[DarK_RaideR] Lok'tar Ogar!

DarK_RaideR

“Ugh”

For some reason, the first thing I could feel was the inside of my mouth. My tongue felt like it was made of sawdust and tar. My throat was equally dry and coarse, then a stinging pain across my spine made every nerve explode, flooding me with a sudden rush of adrenaline as the rest of my senses returned to me. The pain retreated, much like a quick stab, letting the sensory information fall into place slowly. Everything about my back told me I was lying on cold hard rock. “Cursed Pandemonium, I was washed down the tunnels again, wasn’t I?” I said to no one in particular.

“This isn’t Pandemonium. And you are no longer who you thought you were” no one in particular answered back. A female voice, soft with the sound of age-old wisdom. “Externally, at least”. I tried to jump up and face whoever was talking to me, but my body felt way heavier than I remembered. Probably from the shock, I thought. It’s ok, I’ll make it less spectacular. Rolling over and hopping up was so instinctive, it happened faster than my brain could process what was going on. At first I wondered if my shoulders were wider than I thought, then I caught sight of my two hands planted on the ground. Meaty and dark skinned, they propelled me to a standing position albeit not as gracefully as I had hoped. I could literally feel time expand on my upward flight as I was stunned in amazement. Taking a moment to inspect my form before facing the origin of that voice, I found myself wide and muscular. “Not that I’m complaining for the upgrade, but what exactly is going on here?”

“There is no way to easy way to explain this” the voice began. I looked around. I was in some sort of cave, lit by some otherworldly source that balanced perfectly between eerie and indifferent. A woman in a long white dress stood nearby, her silver hair held in two long pigtails hanging behind her head. She would have looked girlish, if not for the elongated canines on her lower jaw. Plus, she was partly transparent. “No, you’re not dead” she answered the obvious question that was beginning to form on the back of my mind. “What do you remember about yourself?”

I scratched the back of my head, remarking how both my finger and skull felt thicker. “I am a Planeswalker, a githzerai. My name feels old and unpronounceable now, but I remember it meant something about a wanderer or a raider. Uhm, I used to wield a flaming bastard sword. And the last place I visited was the Howling Madness of Pandemonium. It’s all black from there”. The ghostly figure listened with genuine care and perhaps a hint of surprise. “That is… way more than most usually remember. You are a strong soul indeed. I do not know those things you speak of, but I know that somehow you have passed into our world, reborn. Reincarnation, us shamans call it, although yours is a unique case. Plus, you came out as a mag’har, the Uncorrupted of our race. This is how we originally were. I cannot say the same for this place. Alas, once beautiful Draenor is now the shattered dimension of the Outlands.”

“Draenor?” I exclaimed. “I’ve read about this place. Well, us Planeswalkers are about going to places and learning from experience, but it never hurts to go somewhere prepared. Right. Draenor. Uhm, used to be full of Orcs and Draenei, until the former slew the latter and invaded human lands through some portal, right?” The woman gave me a sad smile. “That’s part of it, yes. We used to exist together until sometime after my death under the hooves of a clefthoof. I was a shaman and leader of the Frostwolf clan, then my apprentice Drek’Thar took over. He was tricked by some demon impersonating me into joining the Draenei purge, but when the demon and its lackeys asked him to abandon shamanism for the ways of the demon-worshipping warlock, he wisely refused. Our clan was exiled while the others drank the blood of demons and became their enraged slaves, invading the human lands twice as their vanguard. By the time of the Third War, Warchief Thrall sought our clan once more as he tried to bring our race back to its shamanistic roots. Thanks to that and the heroic sacrifice of Grom Hellscream, the orcs were freed from their demonic chains and fought back the demonic invasion alongside their former enemies. Most settled in their new home of Durotan, but our clan retreated elsewhere.”

“I see…” were my only words as I tried to take in all the information and sort it out. “Well, of all the places I could exist as an Orc, looks like I landed in the best” I said sarcastically, receiving a raised eyebrow from the spectral woman. Clearly she had no idea that in most worlds I knew existed, Orcs are savage brutes at best. “So what now?”

