Seemed that gal has received some really nice comments.  I was sad to see the bus take her away.  You know I do have some ABBA on my mp3 player.  You will never know what I am listening to.  Heck I run to pipes and drums or techno on any given day if I have music on.  LOL

Certainly hope I am not recorded but since I am not a regular at the stop known for it unlikely it will happen.  Of course my dancing is bad enough I might be mistaken for a really cold person having convulsions...

• Like 2

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Copied from another thread...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First let me apologize to anyone at the downtown bus stop I was at.  Freezing cold, windy, about 15 people waiting for buses some of which standing and some sitting, and then there was me.

Time:  approx. 3:45pm

Music:  ABBA & Talking Heads

Song: Mama Mia & And She Was (a favorite!)

I started to bounce a little and gradually danced more and more until the bus came.  Strange looks happened.  I felt odd but I realized one important thing.  Those poor saps sitting there and just standing there were colder then I was since I was moving I was getting warmer.  Plus being intimidated by this whole thing kept my mind occupied that I quit thinking about how cruddy the wind and blowing snow felt.  :)  Helped so much that when I got off the bus and started the trudge home I started belting out some Boston.  Totally surprised some construction workers that were not enjoying the wind and cold either.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So I got a little run in, walking, biking, and reading.  Still on target for the week.  Tomorrow I have to get it done early so I can crash after the appointment.  If I go ahead and get up at my usual 4am then I should be good.  I am really tired but first I am going to catch up on some of the challenges I have not looked at in the past couple days.

• Like 2

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

Ditched the run today due to stepping out and slipping almost immediately.  I did bike, strength work, and read before the doctors.  I also walked a couple miles.  So tomorrow is an off day and will only be walking and of course reading or meditating.

• Like 2

For my tracking sanity...

Jaune (strength training) - 5 of 12

Nora (cross train) - 3 of 8

Pyrrha (bike and run) - on track for running other than not running due to ice and being home, biking has been 35 of 60 miles

Ren (meditate or read daily) - 3 for 3 this week...not missed one this challenge yet.

So I have 2-3 runs left this week, 25 miles of riding, at least one strength, at least one cross training session left, and keeping up meditation/reading.  If possible I may get in an extra cross training and strength session this week depending on how I feel this weekend.  Today was not as bad as last time at the dr (it was still pretty awful) but you never know what can happen any given week so putting a little extra in the bank may make it easier.

• Like 2

Just found out that a second person I knew from work died today.  It is hitting me pretty hard and it is the second person in 2 weeks.  So despite the fact I like doing strength workouts in the morning I saved the one today for when dinner is cooking.  Might be a good thing it worked out that way now.  I do believe I will use the emotions I have to fuel the workout.  Might also do sledgehammer cross training instead of a ruck to vent anything that is left.  I have to admit the last thing I want to do is hop on the bike for some miles.  Then again going a mile or more with something heavy on my back has its benefits too.  Feeling pretty awful right now.

The last thing I want to do is be at the gym around people being all weepy.

He had a knack for winning trips and loved to travel.  He was someone that honestly lived his life to the fullest.  Always good for a smile but also was very good at expressing his opinion.  

I'm sorry that you lost a friend at work. I like your description of him, those are great traits. I like that you are kind of giving a workout to those emotions. I use the bike to ease strong emotions, too.(I used to use running).  I hope your workout helped you think and work out some grief.

• Like 1

Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

OK AwesomeSUe, you really are quite awesome.

Just read thru this:

Biking in frigid weather (TO WORK!), still getting workouts in even in ice, doing multiple modes of w/o per day....
How is anyone supposed to have a valid excuse to slack around here if you're doing all this consistent hard work??? ;)

• Like 3

Today is subdued which is fine.  I should get 3-4 miles of walking.  Not feeling great but am at working getting tasks completed so that feels good.  Other than walking today is completely off of other activities.  I feel strange not doing ANYTHING.  

• Like 6

I love Talking Heads.  I do believe while working in the labs today I will put on some of their music.  It feels like a Talking Heads kind of day.

Still not feeling great and was hurting by the end of the day but I did enjoy some walking.  Many reminders about the coworkers that recently passed and all kinds of things going on and all I know I needed to run or bike and just go however long I needed to go which was not an option yesterday.  I talked to kiddo on my way home and realized I needed to get home and help her see she can do math even if it is 5 digits and division.  LOL  Anyway I did take time walking a bit extra home but finally caught the bus so I could get home sooner to help her.  Plus I was hurting some so maybe that was a good thing. Then we took the easy way out for dinner and ate mindlessly.  Yeah regretting that this morning still.  

If I get moving shortly I will be able to knock out strength before work.  I need to get a run in and some bike miles today.  Very busy day at work today and to top it off I have 2 people coming to see me for some assistance.  Tomorrow will be another run maybe, definitely bike, and cross training with the sledgehammer.  Sunday is a run day and more strength work.

• Like 3

I love Talking Heads.  I do believe while working in the labs today I will put on some of their music.  It feels like a Talking Heads kind of day.

Still not feeling great and was hurting by the end of the day but I did enjoy some walking.  Many reminders about the coworkers that recently passed and all kinds of things going on and all I know I needed to run or bike and just go however long I needed to go which was not an option yesterday.  I talked to kiddo on my way home and realized I needed to get home and help her see she can do math even if it is 5 digits and division.  LOL  Anyway I did take time walking a bit extra home but finally caught the bus so I could get home sooner to help her.  Plus I was hurting some so maybe that was a good thing. Then we took the easy way out for dinner and ate mindlessly.  Yeah regretting that this morning still.  

