jmk

Challenge #1 - 2016 Going from Princess to Queen

For the last 24 years of being a mom, I have let life, kids and outside influences direct the course of my life.  Staring this year, I am taking back the control I have given others & social media (mostly for good things, but still distractions to my life) and setting course to grow myself in three main areas based on my 2016 roadmap here.   

My life quest is to be a queen!

hnumxiy.gif

That classy not quite middle aged woman that knows how to carry herself with dignity in every situation. 

Always having the right thing to say that not only honors the one it is said to, but shows maturity and love in the delivery.

I want to physically look the part and dress in pretty clothes that fit well.

Seeking ways to gain wisdom that grow me spiritually and mentally.

Serving others through specific volunteer opportunities and not just because I can’t say no. 

Ultimately, I want to be a beacon of light into others’ lives, encouraging and showing them the love of Jesus through my actions towards them and others.

I have found over the past NF challenges, I don’t do well setting goals for the entire challenge and need to have flexibility each week so I’m going to create weekly goals under my mini quest categories.  These will all be attainable within a week if I plan ahead the day before and stick to the plan!  I have no excuse to not succeed.  

All of my quests will be graded on pass/fail. 

100% - weekly prize

90% & under – nothing

Each week I will also have a motivating song & scripture to go back to if I feel myself slipping into old patterns of too much time on Pinterest, Facebook, etc.

wdoF6lU.gif

• Like 2

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

Week #1 Jan 4 – 10, 2016

Scripture: I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13

Song Unwritten Natasha Bedingfield

Mini Quest 1# Gaining Wisdom

* I’m leading a Bible Study with my daughter, her friend and her friend’s mil.  I need to take Mon/Tue/Wed to prepare for the new book we are doing.  I haven’t done well being ready for this time together and will make this my #1 priority this week.

* Attend lecture seminar Thursday.

* I was asked to read a parenting book by a local author and provide feedback. 30 min/day until done.

* Find a book club to join.

Mini Quest #2 Fitness

*This week will be the Doodlie PVP & yoga.

*I am also starting a Whole30 with the exception of an occasional little honey in my tea.

Mini Quest #3 Self Care

*Planning ahead each night

*Adulting: Finish cleaning out & organizing office / organize wrapping paper stuff / clean out coat lockers

*Friendship: Take flowers to BF on her bday Mon.  Celebrate her bday Thur night. Get her present together by Wed.

*Marriage: Husband is going for out of town training (Mon-Thu) – make sure I am communicating well with him during the week. I tend to get busy and not make time to talk to him while he is at work. 

*Parenting: I am starting this week asking my children on Sunday how I can pray for their week.  Also mailing a care package to daughter at college on Friday.Finding a storytime I can take my grandchildren to each week.  Monday night help son clean out his closet.

Grading

Pass: 100%  -  Prize will be new black boots

Fail: 90% or less  -  NOTHING

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Week 2

Jan 11 – 17, 2016

Scripture: For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.  2 Timothy 1:7

Song Fight Song Rachel Platten

* Work on memorizing Bible Study Scripture – have five done by Wed.

* Attend lecture seminar Wednesday.

* read a parenting book by a local author and provide feedback. 30 min/4 x’s

* Read first chapter of Doodlie Khan class

Mini Quest #2 Fitness

*This week will be the Doodlie PVP & last week’s strength challenge to beat Lady Shello

*Whole 30 & 6 freggis per day.

Mini Quest #3 Self Care

*Adulting: Organize basement storage / vacuum & dust 1st floor including my bedroom / clean all appliances

*Friendship: Flowers for friend starting her own business Monday / Friends coming for dinner Monday / write three letters this week to friends I haven’t chatted with recently / Go to Meetup

*Marriage: Husband’s bday is Monday.  I started birthday week for him Sat and will continue this week with special surprises.

*Parenting: Continue asking my children on Sunday how I can pray for their week.  Got a MANCrafts book by Popular Mechanics from the library – doing something new with son.

*Get a haircut!

Grading

Current Challenge

Halfway through the challenge.  Last week was great, I hit all my goals and will be getting new boots!  All of my jeans are too big except one pair.  If I pass all goals this week, I will get two new pairs of jeans/pants. I am also adding in some goals for work.

Week #3 Jan 18 - 24, 2016

"And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."

2 Corinthians 9:8

Song Girl on Fire Alicia Keys

* Daily Email Devotional 5/5

* Attend GF Class at the library Tuesday night.

* Attend seminar at local college Tuesday

* Watch second chapter of Doodlie Khan class

Mini Quest #2 Fitness

*Jillian Michael’s yoga – 2x

* Zone Training – 2 x

*Whole 30

* Bed by 11pm 5/7

*64 oz water per day 7/7 

Mini Quest #3 Self Care

*Adulting: Clean ceiling fan in my room / wash light fixtures in dining room & kitchen pendants / wash bathroom fixture lights

*Friendship: Friends coming for dinner Monday / Make plans to get together with 2 friends in next two weeks

*Marriage: Plan a date night with husband Sat night

*Parenting: Continue asking my children on Sunday how I can pray for their week.  Get care package together for daughter in college.  Make cookies for oldest daughter.