“Patience, young one” the woman said and held out a hand. “There is still much to learn. I will tell you most of it in time and some of it you’ll find out yourself. What’s important right now is strengthening that soul of yours first. It made it through its journey with remarkable resilience. You should cherish and protect it, lest you forget who you really are. Once that is done, you need to get around and learn about your new home. From experience, just the way you like it". The tone of her voice told the story of how she enjoyed the jest, playfully devoid of any irony. "That, and a wolf. No orc can call himself a Raider until he’s got a dire wolf to ride. We call the local variety Frostwolf Howlers.”

“What a charming name” I snapped with pure irony instead.

“We should also work on your attitude” the woman struck back without batting an eyelid. “The proper ork response would be ‘Lok'tar Ogar!’ That’s ‘For Victory or Death” in our language. That’s our battlecry.”

tumblr_nfa4bxRHSF1u06yj7o6_500.gif

Apparently, the comments about eating and snoring like an Orc were turned into inspiration for my new RPG NF alter ego since I thought "why not also train, fight and face challenges like an Orc?". Warcraft was an easy pick with it's epic take on the noble savagery of Orcs, plus there's plenty of inspiring lore I intend to integrate into the story along with a few surprises. This is not a respawn but rather a reincarnation, hence the link to my githzerai character from my first few NF challenges. Now, onto the TL;DR version good stuff!

orc-box-art.jpg

Soul Power: A Link to the Past

Never forget what you've been through, because it made you who you are. In less fancy wording, stick with what's worked so far. Don't eat like a dickhead and do at least 3 crossfit workouts every week. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

frostwolf_howler_by_tesshinn.jpg

Frostwolf Howler

No Orc can call itself a Raider until it has a Dire Wolf upon which to ride. I used to be in the junior leagues with a 125cc motorcycle license and a scooter to go with it. 2+ years later, the scooter is sold and the license ready to be upgraded. My quest is to acquire information on the necessary process, do what has to be done, upgrade said license and buy a motorcycle of at least 400cc. Also, get a full-face helmet.

tumblr_nfa4bxRHSF1u06yj7o4_500.gif

For the Horde!

Keeping goals simple, this is a catch-all quest in which to keep track of guild mini progress, PvPs and any other weird stuff you folks get me dragged into...

Logocopy.gif

• Like 22

I get to be the first to comment! This is a great reincarnation, and I love the simplicity of the goals. Looking forward to another challenge with you sir!

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Love the simple, no nonsense goal format.  And orcs!  And Warcraft

S2jnZ.gif

Can we drop all pretense and just admit that both of our challenges could have come from either of our imaginations?  haha

• Like 8

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

I'm just going to leave this here.  Y'know, for obvious reason and whatnot.

Orcs and Dwarves, if you were wondering.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that you two are long-lost twins or something

You might be on to something there.

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Oooh. This is gonna be good...

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I get to be the first to comment! This is a great reincarnation, and I love the simplicity of the goals. Looking forward to another challenge with you sir!

That was an awesome story :D

What style of bike are you hoping to get? I still need to get my moto license

Thanks! I'm probably looking for a Kawasaki KLE 500 (or 400, worst case scenario)

Im in for the Warcraft love!!!

It's such a great world full of amazing lore, but sadly few bother beyond the point-and-click black hole of WoW...

Love the simple, no nonsense goal format.  And orcs!  And Warcraft

Can we drop all pretense and just admit that both of our challenges could have come from either of our imaginations?  haha

I knew you'd love it and using that Grom gif in your challenge was a hint that we're onto the same thing again. As for your question, we'll see about that when Rurik the dwarf hunter shows up in my story ;)

I'm becoming more and more convinced that you two are long-lost twins or something

Have I told you I grew a beard during the holidays? B)

• Like 5

Glad to have you onboard, as always!

I'm just going to leave this here.  Y'know, for obvious reason and whatnot.

Not bad, but it could use a little more dakka (I was considering Warhammer, but its Orks are dumb brutes so I went Warcraft)

Sweet, what bike are you thinking of? 

I used to have a Suzuki SV650, loved that bike.

My upgraded license has some weird limits concerning horsepower and a power/weight ratio, but I'm pretty sure anything from 600cc and beyond I'm not allowed to ride yet. Suits me fine, I'm kinda scared to make the jump from a 125cc scooter to motorbeast without some prior intermediate experience.

