Caolan Steps Back Up to the Plate

caolan

I had a lot of fun here and made some great progress through a couple of challenges about a year ago, but I lost my way last year.  This is my moment to resume my march toward my goals.  My long-term goals are still about weight loss and fitness, and I am adding in a goal around photography.  So here we go:

Big Goals for 2016:

1. Lose 50 pounds

2. Participate in a triathlon

3. Rescue my photo library from chaos

What am I going to do during this 4-week challenge to help me reach my goals?

1. Get back in the habit of tracking all of my meals on MFP, and maintain a deficit of 500 calories per day on average throughout the challenge.

2. Exercise at least 30 minutes per day - every day.  The exercise can be intense (strength training, swimming, running, etc.) or it can be more gentle (walking my dog, yoga, etc.), but I will do SOMETHING every day.

3. Because of my tracking and exercise, I will lose at least 5 pounds during this challenge.

4. Develop a new catalog and workflow for my photography, then begin to add my old photos to the new catalog (I probably have more than 25k old photos that I need to add in, so the goal for this challenge is to get started).

How will I score myself for this challenge?

1. Tracking 5+ days per week is worth 2 points.   Tracking 7 days per week is worth 3 points.

2. Exercising 5+ days per week is worth 2 points.  Exercising all 7 days is worth 3 points.

3. Each pound I lose is worth 1 point.

4. Setting up my catalog and adding my first set of photos is worth 1 point.  If I get more than 1,000 photos processed before the challenge is over, that is worth another 1 point.

A perfect score for this challenge would be 31 points.  Anything 25+ is an "A", 21-24 is a "B", and 17-20 is a "C".

• Like 1

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

Results from Week 1, Day 1:

1. Tracking: I tracked today, and finished below my target by ~150 calories.
  2. Exercise: I exercised for 30 minutes (15 minutes of yoga and 15 minutes of walking).  Bonus - my wife wants to start a 30-day plank challenge, so I did a plank with her today.  The challenge starts at 20 seconds (which I found easy), and finishes around 5 minutes (which sounds impossible).
  3. Weight Loss: My weigh-in day is Monday morning, so nothing to report here until the end of week 1.
  4. Photography: I got started today and processed about 30 photos.  I am a long way from being done with my goal here, but you have to start somewhere, right?

Level 4 Ranger

Results from Week 1, Day 2:

1. Tracking: I tracked today, and finished right on target.
  2. Exercise: I exercised for 51 minutes (23 minutes of yoga and 28 minutes of strength training).  I decided to try starting the YAYOG program over again today.  Boy, did that ever kick my butt!  The sad thing is that I finished the 10-week program a little over a year ago and felt great about it.  It seems much harder this time.  I'll just have to plow through it until it feels more normal.
  3. Weight Loss: My weigh-in day is Monday morning, so nothing to report here until the end of week 1.
  4. Photography: I took a quick inventory of the photos I need to corral this year.  I was way off in my initial estimate.  There are actually more than 50,000.  Ugh. There will be plenty of duplicates, but I have to go through them to find them. This will definitely take all year to finish in my spare time.

Level 4 Ranger

@RadicalEd - For a number of years, I trained (and taught) Tang Soo Do.  I haven't been actively training for the last year or so, but hope to get back to it again before too long.  I tend more toward the rangers, which is why I picked that guild last year, but I do have some monk tendencies, too.  Good luck with your challenge.

Level 4 Ranger

Results from Week 1, Day 3:

1. Tracking: I tracked today, and finished 500 calories below target.  I need to make sure I don't go that far below too often.
  2. Exercise: I did 30 minutes of yoga today.  My arms are sore from yesterday's YAYOG workout, but that is no surprise.
  3. Weight Loss: My weigh-in day is Monday morning, so nothing to report here until the end of week 1.
  4. Photography: After eliminating obvious duplicates, my real count is 47,897.  I need to sort through about 1,000 per week to hit my target of finishing by the end of the year.  This is going to be a tough one, but I will feel very accomplished when I am finally done.

Level 4 Ranger

Looking good.

Results from Week 1, Day 3:

1. Tracking: I tracked today, and finished 500 calories below target.  I need to make sure I don't go that far below too often.
  2. Exercise: I did 30 minutes of yoga today.  My arms are sore from yesterday's YAYOG workout, but that is no surprise.
  4. Photography: After eliminating obvious duplicates, my real count is 47,897.  I need to sort through about 1,000 per week to hit my target of finishing by the end of the year.  This is going to be a tough one, but I will feel very accomplished when I am finally done.

Looking good. You got this.

Hey there, you still with us?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi