New Recruit Reporting for Duty

Hi Everyone, my name is Michelle and I live in Canada. I'm 34 and overweight. As much as it sucks to write, it's true, so there it is. I've been working with a personal trainer, who has much the same philosophies as Steve does.

In the time I've worked with my trainer, I've learned how to do exercises properly, as well I've been able to build up my strength. Now I'm about to put a big push on to get my weight down. To reach my goals my aim is to increase my cardio workout days (I'd like to learn to run) as well I would like to add another day of weight training a week (currently doing 2 days). I know it's on me to get out there and get my butt moving and I really believe with the help of Nerd Fitness I can do it!

I love the way things are written and it's a good reminder that I'm not soft and I can get out there and do it. While other sites can help with knowledge and stuff, I find this place is great at giving me the type of motivation I need. Everyone is different, but this is to my liking. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'm afraid to sweat and give it all I've got!

Welcome Michelle! It's awesome that you've already achieved a lot with your trainer, and even more awesome that you have more goals and are pushing yourself towards them! You may want to check out the Paleo diet, a lot of people on here swear by it for weight loss and overall health benefits. It might point you in the right direction.

Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'm afraid to sweat and give it all I've got!

And I completely agree with you about ^ this. :D Good luck, and be sure to ask around if you have questions!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)

welcome to the community! i was very anti-paleo when i first started reading about it because i've always learned that no food should ever be "off limits." but i decided to try it hardcore for 30 days and i have to say i've learned alot. i'm looking forward to eating some of my favorite foods again but i think the lessons i've learned from paleo will help me alot going forward. congrats on getting a workout going - find something you love and do it! if that's running rock on...but don't be afraid to try new things that are out of your comfort zone as well :) if you belong to a gym, they likely have various classes that will give you a good workout and introduce you to activities you may have never tried before.