If I get moving shortly I will be able to knock out strength before work.  I need to get a run in and some bike miles today.  Very busy day at work today and to top it off I have 2 people coming to see me for some assistance.  Tomorrow will be another run maybe, definitely bike, and cross training with the sledgehammer.  Sunday is a run day and more strength work.

Glad you had a rest day yesterday, you have an awesomesue kind of day/weekend planned I see, so you'll be all ready for it!  

Have a great day!!!

• Like 1

So between yesterday and today I have:

another run down

finished the bike miles needed for the weeks goal

another strength completed

read

walked

cross trained (Giggles)

Tomorrow:

Run and strength

• Like 2

We went to a record store yesterday and I grabbed their last Talking Heads Album in stock.  LOL  It was awesome.  An older gentleman was telling a younger gal all about Talking Heads and as he was getting ready to look I leaned over and told him I grabbed the last one.  We both laughed and he explained to this person why they are so freaking great.  I loved it.

Okay today I managed to walk, run, and do a very basic strength workout.

So to wrap up the week quickly:

Jaune (strength training) - 7 of 12

Nora (cross train) - 4 of 8

Pyrrha (bike and run) - running done and 60 miles as planned on the bike.

Ren (meditate or read daily) -100%

• Like 2

Great job with getting your goals done this week even with adversity.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Ack...woke up with a sore throat and feeling tired as tired can be (super run down).  I am thinking it is a result of being around loads of sick people at work and all the other stressors as of late.  Plus we had a fantastic time with family.  Hung out for about 10 hours.  Loads of fun.

So I have it down and not just in my head, here is my tentative schedule for the week:

Monday...may ride about 10 miles...depends on how I continue to feel

Tuesday - run, bike about 10 strength

Wednesday - cross train, bike about 15

Thursday - run, bike about 10, strength

Friday - Run, bike about 10, cross train

Saturday - finish bike miles (10-20 miles depending if I bike today, Monday), strength

Sunday - run run and run  :)

Of course reading/meditation daily 

Okay time for sleep.

• Like 2

Looks like a full week.  You know best, but watch that you don't over train while sick, because you might knock yourself out of being able to train for a while.  It is OK to take a couple days without a workout (says the guy trying to come back after a chronic use injury sidelined his half marathon training).

• Like 2

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Looks like a full week.  You know best, but watch that you don't over train while sick, because you might knock yourself out of being able to train for a while.  It is OK to take a couple days without a workout (says the guy trying to come back after a chronic use injury sidelined his half marathon training).

I listened and napped all day.  So absolutely no training not even walking a mile.  LOL  Today I feel not as bad but still not good.  Chills off and on all day yesterday.  I am not sure if I will run today.  If nothing else I will just add the run later or call it a 3 run week.  Biking will be nothing strenuous.  Basically whatever pace that is not taxing, granted I would like to do 18-20 mph I will be happy with 10-12 if it means getting it done.  And I will only do what I feel good doing ..5 miles fine, 10 miles better, anything more would be ideal.

Strength today should only take about 10-15 minutes.  Squats/presses/push ups/planks kind of basic workout.

My wonderful hubby did grocery yesterday for the family while I rested.  When I am off work today I will be steaming some beets to make borscht and roasting a delicious spaghetti squash.  More good foods to enjoy!

Running behind today for doing anything fitness related but the slow morning is proving quite nice.

• Like 2

Kept it simple yesterday and I feel MUCH better.  I rode 15 miles.  Today will be strength work, run, and about 15 miles on the bike.  I already have a couple miles of walking down.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was not so awesome and I have no reason.  I hit a wall and stayed stuck to it.  No run at lunch.  I was too slow to get up from my chair and ran out of time.  When I got home I had plans to finish workingout but just did not.  No good reason other than it was a meh kind of day.  I knitted though.  I did not even read or meditate so I dropped the ball across the board.  So 2 of my goals this week will be mediocre since I missed running/bike training and the meditation/read part.  The ultimate strength goal will still be achieved by challenge end.  :)  I even slept extra.  Granted I was up at 2:30 and could not go back to sleep until 3:50.  Normally I am up at 4.  But I slept until 5:30.  Feels like my day is completely out of whack but I will not let that deter me.

Can't make progress unless I maintain consistency.  

• Like 1

Okay getting my traction back.  Yesterday and today so far:

walked 4 miles

biked 25  I believe I am at 40 miles of the desired 65.  I can easily do 25 miles in one or two days.  I got this.

strength trained 2 days in a row....different workouts

Ran, well not so much.  I cashed in trying again at work.  The same old issues.  First week of the semester and special projects means I only took a few minutes late yesterday to eat.  I decided I wanted my other goals since they are more doable this week.  I need to get consistent here.  This week has been anything but consistent.

Read yesterday and meditated this morning.

Cross trained with the sledgehammer last night while listening to music with kiddo and making pancakes for our breakfast for dinner night.  I made the greatest banana pancake.  Instead of making one for each of us I made a huge one we split.  She was impressed when I was able to flip it with one spatula.  I had a second handy.  I think the epic noise I made doing it was her favorite part next to eating it.   ;)

Today more walking in store of course at work.  Also I might try a ruck today or perhaps tomorrow.

• Like 3