"You refer to the prophecy of The One who will bring balance to the Force..."

"You were the chosen one... You were to bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!"

Ever since reading this article, I have wanted to be part of the type of Jedi council it describes. I simply never acted on it until now.

I will be taking it quite literal with a Jedi theme. All Star Wars fans welcome. Onto the lore.

There exists a recon special ops team within the Resistance. They were simply referred to over radio as "Vision squad," or Vision for short, and the name stuck.
They work closely with the Alpha squad on the front line, relaying information and providing support via stealth missions as needed.
Recently, the Force has awakened in the galaxy, and a certain number of the Vision squad have found new power.
Unsure of what to do with it, they have decided to keep it to themselves, and have grown even closer because of it.

I would like this council to be tight-knit and consist of 8 members. Ideally, 4 mentors and 4 mentees, all working together to complete their missions.

I have created a Discord server (alternative to Skype) for us to use for meetings and hangouts: Vision Discord server

It can be used in your web browser (limited features) or in a full-featured, low resource client. It also has a mobile app.

Level 7 Ranger

STR 19 | STA 16 | DEX 17 | CON 10 | WIS 8 | CHA 8

Battle Log | Previous Challenge | Progress Photos

Sounds interesting! What would make the different between a mentor and a mentee? And what sort of thing would you like to accomplish with the Council? How long would you like it last for (just this Challenge?)

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, I'm just very intrigued. 

Panda  

Hobbit | Drifter | Level 3

STR 6 | DEX 5 | STA 2 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 2

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Training | Challenge 1 2 3 4 | Epic Quest

Sounds interesting! What would make the different between a mentor and a mentee? And what sort of thing would you like to accomplish with the Council? How long would you like it last for (just this Challenge?)

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, I'm just very intrigued. 

A mentor is someone who has experience with fitness and/or challenges under their belt, and a mentee is newer or even on their first challenge. What I'm looking to accomplish with this Council is a tight-knit group that helps each other and becomes friends along the way. I would like it to last longer than this challenge, spanning multiple challenges. I should have mentioned that in the opening post. The questions aren't a problem at all.

Level 7 Ranger

Hi, I'm Emily, huge Star Wars fan, and on my first Rebel challenge. :) Is this something you are still considering? I would most definitely be a mentee, and I know you're probably looking more for mentors at this point, but I would love to involved if you'll have me. Thanks!

Love!

"The best place to find a helping hand, is at the end of your own arm"

First Challenge

With Discord, you don't have a true "friends list" but you do have Direct Messages similar to Twitter. You can keep or delete conversations, and this can act as a friends list.

Other than that, the chat rooms function similarly to IRC, and the voice channels to Skype or TeamSpeak.

Level 7 Ranger