Mini Quest #4 Work

*Make new office calendar

*Organize new planner

*Set outlook calendar for the week

Grading

Pass: 100%  -  Prize will be new jeans/pants

Current Challenge

Last week was a bust on hitting my goals, but this week will be great!  My song is Control by Janet Jackson, so I will be taking control of my motivation and getting things done!  I have also added to more Mini Quest Categories to better reflect the areas I am working on so I moved a couple things around.  I'm excited for this week and starting to plan ahead for the next challenge.

Week #4 January 25 – January 31, 2015

“Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!†Romans 7:25

Control Janet Jackson

* Daily Email Devotional

* Attend Detox class Monday night

* Watch third chapter of Doodlie Khan class

*Read at least 2 chapters in Steve’s book

*Bible Study lessons -  1 Peter / Ephesians / Rebekah

Mini Quest #2 Fitness

* yoga – 2x

* Zone Training – 2 x

*Whole 30

* Bed by 11pm 5/7

*64 oz water per day 7/7 

Mini Quest #3 Adulting

*Cleaning: Clean ceiling fan in my room / wash light fixtures in dining room & kitchen pendants / wash bathroom fixture lights / clean bathtub (see self care)

*Friendship: Make plans to get together with 2 friends in next two weeks / write three notes

*Marriage: Get taxes done – this will make him so happy!

*Parenting: Continue asking my children on Sunday how I can pray for their week. / Make locker posters for wrestling team / send card to oldest daughter

*Send bday present to nephew

*Do not get back into bed after son leaves

Mini Quest #4 Work

*Organize new planner – plan ahead each day

*Get shopping list done by Monday

*Organize receipts

*update calendar

Mini Quest # 5 Self-Care

*Get eyebrows done

*Take a bath

Mini Quest #6 Adventure

*Open Gym time at local indoor arena

Grading

Pass: 100%  -  Prize will be new jeans/pants

Current Challenge

All hail Queen JMK! 

It looks like you've got competition to this title def ;)

Good luck, you've got this :)

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

All hail Queen JMK! 

It looks like you've got competition to this title def ;)

Good luck, you've got this :)

Well there is only one thing for it... 

DEATHMATCH. 

jk, we can rule our respective nations with peace and benevolence :D

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

DEATHMATCH. 

The queen of smut vs the queen of class

*grabs popcorn*

• Like 3
Spoiler

Hah!

• Like 2

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

Happy January, jmk! I like your mini-challenge setup. (And also Unwritten, that is a great song!)

• Like 1

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

The last time anyone tried that Team flip bitch revolted....

• Like 2

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"  - Conan

Quests

The last time anyone tried that Team flip bitch revolted....

And we'd do it again.

• Like 3

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

You got this jmk!  Solid action plan to kick off the first challenge of 2016.  ;)

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

One of my not listed goals is to update my challenge regularly.  I haven't done well on that the last few ones.

Here's a pic of the coat lockers I cleaned out last night.  Got rid of 4 coats and unmatched gloves. 

BiotrNft.jpg

I've been eating great & working out.  Keeping on track with all of my goals. 

Celebrating my friend's bday tomorrow while on Whole30 is going to suck, but I will be so much happier when I am laying by her poolside this summer!

• Like 3

Current Challenge

One of my not listed goals is to update my challenge regularly.  I haven't done well on that the last few ones.

Something that helped me with that during my first few challenges was creating some short of check-in summary that you can copy, paste, and add to every day (or however often you resolve to post).  Just a couple of lines for your goals with a brief blurb of commentary after so you can quickly and concisely summarize how your efforts have been going. 

Food for thought, at least.  Best of luck on sticking to the Whole 30!  I know I couldn't do that.  ;)

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Something that helped me with that during my first few challenges was creating some short of check-in summary that you can copy, paste, and add to every day (or however often you resolve to post).  Just a couple of lines for your goals with a brief blurb of commentary after so you can quickly and concisely summarize how your efforts have been going. 

Food for thought, at least.  Best of luck on sticking to the Whole 30!  I know I couldn't do that.  ;)

I second these statements. I devise a format that covers all of my goals and I copy and paste that then update it with a small blurb on how the day went sometimes its longer if I have something/more to say.

• Like 2

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"  - Conan

Quests

I second these statements. I devise a format that covers all of my goals and I copy and paste that then update it with a small blurb on how the day went sometimes its longer if I have something/more to say.

Same here. It really helps you stay on top of your goals.

I will be so much happier when I am laying by her poolside this summer!