Love the reincarnation concept! Happy 2016 :)

Just my way of linking it to the upcoming avatar system (is it up yet?) and connecting it to my past RPG alter ego

You reincarnated just in time for the new challenge!

The spirits are wise in their ways...

Oooh. This is gonna be good...

Hang tight!

So... did you see the warcraft movie trailer? >u>

I love how it's gonna be mainly about Lothar and Durotan. They're a great set of rivals, iconic leaders for their respective races and it's part of the pre-Warcraft 3 lore that many people are unaware of. I'm just hoping they get the beach duel scene right.

Following along, as ever! 

I am so honored to host the Supreme Leader of Great Butt-ain in my thread!

• Like 4

My ears pricked up at the motorbike talk. Sounds like your licence system is similar to the one in the UK. I did what we call Compulsory Basic Training which allows you to ride up to a 125cc on learner plates. I had a beautiful Yamaha TZR125 but had to sell it when times got tough and never got round to doing my full test. It's something I hope to do in the next few years.

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

My Frostwolf Howler's probably gonna look something like this

Kawasaki%20KLE500%2093.jpg

because vintage bikes and cafe racers look cool, but can't get you where a Ranger needs to go ;)

Also, I forgot to put it into a goal, but I will be making every day a list of chores to be done, kind of like a WOD for Domestic and Life Rangering. It's easy to get overwhelmed with all the work/study/training and forget to do the little things until they pile up and seem impossible. Probably gonna set it up as a "Daily/Side Quest" log and strike out stuff at the end of the day. I'm guessing it'll work nicely with the new avatar/epic quest list.

• Like 3

A switch of alter-ego. This is quite exciting, and seems like the Frostwolf Howler is going to be awesome!

• Like 1

Great challenge, Rurik!  Oh.  wait.  This is actually Raider's challenge.  You two are really confusing sometimes.  ;)

I really appreciate that you're keeping your goals simple and just staying the course with the things that work for you.  Also, that's a sweet looking bike.  :)

Good luck with the adulting.  I've found that setting a timer for 15 or 30 minutes, putting on some good music, and then just telling myself that I have to continue cleaning or adulting until the timer goes off has helped me a lot.

• Like 5

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Good luck with the adulting.  I've found that setting a timer for 15 or 30 minutes, putting on some good music, and then just telling myself that I have to continue cleaning or adulting until the timer goes off has helped me a lot.

Along the same lines, I have been using pomodoro timers to help me adult. Most of them are for 25 minutes on/5 minutes off but you can make them for whatever you want and they are supposed to be really good for productivity... they were actually recommended by one of the CNF headmasters (maybe Jonathan?) which is why I checked it out. I was skeptical at first but I've gotten a lot done using them!

• Like 2

It's not really about adulting. It's not like I have an issue devoting some time to Domestic Rangering. It's more of a "don't get drowned by work at the office and forget to make a call for an appointment at the hairdresser" kind of deal

• Like 5

I like the simplicity of the goals, but what I like the most is that one of them includes a freaking bike! I'm more of a custom/bobber/sportster fan but hey, you gotta respect a Kawa. Lok'tar Ogar!

Like I said, cafe racers are for people who frequent cafeterias. Rangers need to hit places where mud is around. Not going for a downright dirtbike as most of my actual mileage will be in the city and on proper roads, so the hybrid class does the trick and fits the hybrid ranger vibe.

In other words, horses are nice but where this Orc is headed, he needs a Frostwolf Howler mount ;)

Subbing of course. You really have a "hairdresser"? Also did you really grow a beard over the holidays? If so pictures are in order.

Yay, of course, yup and perhaps. Exactly in that order

• Like 5

Awesome story dude- I miss your writing :)

And simple is best/ I went the same route and it's already getting me ample energy to sustain these next 4-weeks. I'm charging enough for you too, brotha. It's the Wild Wolf Way

Btw, my Quidditch training and tryout shouldn't get in the way of shooting our movie. Just thought you should know [emoji106]ðŸ»

Wolf

"Let the Broomstick do the talking."

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.