Hello fellow Scouts!

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year. I had a ridiculous chest infection which is still hanging around unfortunately.

Anyway my scouting plans for 2016 involve a half marathon in March, a marathon in May and a 10k at the London Olympic Village finishing in the Queen Elizabeth Stadium in July. That's all I've got booked at the moment but I'll book more as I go along.

So the plan is

Goal 1. Run three times per week as per my marathon training plan

This is a long slow run on Tuesdays, fast 5km on Thursday and a steady 7-8km on a Sunday. The long slow runs are currently at just under 12km and I will be increasing this each week, with a shorter run every 4-5th week to rest.

I also run with the beginners group as a leader a couple of nights a week, and some skills sessions on a Monday evening. These will be in addition to the three training plan runs.

Goal 2. Yoga or cross training three times per week

I will focus on improve my core strength which should help my running. I will either go to the gym and follow a program set by my PT or do a session at home from the Yoga Studio app.

Goal 3. Walk 7000 steps daily

I'm not very good at walking anywhere. I'm happy to run it or I go in the car. I got a Garmin Vivofit at Christmas so I will walk 7000 steps per day, in excess of any running steps.

Level Up my Life. Take my anti-hypertensive drugs daily

Fairly self explanatory. I don't take my meds because I forget. It's one tiny tasteless tablet each day. I think my brain refuses to accept that I have high blood pressure as I do not sit in any of the high risk groups. Hopefully having it as a goal on here will prompt me.

No fancy gifs or anything at the moment. I promise to be more entertaining as we go through the 4WC.

• Like 3

We all must begin somewhere:

2s61ncn.jpg

At least this is how I feel with yoga :D

This is me. I'm not very well co-ordinated. I will never be a glamorous yoga lady. I'm the red faced one falling over!

I've been out for a little run tonight but it's not part of my training so doesn't count. It was a nice run though as I've not run properly for a while. I ran last night but I only managed a mile because my chest was really tight. Stupid chest infection. I also ran with the beginners group tonight. It was a great turn out for the first session. I love helping the beginners groups.

My marathon training plan for tomorrow is for a slow 9 mile run. I'm not sure I can manage that at the moment but I'm going to try in the morning. I've also prepared a huge chicken salad to eat afterwards so I've got no excuses to visit McDonald's on the way home.

I took my medications today and I've walked 11330 steps. So all good there.

I promise something more exciting tomorrow.

• Like 1

Great start! take it easy if you are not feeling well!

• Like 1

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Great start! take it easy if you are not feeling well!

Thanks.

I should've done a long run today, but I only managed 5km as my chest was a bit tight. I'll hopefully manage to get my longer run in later this week. I'm hoping that the shorter runs I'm doing each day will build me back up. I will class today as my 5km run of this week. I also ran with the beginners group again tonight at my running club.

No strength training today but I have completed 12904 steps today and remembered to take my blood pressure tablets.

All good so far. I'm just waiting for the new levelling up system to get sorted.

Today has been a much better day. Hooray!

*Insert some sort of awesome celebration gif here when I learn how to do it*

I ran with the beginners twice today and supervised the improvers group, I ran about 5km altogether today. All runs felt ok, my breathing seems to be improving and my legs are coping better today. I must be doing the right thing.

I also had a session at the gym today. I hadn't been for a fortnight so I was worried how I would manage but I equalled my best squats and increased the weight on my bench press. I did feel short of breath during some of it but managed to do all of it. I think it was the best strength session I could have expected.

I've managed to walk over 15500 steps today too.

Tomorrow is a running rest day but I'll do some yoga.

Hey Princess,  I like your challenge and you are doing some pretty similar things to me - yoga and marathon training.    Which marathon will you be doing?   Have fun training for it - what is your furthest distance so far?  I'm at 16km-ish.

Oh, and I'm not sure what you know now or not, but to put gifs in a thread just find the gif you want, right click it and choose to copy and paste it like you would with any other image.

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

Wow, you've really got a good program here - I like it. And a complete set of races all mapped out. What's the marathon you're doing? (*checks scout calendar*   *finds nothing*)

Anyway, I see you're off to a good start, and... ooh, coincidence, we've had a wee man in to fix our boiler this morning too. I hope you were able to shower after your run at least...?

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Hey Princess, I like your challenge and you are doing some pretty similar things to me - yoga and marathon training. Which marathon will you be doing? Have fun training for it - what is your furthest distance so far? I'm at 16km-ish.

Oh, and I'm not sure what you know now or not, but to put gifs in a thread just find the gif you want, right click it and choose to copy and paste it like you would with any other image.

I'm doing Milton Keynes. It's meant to be quite and easy run as it's flat. I wanted to come out your way for the DLP HM in September but it'll be too pricey

I'm only up to 12km at the moment but I can do that comfortably. I should be further on but I've had the best part of 3 weeks off so I'm behind schedule

Thanks for the tip on gifs. I'm still failing to add one. I wonder if because I use an iPad?

Wow, you've really got a good program here - I like it. And a complete set of races all mapped out. What's the marathon you're doing? (*checks scout calendar*   *finds nothing*)

Anyway, I see you're off to a good start, and... ooh, coincidence, we've had a wee man in to fix our boiler this morning too. I hope you were able to shower after your run at least...?

I will add my races to the calendar. It MK marathon and I'm doing Silverstone HM in March. My running group leader is going to pace me for the HM. She thinks I should go for 2:15 but my 10km best is only 1:05 so I think that's ambitious.

My boiler was fixed today so I'm not so cold now!

There's nothing wrong with ambitious.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I'd better do a quick round up of week 1.

Goal 1. I managed a 5km and two runs of 8km each. Not as much as I should be doing according to my training plan but I'm much better than I was this time last week. My run last night was great. I ran with a friend at running who is doing the HM with me. He's much faster and more experienced than me but he ran at my speed as he hasn't run any distance for years. We ran a negative split and chatted all the way around. It was the first run I've done for weeks where I felt good afterwards.

Goal 2. I only managed two sessions at the gym. I did no yoga, despite buying a yoga mat on Saturday.

Goal 3. Over 7000 steps everyday except one. I totalled over 90000 for the week.

Level Up My Life: tablets taken 6 days out of 7. That's a huge improvement.

I'm really upset today though. I bloody loved David Bowie. My third (?) challenge was Labyrinth based. So sad. I don't remember being this upset when anyone famous died. I've seen him in concert 3 times and I went to the Bowie exhibition at the Victoria and Albert museum a few years ago. I've been watching his videos on MTV all day. I'm going to watch some of his films later. I like The Prestige, so I'm hoping that's on a streaming service.

2ng4i2g.jpg

• Like 1

Great first week and awesome GIF skills!

and RIP Bowie :(

• Like 1

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan