Jakkals gaan aan.

Jakkals

Jakkals gaan aan.

My umpteenth challenge, I've sort of lost track (15?16?)

Like last time, small steps towards a new brain.

1. Truth

As part of my bravery challenge last time I've found that I tend not to talk the truth. I know why, and it is time to speak what is on my mind and not what I think other people want to hear. And also to myself. This is going to be difficult.

2. Pomodoro

Almost every part of tackling my internet addiction problem obsession thingy so far has been a disaster.

I also want to learn the Pomodoro Technique,  so every day I have to do something important for 10 minutes (baby steps!)

3. Food

My weight has been creeping up the past few months. It is not a disaster, but since I want to have a six-pack this year I have to start dropping fat again. I have to learn how to eat slower, and watch when I have to stop.

4. Exercise

NF Yoga and Weights. I am still fumbling a bit for a sustainable routine, but I will get there.

5. Cutlery

This is the new career/money thing I want to do. One knife a week. I am getting better at it.

All of this is sustainable, and a good stepping stone to get to the next level.

But do not expect much during the first week, I am still on holiday for a week and will not feel guilty for slacking.

• Like 8

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Hats off to you for making truth part of your challenge. I find it sometimes very tough to let others in on what I actually think. Not because of a problem with truth, but because of worry what people might think of it. 

I'll be sticking around, but not only for the reason of seeing great knives! :)

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

All great areas to find incremental improvements.  I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

A very holiday day. I got up late, read a lot this morning, did some work on a knife, and after talking too much this afternoon I spend the rest of the time sleeping and reading.

And this is so like me. I need to work on this.

963605-650-1449563743-baopu_15_yx_112415

• Like 7

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Jakkals, thank you for posting this! I've printed it out and put it above my desk, and it will also go above the desk at my work. This is so great! 

Change of attitude is what I need, too, and this reminds one beautifully how important the right attitude is. To word things differently isn't even that hard, but it has such a positive impact on how one is received and how one makes others feel about being with us. 

• Like 5

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Vonk is not feeling well. He still wants to go for walks but he does not seem right, I will have to take him to the Vet tomorrow if he is not better.

Did my 20 seconds of courage today. Very proud of myself.

Finished my knife, and took some pictures but they look so bad I will have to redo them tomorrow.

And made some flypress tooling for the Saber.

Introverts

• Like 5

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Very expensive Vet visit. Vonk got 3 injections and some medicine. He has got Bosluiskoors (Tick bite fever?  I am sure it is not the right translation but a quick go on google confused me even more, so I decided it is not important.) 

And my brain went stupid today. I had a few triggers this morning. Recognizing them is not the same as preventing them.

It was very hot today.

And a picture of the knife. Lot of fun trying to do a hollow grind on a recurve. 

12494759_10153389058201589_5039166094714

And the sort of thing I was aiming for.

Yellow-Billed-Hornbill-300x225.jpg

• Like 7

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

I don't know what a hollow grind on a recurve is, but I concur, that knife is totally wicked.

Good luck with Vonk. If it is Lyme disease it should be fine.

Almost impossible to prevent triggers. Recognizing them is good. And then you learn to do deal with as they come up so you can be more in control of your reactions.

Very expensive Vet visit. Vonk got 3 injections and some medicine. He has got Bosluiskoors (Tick bite fever?  I am sure it is not the right translation but a quick go on google confused me even more, so I decided it is not important.) 

And my brain went stupid today. I had a few triggers this morning. Recognizing them is not the same as preventing them.

It was very hot today.

And a picture of the knife. Lot of fun trying to do a hollow grind on a recurve. 

12494759_10153389058201589_5039166094714

Yellow-Billed-Hornbill-300x225.jpg

I'm glad Conk is on the mend.

Love the knife!

Recognizing the triggers is the first step. Then comes changing the go-to response. You can do this. One step at a time.

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

It was very hot today.

Yip you got it absolutely right! Tick bite fever is the common name, the medical name is biliary. Shame, glad you caught it in time, because the vet could still give injections. One of the first symptoms is listlessness, then loss of appetite, and then their gums and balls of their eyes go white, because of loss of red blood cells. Hope Vonk is right as rain in a couple of days.

That knife is stunning! I first I just saw the knife, and then the Yellow Hornbill, but I immediately thought of the bird, when I saw the knife! Great job!

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I'm glad Conk is on the mend.

Love the knife!

Recognizing the triggers is the first step. Then comes changing the go-to response. You can do this. One step at a time.

I just realized that autocorrect changed Vonk to conk. Sorry. :/

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Hope Vonk is alright, glad you caught it in time that they could give injections. 

I'm following along as always, I'm just sucking at foruming lately. BUT I'm cheering you on :D

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

Oow and forgot to mention you're knife looks wicked. Have you ever made knives with a metal handle?

Not yet. But I'v seen some great pictures. It's coming.

Helloooo :)

Hi there!

I don't know what a hollow grind on a recurve is, but I concur, that knife is totally wicked.

Thank you. 

Yip you got it absolutely right! Tick bite fever is the common name, the medical name is biliary

Gosh, thank you. I wish I had your brains.

I'm just sucking at foruming lately. BUT I'm cheering you on :D

You may be sucking at the foruming, but you are not sucking at the cheering onning. (Is that even a word?)

Very hot day. At lunchtime it was 38.6 C. But there are thunder in the distance tonight, it will be missing us but hopefully it will cool things down.

And of course I had to spend some time forging this morning. With gloves and safety gear. I drank a lot of water.

12439055_10153390996501589_6556410281208

And I do not always like Elliot Hulse, but this is good. "Awe, not fear."

• Like 4

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

It is raining! Not very hard, but it is cool and nice outside.

I did spend the morning cleaning up my work table. For the first time in months I can actually use it.

This afternoon I spend an hour waiting at the bank and then I went and bought myself a cellphone. The cheapest one I could find. R129 /$8. If it last for a year I would be happy. It is the seventh phone I have owned since my first in 1999. 

And took Vonk for a walk. The Vet said three days of rest, but he was so enthusiastic that I had too. At least it was cool.

And I am trying to get my NF character thingy set up. I do not think "wishing for other people to disappear" count as an epic quest.

And I got a personal phone call last night. 

Human.

• Like 5

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Getting calls is hard.  I always stutter and stammer on the phone, even with people that I can normally speak with in person.

I am happy that Vonk is doing better.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)