Spoken like a true queen. Don't let those evil birthday temptations get in your way of your goal!

• Like 1
Spoiler

Same here. It really helps you stay on top of your goals.

Spoken like a true queen. Don't let those evil birthday temptations get in your way of your goal!

Thanks guys!

Current Challenge

On my monthly weight in, I was down a pound which I was happy about coming through the holidays. It's been a good week.  Made it through my friend's bday dinner last night without drinks or dessert!

* I’m leading a Bible Study with my daughter, her friend and her friend’s mil.  I need to take Mon/Tue/Wed to prepare for the new book we are doing.  I haven’t done well being ready for this time together and will make this my #1 priority this week. Done 1/5/16

* Attend lecture seminar Thursday. Had to babysit the granddaughter, but watched some TED videos instead.

* I was asked to read a parenting book by a local author and provide feedback. 30 min/day until done. 4/7

* Find a book club to join.

Mini Quest #2 Fitness

*This week will be the Doodlie PVP & yoga. 4/7

*I am also starting a Whole30 with the exception of an occasional little honey in my tea. 4/7

Mini Quest #3 Self Care

*Planning ahead each night 4/7

*Adulting: Finish cleaning out & organizing office / organize wrapping paper stuff / clean out coat lockers Done 1/5/16

*Friendship: Take flowers to BF on her bday Mon. Done 1/4/16  Celebrate her bday Thur night. Get her present together by Wed. 1/6/15

*Marriage: Husband is going for out of town training (Mon-Thu) – make sure I am communicating well with him during the week. I tend to get busy and not make time to talk to him while he is at work. Did well!

*Parenting: I am starting this week asking my children on Sunday how I can pray for their week.  Done 1/4/16. Also mailing a care package to daughter at college on Friday.Finding a storytime I can take my grandchildren to each week. Done - went to Storytime 1/4/16 Monday night help son clean out his closet. Update Son said he wanted to do it Friday.

Grading

• Like 4

Current Challenge

4cba91c6194eb16cc2f0b8aec2c6b28a.jpg

Hers a pic of the garbage on the right from my son's room, couple bags going to Goodwill and a couple to my daughter of stuff she left when she moved out. I can't believe there's this much stuff after having done the Minimalist Game the last two challenges. Son's room is done, lots of clothes gone he's grown out of. I was glad to get stuff out of his room, but a little sad to see him move his stuffed animals and Legos out. Reminded me of Andy in Toy Story. I was told I still have to save them though!

• Like 4

Current Challenge

That must feel so good, getting rid of all that stuff!

Great job :)

• Like 1
Spoiler

Week 1 Recap

I set the bar too high on reading each night and didn't get it accomplished so I have to take this week as a loss for prizes.  I do feel like I accomplished a lot as I got everything else on my list done.  Instead of finding a book club, I looked through my local meetups and found a dinner club.  I will plan to attend this next Thursday.  I am starting the Kahn Doodlie University class and felt like Book Club is more than I want to take on.  I'm looking forward to new friends and experiences.  I also went to the library and got a bunch of books on hair & makeup. I feel like updating my look and am getting a haircut.  I give the week an A-. 

* I’m leading a Bible Study with my daughter, her friend and her friend’s mil.  I need to take Mon/Tue/Wed to prepare for the new book we are doing.  I haven’t done well being ready for this time together and will make this my #1 priority this week. Done 1/5/16

* Attend lecture seminar Thursday. Had to babysit the granddaughter, but watched some TED videos instead.

* I was asked to read a parenting book by a local author and provide feedback. 30 min/day until done. 4/7  FAILED

* Find a book club to join. Found a dinner club to meet with instead

Mini Quest #2 Fitness

*This week will be the Doodlie PVP & yoga. 5/7  FAILED

*I am also starting a Whole30 with the exception of an occasional little honey in my tea. 7/7

Mini Quest #3 Self Care

*Planning ahead each night 7/7

*Adulting: Finish cleaning out & organizing office Done 1/8/15 / organize wrapping paper stuff Done 1/8/15 / clean out coat lockers Done 1/5/16

*Friendship: Take flowers to BF on her bday Mon. Done 1/4/16  Celebrate her bday Thur night. Get her present together by Wed. 1/6/15

*Marriage: Husband is going for out of town training (Mon-Thu) – make sure I am communicating well with him during the week. I tend to get busy and not make time to talk to him while he is at work. Did well!

*Parenting: I am starting this week asking my children on Sunday how I can pray for their week.  Done 1/4/16. Also mailing a care package to daughter at college on Friday.Finding a storytime I can take my grandchildren to each week. Done - went to Storytime 1/4/16 Monday night help son clean out his closet. Update Son said he wanted to do it Friday. Done 1/8/15

Grading

• Like 3

Current Challenge

a dinner club sounds quite interesting....

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4