Elanor starts the year 2016 with Challenge #6

Hello fellow Rebels and friends

I thought I had missed out this challenge, but yesterday, I created an account on twitter and the first page I followed was Nerdfitness and there was the message, that the challenge starts today and as I just respawned after the holidays into my fitness journey - I thought, I might as well start with you other folks :D

Ok, lets break down all goal first:

My main goal is to reach a weight below 100 kgs - maybe I will be able to get below it but first of all I want to crack this magic number! I want to ride my horse and get my chances up to one day maybe be able to get pregnant.

Now, my GOALS for this challenge are the following:

Nutrition:

• Get to stop snacking between meals

Fitness:

• Take the bike to work at least once a week (3km)

Life quest:

• make sure to brush my teeth EVERYDAY

To get there, this breaks down to the following steps:

1. Continue working towards no snacking: 2 snacks in the afternoon, none in the morning, then only one snack in the afternoon and at least for the last week of the challenge have no snack at all in the afternoon
  2. Track food and if possible calories
  3. First week: check bike and ride one time into the village (1,5 km), starting with second week ride with the bike to work either on Monday or Tuesday
  4. Check brushing my teeth daily

For the rewards: I want to buy a bike hometrainer or punching ball - with the challenge completed I will invest into one :)

----

Ok, I think these are straight forward goals and as I already work on restricting to snack, it should'nt be to hard.

And there's news!!!

I just created this weekend a new blog, youtube channel and twitter for my weight loss journey, to keep myself accountable and get all I have to say out of my head and to save everything also elsewhere than only here in the forums.

I would really love if you check it out! I will try to post my updates here on Wednesday and Sunday!

Leave me a comment in this thread and show me your challenges also!

For the rebellion - have an awesome year 2016!!!!!

Yours,

Elanor

• Like 2

Level 9 Human-Viking Paladin
Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

My journey - Elanor's official Blog

My weekly Fitness-Vlog on YouTube

Hi Elanor, it's great to have you back for another challenge with us! 

I like your goals, you have a good mix of short and longer term motivations. Looking forward to seeing you ace this one! 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

good luck!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

ok, so, I didn't write wednesdays post here because yesterday finally was STARWARS-Day!!! It was the film we picked together as a family for our annual cinema evening. The rest was rather stressful - outside it's been cold and blabla ...

So, just to resume from Monday to this morning:

Snacking: 2 snacks on Monday and Tuesday, only 1 snack yesterday!!!

Food tracking: was good and below my goal except that I did not yet track the calories for yesterday (I usually srew up on the first wednesday of the challenge - is it the same for you?)

Biking: nope, didn't touch the bike YET!

Teethbrushing: as the others - checked it on the first 2 days and totally forgot yesterday.

I'm happy that I still use Habitica to track all those things so there is immediate reward or "punishment" if I don't check my daily chores.

Ok, how are you other folks doing?

I'm heading over to my blog now and write a new post to get some more things out of my mind :)

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

It's Sunday again and I initially wanted to write quite a lot but there isn't any energy left - I'm not overall happy - maybe my grade would be an A for not snacking too much during the week, a C for the bike thing - I cleaned my bike but didn't ride it and a C also for the teeth brush because I forgot it twice. You'll read me again on Wednesday and maybe I will upload a new Vlog too!

Yours,

Elanor

Monday:

We had storm, I was outside all day - no way for biking. Only had 1 snack. Brushing: check!

Tuesday:

Still stormy weather, I was even more outside - the rain was as cold as ice - I survived the day with the help of my husband - had 2 snacks, no biking, thinking of making some adaptations to the challenge.

Today:

weather was better - my husband helped me on the farm - I could relax more - no snack in the afternoon but I ate some fruit while cooking dinner, usually I don't count that, but it definetely WAS a snack ;)

I decided to make some changes. I really would love to go biking, but at night I'm just so happy to be out of that mud, rain and wind!!! So I decided to do another tracking: track my daily activity - track the minutes I spend with farm work, grocery shopping, playing with the dogs, cutting wood, cleaning the house, working with the horses etc. so I get a better overview how I can adapt my workouts to my scedule. :)

I just finished writing a blog entry with more details and some theories on what I will work next on my weight loss journey - I'd love if you took a look and maybe even left me a comment with your opinion.

A question to all of you: do you know any good exercise into calorie converter? Is the one of MyFitnessPal reliable?

Have a nice rest of the week! Good night!

