely change your attitude and mood. I'm never sorry I did my workout.

Battle Log

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Thanks guys, you are awesome!

I got more work done on the office cleaning today, even was able to vacuum the floor :)  Next on the list are the built in bookshelves.  There are going to be a lot of hard decisions there.  Letting go of favorite books is hard, but it shall be done :)

As to the cards...  tossed a few and made a nice spot in the file cabinet for the rest.  Plenty of room for future cards also, so score :)

No kettlebells today, but I did get in near 14k steps.  We don't have our granddaughter after school tomorrow so I'll be able to get a good workout in then.  Looking forward to it.

Thanks again for all of your support.

Way to go on the steps and office cleaning. I finally cleaned up our office well enough to vacuum, it is such a good feeling

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Happy Wednesday everybody :)

I did get in some kettlebells today.  Prying Goblet Squats, Halos and Swings.  Only 2 sets of 10 with each hand with 16 kg for the swings, but did get them in.  I plan on adding a set each time I do swings and should get back to normal fairly quickly.  Just have to get my body used to all of the movement at work and doing the workout.  

Going through the books and things on the shelves is going to be slow going.  I spend too much time looking through things like old year books  :)

It was a great day, see you tomorrow :)

• Like 6

Happy Wednesday everybody :)

I did get in some kettlebells today.  Prying Goblet Squats, Halos and Swings.  Only 2 sets of 10 with each hand with 16 kg for the swings, but did get them in.  I plan on adding a set each time I do swings and should get back to normal fairly quickly.  Just have to get my body used to all of the movement at work and doing the workout.  

Smart plan.  Set some quicker workout goals that you can succeed at while you build your body and mind back up.  Glad you shared your struggle.  Hearing about other Nerds working through issues and finding the strength to get back on track is really inspiring.  

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Smart plan. Set some quicker workout goals that you can succeed at while you build your body and mind back up. Glad you shared your struggle. Hearing about other Nerds working through issues and finding the strength to get back on track is really inspiring.

Agreed. I feel way more compelled to not do dumb shit but also better when I do because I can see I'm not a failure, just normal and still improving.

• Like 1

Going through  my books is really kind of fun.  I have made a nice pile of 'to go' books, but am probably keeping too many.  There are ones that I would like to share with the grand kids, and others have been signed by the authors.  I'm down to the cookbooks shelf...  I'm probably not going to get rid of too many of those.  I like cookbooks too much.  

After work today I was beat.  Being out i the cold and wind just drained me.  No kettlebells today.

• Like 1

Today I did the S&S warm ups and three sets of one handed swings with each hand (16kg)  Nice sharp swings, stopping the KB at shoulder height

Worked on the office for several hours today.  Got through the cookbooks, the reference section, and the music CD's.  I put some books on Craigslist and have a large box full ready to go to Half Price Books.  Maybe I can make a dollar or two out of this effort.  The listed books are the National Electrical Codes and a couple other NFPA code books.  They were between $4 and $500 new, maybe I'll get $30 out of the bunch.  I put aside my other industrial maintenance reference books for one of the guys who worked for me, he'll put them to good use.

I'm probably still spending too much time looking at things when cleaning up the office, but having a good time doing it :)

• Like 5

Today I did the S&S warm ups and three sets of one handed swings with each hand (16kg)  Nice sharp swings, stopping the KB at shoulder height

Worked on the office for several hours today.  Got through the cookbooks, the reference section, and the music CD's.  I put some books on Craigslist and have a large box full ready to go to Half Price Books.  Maybe I can make a dollar or two out of this effort.  The listed books are the National Electrical Codes and a couple other NFPA code books.  They were between $4 and $500 new, maybe I'll get $30 out of the bunch.  I put aside my other industrial maintenance reference books for one of the guys who worked for me, he'll put them to good use.

I'm probably still spending too much time looking at things when cleaning up the office, but having a good time doing it :)

Great job with your 'bells!

Good luck with Half Price Books. They used to buy everything, that was one of the things they advertised, but apparently they don't anymore. At least not the ones around here. I tried taking some of mine there and they only wanted to buy two of them out of a huge box of probably around 30-40 books. In the end, I donated all of mine to the local library.

Battle Log

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Monday Macros

Weight = 153. Weight loss this week = 1 lb. Total weight loss = 98 lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 21/55/24%. Daily avg cals = 2,512. Body Fat = 11.4%

Another week on target smile.png

Thanks Athena, I may just wait and sell mine at a yard sale.

I'm making great progress on the office.  We have a large file cabinet that was very underutilized.  It is now utilized :)  I've been doing a whole lot of filing these past few days.  I also have a quick grab and go file box with important stuff that we would have to take with us if we had to leave the house quickly.

No KB's today.

• Like 3