Doc Viking begins to fight himself

Einar

I was going to do a theme, but then I didn't.  Might add one as this week progresses, might just work on one for next challenge.  Anyways, the next couple months are going to be in a state of uncertainty.  My gf is in the process of buying a house back where I grew up and as things are heading into deeper waters I am looking for a job back there with the intent of moving.  With that I'm going to step out of the gym and use the challenge I created for the doodlies as an impetus to start training at home with the limited equipment I have.  Back to the stone age.  Unfortunately it is winter here in the Midwest so most of my training will be indoors forcing me to improvise.

Goal 1:  Strength train 3x/wk.  Most of this will obviously be bodyweight training but will also do NF yoga to work on limbering myself back up as I let my flexibility fall way too far from back in my Martial Arts days.  I'm also planing on starting with my combative training.

Goal 2:  Cardio 3x/wk.  HIIT will be my mainstay here.  I'm going to see if I can jump rope in my bedroom in the basement, if so that will also become a staple of my training.

Goal 3:  Eat Primally 6x/wk.  Chicken, fish, eggs, bacon, veggies, etc.  I'm going to stay away from any processed food or drinks.  Except black coffee and unsweetened tea.  The two biggest speed bumps will be cheese (I'm not going to completely cut this out just cut way back) and bread.  I'm usually good with bread but sometimes I will eat a loaf in 3-4 days with copious amounts of peanut butter.

• Like 11

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

Following.

Welcome Tank, glad to see you.

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

Representing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Representing.

I was just marveling that Tank beat any doodlies to my thread.  Guess that's what happens when I throw my thread up after half the doodlies are sleeping.

• Like 3

-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

It is kind of crazy. I figured I'd get here before other people beat the Doodlies.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Also, I'm going to be tracking by taking measurements rather than using the scale.  Took the first set of measurements tonight on my neck, chest, waist, and hips.  I'm contemplating taking more measurements tomorrow on my arms and legs but I don't foresee much in the way of changes on those right now.  Either way I'll probably take them just so I have a complete picture as time goes on. 

• Like 1

-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

I was just marveling that Tank beat any doodlies to my thread.  Guess that's what happens when I throw my thread up after half the doodlies are sleeping.

DAMMIT I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON I'D CONDITIONED MYSELF TO NEVER SLEEP. 

Here to see awesomeness Doc. Kill it. 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Back to basics, I like it!

Good luck with finding a new job :)

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Following along! like the goals went with the KISS method I see :D

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"  - Conan

Quests

Here's the link to the workout I'm going base my training for Goal 1 & 2 off of for this challenge

• Like 2

-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

Here's the link to the workout I'm going base my training for Goal 1 & 2 off of for this challenge

One thing to add to this, since this is the doodlie pvp challenge I made if I'm gonna do it as my workout then that means I need to do it more and do it better.  If I fail this then I will have to wear the cone of shame.

• Like 2

-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

One thing to add to this, since this is the doodlie pvp challenge I made if I'm gonna do it as my workout then that means I need to do it more and do it better.  If I fail this then I will have to wear the cone of shame.

you could try this..

Cone+of+shame_28c316_3599196.jpg

• Like 4

Spoiler

See, I think it should be a pink sparkly, sequined cone of shame with furry boa feathers. And glitter! Much glitter! And pictures must be taken. And posted.

Agreed

• Like 1
Spoiler

I'm usually good with bread but sometimes I will eat a loaf in 3-4 days with copious amounts of peanut butter.

Try not to keep bread in the house. It has worked wonders for me even when I live with my parents, my brother and my sister. I stopped eating(and buying) bread which encouraged them to reduce their bread intake, thus making the overall bread consumption much lower. Nowadays you shouln't find more than two or three mignones for my dad who does not precisely care for dietary changes, Therefore it's nearly impossible for me to get tempted by delicious flour subproducts since I'd have to get to the backery to purchase them on the first place. Is just a thought tho.

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn

Try not to keep bread in the house. It has worked wonders for me even when I live with my parents, my brother and my sister. I stopped eating(and buying) bread which encouraged them to reduce their bread intake, thus making the overall bread consumption much lower. Nowadays you shouln't find more than two or three mignones for my dad who does not precisely care for dietary changes, Therefore it's nearly impossible for me to get tempted by delicious flour subproducts since I'd have to get to the backery to purchase them on the first place. Is just a thought tho.

^This. Food choice are won and lost at the grocery store.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

^This. Food choice are won and lost at the grocery store.

Unfortunately I live with two roommates that couldn't give a fuck.  One seems to subsist on nothing but pasta, pizza, and beer and feeds his kids the same only subbing juice for the beer and adding more cookies and shit.  And the other one seems to live off of pasta, "healthy" meals, and chinese takeout.  In other words the shit food is always going to be here as long as I'm living with them so I'll just do my best not to buy any of the stuff I don't want and not give in to moments of weakness and eat what they are having.

• Like 4

-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

Unfortunately I live with two roommates that couldn't give a fuck.  One seems to subsist on nothing but pasta, pizza, and beer and feeds his kids the same only subbing juice for the beer and adding more cookies and shit.  And the other one seems to live off of pasta, "healthy" meals, and chinese takeout.  In other words the shit food is always going to be here as long as I'm living with them so I'll just do my best not to buy any of the stuff I don't want and not give in to moments of weakness and eat what they are having.

I recommend getting a bit angry with the situation - when you face unhealthy foods in your house, go "huh, you think you gonna get me? YOU PUNK!" and get a bit angry. Eat that healthy option just to mock the unhealthy food. TRASH TALK the unhealthy food outta your mind! D8<

• Like 6

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

I recommend getting a bit angry with the situation - when you face unhealthy foods in your house, go "huh, you think you gonna get me? YOU PUNK!" and get a bit angry. Eat that healthy option just to mock the unhealthy food. TRASH TALK the unhealthy food outta your mind! D8<

I love this!

• Like 1
Spoiler

I don't know about anyone else but I kinda imagine Doc mentally trash talks everything he sees in life. 

• Like 4

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I don't know about anyone else but I kinda imagine Doc mentally trash talks everything he sees in life.

Can't claim to know him that much (yet?)but as weird as bullying inanimate objects may seem I'm sure as hell it works (I do it when my co-workers bring donuts to the office) and if not, well it's kinda funny to watch [emoji14]
  • Like 4

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn