The Easy Does Its

Scary but exciting - congrats!

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Good Luck with the climbing.

Sorry for disappearing for a bit there guys.  Husband started the second job and it's created another schedule adjust for us (plus now he's exhausted at night and less helpful).  Thankfully the schedule adjust is smaller, so I think I've got it figured out.

On another note - went to David's Tea as was recommended here...I really like my tea.  Plus it was a nice shop and the clerk was really friendly.

Grizzy - you can do it!  Starsapart just went through the whole house buying thing not too long ago (and ran into a few hiccups along the way) if you want a friendly person who could, potentially, offer advice.

I long for the day of getting a house.

What's everyone's strategy for hitting the gym? Are you an early bird/before work? Don't let yourself go home until you get the work out in on the way home?

I'm not a fan of gyms because I don't like the extra step of going there, and they're indoors. I exercise at home either right after work, or in the evening around 8 or 9, when its either I exercise NOW, or I miss a day. With th challenge, I've been good about not missing.

Typed on a kyboard with a wonky 'e' key, which should explain certain mispellings.

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

I also think I need to switch back to the warrior class... I think I'm more of a 'warrior with ADD tendencies.' Which actually kind of sucks because I want to be well-rounded in my fitness, I just don't really enjoy running or yoga or hiking in any serious capacity, just in a 'sometimes I'm in the mood for it' capacity.

Yeah, I feel the same way about Scouts. I'd like to be a ranger class in theory, and I signed up as a druid this time (and have done less than 2 hours of yoga in 3 weeks), but what I enjoy is running, hiking, and biking. I'm giving strength training another shot next challenge, and have signd up for a kettlbll class, but my motivation is to gt into running shap while I can't run.

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

I've been meeting realtively few of my stated goals, but I still feel like I'm winning this challenge. I haven't been recording my food since week one, but I have't been eating a lot of junk food, which is more important to me. I've been staying off my feet a lot, and the plantar fasciitis is much, much better. My challenge was to do 10 minutes yoga a day, but I've been doing 10 minutes of strength exercises instead, and been doing it consistntly. It's really helped my back feel better.

The only place where I'm falling down is that I should be working harder on starting my side business. Last week I was exhausted every single day, and that's what fell by the wayside. This week, I have no such excuse. I need to find a way to remotivate myself. Any suggestions?

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

Past Challenges:

I'm not a fan of gyms because I don't like the extra step of going there, and they're indoors. I exercise at home either right after work, or in the evening around 8 or 9, when its either I exercise NOW, or I miss a day. With th challenge, I've been good about not missing.

Typed on a kyboard with a wonky 'e' key, which should explain certain mispellings.

I'm with fiddle-on. I like having all my exercise in the comfort of my own basement or backyard. I usually get it in in the evening, but I may have to switch to mornings because evening workouts seem to be keeping me from falling asleep as easily.

Exciting news! I just heard back from one of the people I e-mailed about editing there writing! We'll see if anything comes of it.

Karen

• Like 1

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

Past Challenges:

Have a great weekend, all!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

I also feel as though I am accomplishing my goals roughly 75% of the time, but I joined the climbing gym and have gone 3 times this week and will probably go a 4th. It doesn't necessarily feel like working out. 

Eating wise has been hard - had three lunches out at work this week and ate out for dinner last night. Will do the same tonight. I still feel like I am doing well with the exercise, and choosing better choices when I am going out to eat.

Level 6 Halfling Adventurer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/8773

Doing great, so far made all goals all 3 weeks, and expect to do the same this week...   (although I am continuing through Sunday even if the challenge "officially" ends Friday.   Seems a little odd to call it a 4 week challenge but only run for 3 weeks and 5 days LOL.

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

I'm ending this challenge on Friday, and starting the next one (unofficially) on Saturday, mostly because that's when my kettlebell class is, so it's a nice start point.

Fiddle

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

Past Challenges:

I gave myself an A overall. Missed one workout, missed breakfast two days, but did better on my weight loss overall.

Re: my earlier q for gym motication. I've started packing my gym bag the night before and leave it right by the front door so I'm guilted into picking it up on my out in the morning. I commute so the morning work out definitely isn't an option for me but I've been doing a bit better.

I didn't grade myself; I really don't keep close enough track of my behaviors to be able to do it accurately based on the grading scale, so next challenge I'm going to do a results-based grading scale.

But I did lose 2 pounds this challenge, started lifting again, got almost up to my previous PRs for all of my lifts, and read 8 books. So I think I did okay.

Now, when are the new challenge forums going to go up???

I am also looking at an A overall (well already in A range percentage wise) but I'm continuing through the weekend as 26 days is NOT 4 weeks and my goals were set on a 28 day basis LOL.

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

Congrats on the A's guys.

I don't have a grade and I think I need to go back to my binder.  I had a binder that hung out with me every day when I did challenges before.  I kept better track of things that way since I'm more of a pen and paper writer than a digital writer.  It was also good because I don't usually use computers on the weekends, so I still tracked.

Next challenge goals are starting to wind through my brain. 

I think I got an overall B. I did really awesome with my exercise. Not only did I start exercising more, but I also found TWO forms of exercise I really, really enjoy doing. I love the combination of climbing and yoga. I also make sure to get in at least 20 minutes of cardio before or after climbing. 

Eating has been another story. I have gone out to eat so many times because of work. I got a big F for that one. I really liked eating paleo before, and feel that I do better when I have a lot of structure. I feel I can make better decisions about eating out while eating paleo, so 80/20 paleo will be my next goal.

Looking forward to the next challenge!

Level 6 Halfling Adventurer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/8773