Jaana

• Like 1

A question to all of you: do you know any good exercise into calorie converter? Is the one of MyFitnessPal reliable?

In my experience the MFP very much overestimates calorie burns for exercise. This one is much more reliable so I manually add calories burned. 

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

In my experience the MFP very much overestimates calorie burns for exercise. This one is much more reliable so I manually add calories burned. 

That's exactly my experience with MFP - that's why I no longer tracked exercise there! Thank you for the link - I'm heading over to it!!!

Biking in lousy weather is so not fun ... I think you have to be a really crazy cycling enthusiast to enjoy biking through cold and slush. Adjusting to something more suited to the weather (and that you won't dread doing) makes sense.

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

so great to read you stealthsticher! yeah, I will redo this in spring, when the weather is not yet warm enough to go swimming ;) I'm heading over to read your challenge!

Hello - it's me again - so, how did my days go since Wednesday?

Thursday

All done

Friday

All done - I'm neglecting my daily household chores a bit - I hope this will get better with next week

Saturday

Feeling great - all done!

Sunday

- WEIGHING DAY - I'm really happy - I lost 1,7 kgs again within the first 2 weeks of this challenge :)

Tracking my activity (I'm only tracking minutes for now, not yet the calories) is really fun and allows myself a fully new view about what I'm doing each day - as it's been only 4 days, I don't want to make any conclusions yet - I just wanted to say that my average was 2,5 hours of activity other than sitting around. I don't know if this is much - I don't think so honestly. I'm a little struck on how little I move - especially if I remember how it was as I was even heavier than today.

This is the reason I don't want to put any final conclusion on this yet and take some time to digest this new information. By the start of the last week of this challenge I will then also convert the minutes into calories to be able to see this too.

Ok, that's it for now!

You'll read me again on Wednesday and if you don't - please remember me ;)

Yours

Jaana

PS: Todays' blogpost!!!

Congrats on weigh in! 

I think the tracking could really work - if you want more movement, you could aim for three hours now that you know your average is 2.5, or whatever. Or if you could try to balance 1.5 hours of low-intensity movement with 1 hour of higher intensity. There are of course pedometers and fitbits and other such fanciness - have to admit, I've never used them. 

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

Congrats on weigh in! 

I think the tracking could really work - if you want more movement, you could aim for three hours now that you know your average is 2.5, or whatever. Or if you could try to balance 1.5 hours of low-intensity movement with 1 hour of higher intensity. There are of course pedometers and fitbits and other such fanciness - have to admit, I've never used them. 

thank youuu!!! :love_heart:

I'm not planning yet on getting a fitbit etc. - but who knows ;) I'm really overflowing with ideas now that I know more in wich direction I can make even more improvements - it's hard to stick to only doing the tracking at the moment, but I really want to because only then will I have a feeling to what I'm doing now and can compare it to later. That's my experience overall with habit building: know where you're standing and make small but consistent changes.

ok, so I'm in a hurry now, but as I'm already one day late here comes my update:

Monday:
everything ok, I stangely don't have much appetite - I even finally uploaded my new video (hope you don't mind if I post it here) where I ramble about some things I had to get out of my head - it's exploding otherwise :tongue:

Tuesday
Appetite gets back to normal - speaking with some family members which gives me lots of new input - I struggle a little to stay on track because my mind is elsewhere but everything ok

Wednesday
My sister got her driver's license so there was some celebration meal and cake - hehe ... but I was only a little over my calorie goal. Only thing was, That I didn't update my blog and here as I planned.

Read more about what goes through my mind about improving my daily activities on my blog (sorry, but as I have to leave the house, I can't write it down here again as I planned)

So, you'll read me on Sunday! Have a nice week and thank you so much for all your support!!!!
Yours,
Jaana

you have pretty great english btw!

one thing catching my ear in the video was about having a right to eat yourself full. it's true. many people have misconception that dieting equals starvation. for example philippinese kitchen has great soup recipes. they are quite calorie poor but taste awesome, and fill you up. i have adjusted diet so that i can practically fit myself full in every meal while still getting reduced calorie intake. If you take a starvation diet, eventually body can get really stuck. my friend overdid a diet years ago, and his metabolism got so stuck that it took almost a year to fix it and he got actually fatter than he was in starting point.

