Hey all,

Just wanted to do the customary introduction and say hi to everyone. I'm 25 years old and looking to get back into the shape that I've only achieved when in the military. Not a complete newbie to working out as my stint in the military and a season of high school wrestling gave me some good fundamentals. I've been dabbling with this for a bit but am looking to get serious in the new year. Going to rely primarily on body weight exercises (calesthenics and homemade suspension trainer) to start out. Moving forward I'm going to reward myself once I lose a good 20-30 pounds with a chin up bar. Right now I don't trust myself on the ones that will work on my door. Anyway, I'm looking forward to sharing this experience with you guys. Love the concept of us "nerds" getting together to level up in life. Not that much of a gamer myself. I have a ps3 and play games from time to time on it. Right now I'm in the process of playing Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. I love that game! haha... anyway, see you guys around!

"The Word Belongs to Those that Hustle!" - From The Art of Manliness

Fitocracy Profile

Hey Apoc, welcome aboard! Love the idea of rewarding yourself with something positive like a pull-up bar.

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: center] [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Shmikey Lvl 1 Half-Elf Assassin | STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3 |
"True courage is the ready and steadfast acceptance of whatever pains are incidental to securing the personal and public ends that are at stake." -William De Witt Hyde [/TABLE]

Welcome to the Rebellion Apoc! There are a those of us around here who are all about calisthenics, so join the club! :tongue: Have you figured out some specific goals to start aiming for?

Good luck!

~~~

And welcome to Juanthan as well!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)

Hi Sco,

I still haven't sat down and figured out my "level 50". However, a loose goal of mine would be to fit into some clothes that I have stored from a while back. Very possible but just a matter of making some smaller goals, or levels, to get me there. Thanks to everyone for your welcome.

"The Word Belongs to Those that Hustle!" - From The Art of Manliness

Fitocracy Profile