Zeeko Prays to the Earth

zeeko13

My name is Zeeko and my journey brings me to foothills. 

The past month, I have gone under a difficult detoxification process. While I rid my body & blood of the poison that lied within, I am unable to drive off the toxic cloud that persists over the warcamp, the place I currently live at. The dark knights of the warcamp conjure it every evening as part of their ritual. I am increasingly unwelcome here.

Every night I plan my escape. The difficulty lies in patience. It is going to take a very long time to build what I need to slip away. I will need skills, coin, and I will need my strength back. If I don't have my strength, I fear the mission I am on will fail. I fear the lost person I am looking for will not recognize me as I am now. Today I am weaker than she has ever seen me. Tomorrow I will be stronger than she has ever seen. Strong enough to find her.

So I remember my past training. I remember the mountains, and how they pressed my lungs into iron. I remember the boulders that tested my decisions and dexterity. I remember gravity itself pulling me towards the earth in which I came from, only for me to push back.

So today, I will visit the foothills. I will gaze upon the mountain peaks far away, as I greet the earth once again. We have been apart for too long. I'd like to hear what it has to say.

Quest 1: Iron Horse Ancestor
Walk at least 3 hours a week. 

Quest 2: Pray to the Earth
Body weight routine at least twice per week (focus on push-ups).

Quest 3: Does This Path Have a Heart?
Hike in nature for at least an hour a week.

Quest 4: Till the Soil
Organize at least one section of living space per day.

My goals are based on my first challenge. I don't have a diet challenge because I'm doing amazingly well using the paleo restart site. I already log my food there and I don't want to be redundant. My non-fitness goal was decided on when I realized I haven't truly cleaned my room since fall semester started. Even still, I have unpacked boxes from when I moved here in October 2014. It's the result of being depressed, and I'm trying to drag myself out of this mess. Both meanings intended. I have winter semester free, so there couldn't be a better time to spruce up the place for the new year :)

• Like 1

Level 2 Half-Orc Ronin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 1

Fear is temporary. Knowledge is eternal. Action is the first step.

1: Prologue | 2: Earth

good luck!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Day 1.

Walking: + 55 minutes, + 2.5 miles

Organizing: + 1.

Did the dishes, and organized the fridge & pantry.

Good start. I decided to count all the miles on my walks longer than 10 minutes for 2016. It's like a fun little project with no expectations. 
Smooth sailing on the diet front.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ronin

Day 2.

Walking: + 17 minutes, + .75 miles

Organizing: + 1

Cleaned up pile of dirty clothes for laundry tomorrow.

Today was raining. No hike today. I should probably do the body weight routine before I go to sleep tonight. I'll edit later if I do that.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ronin

Day 3.

Walking: + 65 minutes, + 3.3 miles

Cleaned out a dresser drawer filled with adolescent regret

Today was raining again... no hike again. I'm having difficulty finding time to do the body weight routine. I can't do it past 9pm because neighbors and paper thin walls, but I'm incredibly nocturnal at the moment, and I cook from the time I wake up, then take my walk, then oops it's already too late to make noise. I have to promise myself to do it first thing when I wake up tomorrow. I'll even set up a phone alarm. 

Level 2 Half-Orc Ronin

Day 4.

Walking: + 30 minutes, + 1.35 miles

Eliminated the pile of stuff on the pile of boxes. 

Woke up early today. My grandma woke me up and asked for family favor stuff. It ended taking up all of the daylight hours :( I have to take my hike tomorrow. After that, it's going to rain again. I wouldn't care except I ride a motorcycle full time, and I don't feel comfortable riding nature-y roads during rain. 

Didn't do the body weight workout today for the same reason. Tomorrow is deadline day for me to keep good standing with myself! 

Level 2 Half-Orc Ronin

Day 5.

Walking: +17 minutes, + 0.7 miles

Organizing: + 2
Cleared out two drawers of my dresser. Two more to go. For the first time since moving here I can actually put my clean clothes away. Cripes.

Workout: + 1

3 sets of:

squats x20 +15 lb 

knee push-ups x7

walking lunges x10 +15 lb

dumbbell rows x10 +15 lb 

70 second planks

jumping jacks x30

I hate lunges. That is all.

(It's not raining tomorrow so it's gonna be hike day! I'm actually pretty excited.)

Level 2 Half-Orc Ronin

Good start to the challenge.  Getting out into nature is a great way to enjoy your walking.  Its great that you priortise your cooking time.  Maybe you could have a modified bodyweight programme that isn't too noisy?

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

I probably can. It's mostly the jumping jacks. I could just do a replacement. But really, I just want to fix my sleep schedule. I have to align it with school by the time February rolls around. I'm skeptical to the idea that sleeping at a certain time is healthier than another, but I can't argue with the need for more sun. And, it's just annoying to have shops closed all the time.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ronin

Day 8.

Hiking: + 1 hour 8 minutes, + 2.77 miles

Got rid of some recycling. Will need multiple trips cause motorcycle.

The last two days, the Eeyore demons got the best of me. Today is time for some Tigger demons. I didn't get out of bed yesterday. Not once. Didn't eat. There's some stuff going on in my life that I don't feel in control of, so it's... hard.

It's been 6 weeks of eating paleo today. I honestly thought my mood would improve by now. That makes me suspect it's not really about my physical health, which... makes it harder. That's part of what I've been sulking about.

But, because I never got out of bed yesterday, I got plenty of sleep at night, and woke up at 4:30 am today. It's a bit too early for my tastes, but it's a start towards fixing my schedule.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ronin

Day 9.

Walking: + 40 minutes, +1.7 miles

Cleaned out another drawer and finally put my clean clothes inside for the first time... ever. 

Today was a productive day. I woke up and cooked, did laundry, and my friend came over. She asked if I wanted to eat out, and I said that I'd cook for her. She happily accepted that. We walked to the grocery, she picked out the steak and veggies (sauteed brocolli & "fried" tomatoes), and we ended up cooking together.

This was the friend that was initially unsupportive, so it quietly felt like a big deal to me. It seemed pretty normal to her. She mentioned how she wished she had some dinner rolls but I knew it wasn't a jab. Nice night, and my friend seems in a more positive spirit. That's always good.

I also cleaned up some odds and ends. I got the Level Up book today! I read the first 60 pages at the laundromat. So far it's a mix of what I expected and some good words to keep on hand when I'm feeling blah. I'm right before the "Phase 2" part of the book. Might read some before bed but I kinda want to save it for when I wake up tomorrow.

Woke up at 12pm today. I fell asleep at 2am. I haven't had sleep that awesomely log-like since.... a very, very, very long time. 

Level 2 Half-Orc Ronin