farts.

spatzcat

Mine increased at first, but now that I think of it, I haven't farted while squatting in awhile. I have also decreased my dairy intake since the new year... maybe that was it?

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The thought of me doing this scares me more than you know!

It always made me giggle, it was always right at the bottom of the squat.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

There are two kinds of gas in the intestines released by differing bacterial flora. Bacteria in the foregut love carbs and inulin and when they digest it they produce methane. If you eat a lot of fruit, prebiotic sugars, grains you get this kind of gas and it can be stinky. Protien synthesis usually produces a carbon dioxide type gas that can be copious but generally does not smell as bad...

Now that I said that--me too on the farts decreasing...:) though I did have some beans in chili this weekend and it gave me rocket powered farts! :) p.s. is there no such thing as TMI on this website? LMAO

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

the smell comes mostly from sulfur which is found in meats, eggs, beans, garlic, onions, etc... although i've smelled farts that smell like rotten eggs, onions, beans, I don't recall smelling farts that smell like bread or grains...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

:D at this thread!

Less from me too, although I always ate a lot of beans and lentils before, so that alone explains it!

Fibre has to be fermented by bacteria to be broken down and used by your body. byproduct of fermentation = gas.

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually afraid to make one. - Elbert Hubbard

Tis all about gut bacteria. When the bacteria digest the grainy stuff, they produce gas. The gas itself though isn't the smelly part, but from, as ETF said, other stuff that gets expelled with the increased gassiness.

I'm the opposite of paleo, but on the days when I eat lots of grains and what not, I'm definitely a gas producing machiiiiiiiiiiiine

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

the smell comes mostly from sulfur which is found in meats, eggs, beans, garlic, onions, etc... although i've smelled farts that smell like rotten eggs, onions, beans, I don't recall smelling farts that smell like bread or grains...

Well, given that your digestive system is quite literally chemically accelerated decomposition, I'm not surprised farts smell like rotten versions of things you eat.

Anyway, since cutting grains, I've also noticed a decrease in number and volume of farts, but an increase in the ew-smelly factor.