• Like 1

oh, thank you so much - I'm struggling with my English, but as my fitness Community is mostly English speaking, I took 20 secs of courage ;)

yeah - I rather restrict my snacking throughout the day so I can eat more on my meals to feel full. And I try to exercise more and choose better foods. This is really really helpful for me, because being hungry always leads to me feeling miserable ... which leads to binging ;) ... vicious cycle ... EVIL cycle - hehe

• Like 1

So, here comes Sunday's update:

Thursday

had some struggle

Friday

all went good :) but I really should get my shopping lists back under control ... sitting around with 2 yoghurts makes me hungryyyyy....

Saturday

over the calorie goal again - :(

Sunday

I'm really tired but I think I can check everything today too

Ok, I'll keep it short today too - I already wrote a bit more personal things on my blog but here I want to track the following:

1. I will eat protein and vegetable for EVERY MEAL and have eggs and/or tuna as well as raw veggies PREPARED so there's no excuse even if I will add other food.
  2. I finally decided on my challenge REWARD: I'm going to do this Amazon.com-Order and use up the gift cards/coupons I've gotten from my aunt for this - I'm really looking forward to it and never really take the time to do it!

And I will then make my first "unboxing" video ever with it ;) - hehe

Maybe I'll write more tomorrow but I somehow feel really really tired right now and tomorrow will be a busy monday, so, in worst case, you'll read me again on Wednesday as usual!

Yours,

Jaana

• Like 1

Good tracking goal and that sounds like a great idea for a reward!

Been reading your blog, BTW, and this might sound cheesy but you can do it! Trust the process and remember that every good choice takes you forward.

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

Thank you so much stealthstitcher :) such kind words.

So, for my mid-weekly log:

Monday

everything went a little upside down but I was able to have no snack in the afternoon

Tuesday

It's great to have veggies and protein ready - I'm longing for those snacks

Today / Wednesday

well, it was a really emotionheavy day - I'm really looking forward to some steadyness in my life from time to time :P but my goals really seem to work out because I stayed on track without even noticing and even eating a little more than I hoped, but still in my goals.

I'll post a link to my new blog entry once I've written it, but for now: it's gaming night!!!!! woot!!!! :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

• Like 1

Hello fellow rebels!

As I mentioned already in my blog entry, I had to wait for my husband to go to bed so I can use his computer because my hard drive broke down :( :( :(

So, I'm sorry, I would've liked to write in your others threads more too for support, but I can only do the minimum necessary for my goals to stay acountable.

Thursday

This was the last day where everything went fine ;)

Friday

Troubles in the PC were manifesting - I was really stressed - we ordered pizza for lunch because everything else was closed and we hadn't prepared lunch - I nearly didn't move all day except for 20 mins in the morning and some cleaning the house while waiting for the hard drive check to run. I'm so glad I saved all files shortly before!!!!

Saturday

Computer down but I was still able to check mail etc. We got a lot of leftover food supplys of friends that went to live in canada and emptied their stores. They are very oriented to whole foods, having a garden and preparing smoked ham etc. on their own - yummy - but I somehow forgot to track my snacks and we had pizza again at night because I had spent every minute with my broken Computer and my husband had forgotten to take his payment card so, once all the shops were closed at night when he returned from work, again, only the pizza place was open and we both starving.

Sunday

I didn't bother about my computer anymore because it didn't even boot. I spent a relaxed Sunday with my sisters and my stepfather and with my horses, feeling how my muscles had grown within the last weeks. I forgot some things off my goals but as I can't really track them anyway, I decidede to relax and make the best food choices I could which went pretty well.

So, now I will go through all of my posts of this challenge to evaluate what grade I will give myself - I'll be right back!!!

For the first time I really found a way to calculate my overall grade. My changes are still minimal and I lost only about 0,5 kgs but the changes in my daily routine are immense!

I really did well on this challenge and finding a way to grade myself and seeing my grade here in written form really makes me happy!!! I completed 85,5 % of my challenge goals (awarding myself up to 2 points a day) which is a clear B grade!!!! yay!!!

85.5%
85.5%

:redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

Now, for the little sad part: I wanted to reward myself in doing my amazon.com order today but because of my broken computer I will first have to know, what expenses will be the most important ones in the next time because I have not much savings to buy a new one ... :miserable:

I will find answers to all of those questions tomorrow morning - wish me luck!!!

See you for the next challenge and don't forget that I will continue updating my blog twice a week and try to make a Vlog on YouTube once in a while too!

Thank you so much for all the support I got - you're really awesome!!!

FOR THE REBELLION!

Yours,

Elanor aka Jaana

• Like 1